Photoshoots Vs Autograph Experiences

Thanks GG!, It was a real pleasure meeting and talking with you on Friday. You've met some really great stars through premiers and these interest me.

I was wondering how your son got on on the Saturday, I bet he was tired? I liked experiencing both the Friday (quiet and relaxed) and Saturday (busy). Saturday once inside was great. I liked it as the place was buzzing (great atmosphere, and I think the guests like that). I got the 3 photo shoots and remaining 3 autos done by about 2:30. I was done around 3:50 after Eve's photo shoot. Though I am beating myself up about not getting Lena Headey's photo shoot as I did not know she was doing one after 5pm otherwise I would have queued up in the morning to get a ticket. I couldn't make it back on Sunday as much as I wanted to as my finances were shot!. :smile: It was a brilliant weekend especially with the weather and Andy Murray's tennis win on Sunday. Was really on a high for all of the week.

Sincere thanks for checking David's auto for me, from signed photo's others have posted it looks fine. I will definitely be at the next one and it would be nice to see you/meet there too.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by BigDave

Thanks GG!, It was a real pleasure meeting and talking with you on Friday. You've met some really great stars through premiers and these interest me.

I was wondering how your son got on on the Saturday, I bet he was tired? I liked experiencing both the Friday (quiet and relaxed) and Saturday (busy). Saturday once inside was great. I liked it as the place was buzzing (great atmosphere, and I think the guests like that). I got the 3 photo shoots and remaining 3 autos done by about 2:30. I was done around 3:50 after Eve's photo shoot. Though I am beating myself up about not getting Lena Headey's photo shoot as I did not know she was doing one after 5pm otherwise I would have queued up in the morning to get a ticket. I couldn't make it back on Sunday as much as I wanted to as my finances were shot!. :smile: It was a brilliant weekend especially with the weather and Andy Murray's tennis win on Sunday. Was really on a high for all of the week.

Sincere thanks for checking David's auto for me, from signed photo's others have posted it looks fine. I will definitely be at the next one and it would be nice to see you/meet there too.

Kind Regards

Dave

We had a fun day on the Saturday, I think we were both tired as an early start to join the early bird queue ! I can't believe you missed out on the Lena photoshoot, one cool lady ! We got a stack of autos and photoshoots on the Saturday, one of the other attendees (many thanks if you are reading this) was kind enough to lend my son a Darth Maul lightsaber for his photoshoot with Ray Park and so we got an adhoc demo of Ray busting some of his Darth Maul moves in the photoshoot which really made my sons day. Met so many cool guests, saw some awesome Cosplayers and can't wait to do it all again in October.

Really glad your son got to see Ray Park on Saturday. The Cosplayers took me by surprise on Saturday and it was nice seeing them in the area near the signing area's which made for a fun day. Some of the costumes were incredible. I normally bring a camera with me but didn't this time (attended as light as possible :king: ) which was a regret as it would have been nice to get some photo's with the cosplayers. I like Lena and she was someone I planned to have a photo with and then meet I am hoping she will be invited back soon, her photo shoots looked great fun.

Edited by BigDave

For me? Photoshoots are too informal, a nice desk photo is much better and doesn't seem as forced, if that makes sense.

I've only had a few photoshoots and most of them have been awesome with the way they came out, granted this is because Malcolm took them.

With getting a photo at the desk (with the Autograph) it adds to it if that makes sense.

To me some of those over the desk photos look so uncomfy especially if the guest doesn't come out from behind the table, all that stretching and trying to smile at the same time, I'd rather stick to the photoshoot at least there's not usually any odd stretching lol

• Like 1

This was my first time, I only got photo shoots and looked on jealously (is that a word) at all the people getting autographs, who seemed to be having chats with all the guests. Swore to myself I would get both next time, so I'm reading this thread with great interest

I like both. Especially Autos on personal photos with the guest where the photos are some years old. The reaction how they looked like etc. is most of the time very entertaining.

At another show I had the lovely gorgeous Evy Myles to sign a photo from her first LFCC visit being 6 month pregnant.

Her comment to that photo, in her known free speech of mind, "OMG (i censored the more explicit words she used :D ) that was when i was 6 month pregnant right? . Look how ugly i was... and that haircut... Then she took the photo ran over to John Barrowman showed it to him and said... "U can be soooo lucky. Cause that's what u r looking like when u r pregnant."

I made Jason Momoa sign my photoshoot pic with him from a Con last year in October and he looked at it for almost a minute while whining about how long his hair was back then.

For me? Photoshoots are too informal, a nice desk photo is much better and doesn't seem as forced, if that makes sense.

I've only had a few photoshoots and most of them have been awesome with the way they came out, granted this is because Malcolm took them.

With getting a photo at the desk (with the Autograph) it adds to it if that makes sense.

To me some of those over the desk photos look so uncomfy especially if the guest doesn't come out from behind the table, all that stretching and trying to smile at the same time, I'd rather stick to the photoshoot at least there's not usually any odd stretching lol

It's no comparison really when you compare the official photo shoot and the photo at the desk. The official photoshoot wins almost every time. If I could afford it I would probably get an official one with every guest I wanted to meet, but in the end as always money tends to dictate the plan, but I've certainly started to get more official photoshoots in the last couple of events.