Who Was That Crew Member?

Did you find any particular crew member extremely helpful? Did you talk to someone who brightened up your day a bit?

Personally, I loved the Crew doing the front door on Saturday, wait... that was me! ;) Just kidding, but even though I am part of the crew, I love seeing how hard everyone works around the event, it's manic.

• Like 1

The gentleman in charge of Photoshoot A on Saturday was brilliant. He kept the queues in order, called the numbers out in order so nobody jumped in and walked down the entire length of the queue so everybody could hear. It was very smoothly run, and made the waiting far more enjoyable, so, thankyou! :smile:

To be honest, I find the best Crew are the ones you don't notice. They're there just quietly getting on with things and making sure everyone has a great time - so to all of them I say thank you!

The bad crew members are usually the ones who stick out and that you remember.

• Like 5

I didn't encounter a bad crew member the whole weekend. I made a point of going to the info desk when I left on Sunday to thank the crew there and let them know I'd had a great time and that everyone had been helpful, and to thank them for their time - I figured far more people would go there to complain about something, and I wanted to pass on thanks for my good experiences.

I thought the blonde woman managing the queue in photo area A on Sunday was very good (I didn't catch her name) - I arrived for an Eve Myles photo and the area was running behind, but she kept everyone informed as to what was happening, kept the queue area organised, and continually had a smile and was in a good mood. It could have been so easy in that situation to be grumpy or let the area fall into chaos, but she did a fantastic job at keeping it orderly and the wait happy, not tedious - which of course meant even though things were running late and I was worried about getting to my next shoot, I didn't get disgruntled, and the people around me all seemed in good spirits too even though we had to wait longer than we thought we would. So definitely a massive congrats to her for being so positive and good at what she was doing!

• Like 3

how do u become a crew member ??? wouldn't mind being shackled to Jason Momoa for the weekend !... :thumbup:

there is a section to read on the forum about crewing but the email address is

crew@showmastersonline.com

Edited by enty

how do u become a crew member ??? wouldn't mind being shackled to Jason Momoa for the weekend !... :thumbup:

There is a crew section on the Forums, it tells you exactly how you can become one should you wish to!

I thought the blonde woman managing the queue in photo area A on Sunday was very good (I didn't catch her name) - I arrived for an Eve Myles photo and the area was running behind, but she kept everyone informed as to what was happening, kept the queue area organised, and continually had a smile and was in a good mood. It could have been so easy in that situation to be grumpy or let the area fall into chaos, but she did a fantastic job at keeping it orderly and the wait happy, not tedious - which of course meant even though things were running late and I was worried about getting to my next shoot, I didn't get disgruntled, and the people around me all seemed in good spirits too even though we had to wait longer than we thought we would. So definitely a massive congrats to her for being so positive and good at what she was doing!

That would be Lisa. She's on the Forums somewhere, I'm sure she'll see this!

• Like 2

I think that might be the same person who was managing the chaos around the Max Grodenchik / Salome Jens / Andrew Robinson shoots which all came in quick succession and then the Alexander Siddig reschedule. Thought her badge said Liza but could be wrong.

Kept the groups waiting for each person well organised and separated, answered all queries quickly, got everyone quickly into position when it was time and by doing so just made sure it all went rather well.

I'm well experienced in these events and have almost never had an issue with the crew and recognise most by now and even know a few to chat to but while I feel bad picking out just one when so many did a good job, she stood out for me as things could easily have got chaotic and out of hand around that time with so much going on.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

I think that might be the same person who was managing the chaos around the Max Grodenchik / Salome Jens / Andrew Robinson shoots which all came in quick succession and then the Alexander Siddig reschedule. Thought her badge said Liza but could be wrong.

Kept the groups waiting for each person well organised and separated, answered all queries quickly, got everyone quickly into position when it was time and by doing so just made sure it all went rather well.

I'm well experienced in these events and have almost never had an issue with the crew and recognise most by now and even know a few to chat to but while I feel bad picking out just one when so many did a good job, she stood out for me as things could easily have got chaotic and out of hand around that time with so much going on.

Actually, Liza sounds more like it, because that's how everyone was pronouncing it! I never looked her name badge & I was working with her all day!

(SORRY LIZA)

We had a lovely chat with the crew member for Alexander Siddig whilst we waited for him to return to get his autograph. I think his name was John? He was from Ebbw Vale I think. Very friendly and pleasant. :)

Hi Trinnerfan, Yes thats me John.. thanks for the comment.. It is nice to see the crew be appreciated and hope you enjoyed the show.. Love doing these things and meeting new people too..

Hope you will be coming to the Cardiff Convention and you have no excuse as you live in South Wales hehe!!

• Like 1

But for me all the crew were amazing.. and I may sound baised but for the size of the show and how it grew compared to last year.. we stuck together and worked our backsides off to making this the best show ever...

Espically with the heat and the tiredness as it is a long day for us crew.. I think we were all the A-Team!!!

• Like 1

We had a lovely chat with the crew member for Alexander Siddig whilst we waited for him to return to get his autograph. I think his name was John? He was from Ebbw Vale I think. Very friendly and pleasant. :)

Hi Trinnerfan, Yes thats me John.. thanks for the comment.. It is nice to see the crew be appreciated and hope you enjoyed the show.. Love doing these things and meeting new people too..

Hope you will be coming to the Cardiff Convention and you have no excuse as you live in South Wales hehe!!

Hi John

I would really love to go, there's some great guests for this one. But I go on holiday the day after! My finances won't stretch that far, unless I win the lottery by then!

My hubby runs TheBeardedTrio by the way! :)

Edited by trinneerfan
  • Like 1

Am i.. On here or Facebook?

On here? He shows up under your friends anyway?

Rebecca Maggs was in our group for the weekend too. I think you know her from Facebook?

Edited by trinneerfan

Actually, Liza sounds more like it, because that's how everyone was pronouncing it! I never looked her name badge & I was working with her all day!

(SORRY LIZA)

Yeah was Liza (Elizabeth) she was my roomie for the weekend. Seen lots of great feedback for her!

My little boy gets on with every crew member he's ever talked to over the years, but particularly is a bit in love with Emma, who was with either Norman or Peter on Saturday. We went over to say goodbye to her before we left and bumped into Norman and Sarah Wayne callies leaving together, who both said hello and high-fived my 'little dude' - so that was a nice bonus! So if Emma (with the always back-to-front Star Trek pins on her lanyard) is on here at all, Isaac sends his love! :D

(SORRY LIZA)

Yeah was Liza (Elizabeth) she was my roomie for the weekend. Seen lots of great feedback for her!

Haha Liza was useless lol.. Only saying that cause I love her lol

I liked talking with the lady crew member who was taking the autograph money for Norman Reedus on Saturday.

That was me, but it's been a while since anyone called me a lady ;)