Cosplay Guests Feedback

Hi, what did everyone think of the cosplay guests?

I saw Tabitha at her Artyfakes table and was impressed by all the stuff they have made, the dragon was amazing! I didn't see any of the others though, I believe they all did panels on the cosplay stage but we didn't see them walking around etc, probably because it was really busy.

This meant it was a little difficult to find them. Tabitha was easy as she had here own Artyfakes area but there wasn't much indication of where the others would be. Someone did tell me they were located with the Sexy Cosplay Girls team, but when we passed them there were other people there, the SCG team seemed to be in charge and it was confusing as to who was who etc.

If they do this again, maybe these guests should have a Showmasters branded area instead of being put with another group? It would be nice to see some male cosplayers added to this list too, as it would've been good to get their perspective on costume making.

Cheers!

If they do this again, maybe these guests should have a Showmasters branded area instead of being put with another group? It would be nice to see some male cosplayers added to this list too, as it would've been good to get their perspective on costume making.

Note that the cosplay guests was something of an experiment this time around. Following how popular it's turned out to be, we hope to build on it for the future, so perhaps you will see a proper branded area.

On the subject of male cosplayers we already have a couple in mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

That's ok. It was good to see the hall split into sections, with all the cosplay related stuff in one area, comics in another etc. Very easy to find everything you're looking for all in once place.

Browsing the Forum following LFCC, I'm a bit surprised to see a real lack of feedback on the Cosplay Guests :(

As a new addition to the show I was looking forward to seeing what everyone thought and if the idea would be continuing at other shows.

Personally I really liked the idea of advice panels that the guests were doing (although being disorganised I failed to actually see any of them...)

Would have been nice to have the cosplay guests in a more labled area as it was difficult to spot them. Having seen most of the guests at other events i could spot them but I'm sure there were 3 or possibly 4 I just couldn't find/identify.

I was one of the cosplay guests... and we had an area to ourselves with tables at the back of the hall near the cosplay stage. When we weren't on the stage, or on breaks, we were all there the vast majority of the time, or we spent time wandering the con floor to interact.

There was a circle of around 8 tables which had SCG, Artyfakes and the rest of us there as our base. As AnimeLeague have said it was an experiment, so lots has been learnt to apply to next time I'm sure.

After our armour and props panel on Sunday I had lots of people coming up to me at the table area asking further questions that they may not have felt comfortable asking in front of a large group in the panel itself. I found this really encouraging, as as I was wearing my Worbla armour that I spoke about I was pretty easy to spot and ask questions too :)

In anycase, LFCC was amazing. Thank you to everyone that came to our panels and to see us, I hope we sufficiently answered your questions :D

• Like 1

• Moderators

I like the fact that everyone was able to interact with the 'guests' and have photos etc. It's always going to be more like that for the cosplayers than the signing guests.

Plus like you say, there were clearly some that didn't want to talk in front of a crowd, but loved the chance to have a quieter convo.

I think you all did a great job of being accessible both for photos and conversation, so well done :)