Tapping Shanks Refunds ? Where is it

Hi Firstly to echo many others thanks for a great LFCC

I was mostly there for the DS9 Actors and Amanda Tapping from SG, Aron Eisenberg was awesome had a good chat with him and we crossed paths a couple of times throughout the day.

My only real gripe after no chairs again, getting a little old and a seat would have been great... but where is my refund for the Tapping/Shanks photo that was cancelled as Michael Shanks failed to show...again.

The crew said they would be processed over the weekend and nothing ...come SM give me back my £50.00 I spend enough with you every year.

Thanks Gripe over.

I think it's more likely the crew said they would be processed after the weekend. They definitely wouldn't be done over the weekend as everyone was at the show.

The people who deal with the refunds will get them all processed as soon as they can and you will get your money back but it may take a few days.

It takes a fair while for the refunds to all come back sadly. I'm still waiting for my Linda Hamilton and Terminator Group refunds...they will come it just takes time. I'm going to leave it until the end of the week and if no refund I'll contact again.

I read this all the time and I guess it may vary from business to business and bank to bank but last week I got a refund from Next and a refund from Sainsbury's. On both occasions the refunds were given in the morning and when I checked my account in the afternoon the refunds were there. So not always the case. I guess it's all different.

They are being processed after the weekend, that is correct. If someone told you they are done on the weekend they must have mixed this up with Michael's solo photoshoot which could be swapped or refunded on the weekend.

I spoke with Mara about this Sunday night and she was saying all refunds should be done by the end of the week. When exactly the refund will show can vary unfortunately as stated above.

They are being processed after the weekend, that is correct. If someone told you they are done on the weekend they must have mixed this up with Michael's solo photoshoot which could be swapped or refunded on the weekend.

I spoke with Mara about this Sunday night and she was saying all refunds should be done by the end of the week. When exactly the refund will show can vary unfortunately as stated above.

I have a question. If the Refunds are done Automatic, How do I keep the Tickets for the Winter show? I am happy to keep them until then. Also on the threads the MODS have been saying we can keep them to use. But if Refunds are Automatic then I would be Refunded and will have to buy them again? So really pointless the MODS saying we can use them again? Confused I am, Your Jedi mind tricks you play :crying::yoda:

You're getting your photoshoots mixed up I am afraid. ;)

The Tapping/Shanks photo will be automatically refunded. The first post specifically says Tapping/Shanks photo and that's the procedure. The same procedure is also happening for the Tapping/Shanks talk.

If you have a Shanks solo shoot (which I am understanding is the one you have?) you just hang onto your ticket and use it at the winter show if you wish to keep it. Same thing for Lexa Doig and Nicole DeBoer. No one is forcing you to get a refund, hence my use of the word "could." If you wanted a solo shoot of these three refunded you either had to hand in your ticket on the weekend and swap it or get it refunded on the spot or you need to send it in for the refund to be processed. If you want to keep the ticket for the Winter show you just use it there.

You're getting your photoshoots mixed up I am afraid. ;)

The Tapping/Shanks photo will be automatically refunded. The first post specifically says Tapping/Shanks photo and that's the procedure. The same procedure is also happening for the Tapping/Shanks talk.

If you have a Shanks solo shoot (which I am understanding is the one you have?) you just hang onto your ticket and use it at the winter show if you wish to keep it. Same thing for Lexa Doig and Nicole DeBoer. No one is forcing you to get a refund, hence my use of the word "could." If you wanted a solo shoot of these three refunded you either had to hand in your ticket on the weekend and swap it or get it refunded on the spot or you need to send it in for the refund to be processed. If you want to keep the ticket for the Winter show you just use it there.

Sorry QS, Just noticed posted in the wrong thread :crying: That's great I will hold on to the three tickets. I did have a problem (think I posted it here somewhere) I had the Peter mayhew ticket from CM19 and when I showed it the staff wouldn't let me use it. They phoned Mara who said I could. It did cause a problem. :blush: As these are A lists guests I didn't want a problem each time, If I do I will come and Hunt you down... :jason: Top Regards.

• Showmasters Admin

Sometimes with these refunds/reuse things, it can get complicated and it's hard to make sure every single crew member know about each and everyone of them. What should ahjve happened did. They weren't sure so they asked someone that did and it got sorted, it's not causing a problem :)

Saying this the Shanks, Doig, DeBoer ones will be well known at LFCCW and so should be no issue at all.

Sorry QS, Just noticed posted in the wrong thread :crying: That's great I will hold on to the three tickets. I did have a problem (think I posted it here somewhere) I had the Peter mayhew ticket from CM19 and when I showed it the staff wouldn't let me use it. They phoned Mara who said I could. It did cause a problem. :blush: As these are A lists guests I didn't want a problem each time, If I do I will come and Hunt you down... :jason: Top Regards.

Yes, and I replied to that post elsewhere. ;) You weren't allowed to use Peter's ticket first because those tickets were originally all to be refunded and hence the CM tickets would not have been allowed to be used per some lists.

I'm still waiting for my Linda Hamilton refund ... she was cancelled at least 3 weeks ago. Any news on this?

The last info I have is that Linda refunds were all processed before the show. If you e-mail me with your name and order number I'll see if I can find out where yours is hiding.

If you wanted a solo shoot of these three refunded you either had to hand in your ticket on the weekend and swap it or get it refunded on the spot or you need to send it in for the refund to be processed. If you want to keep the ticket for the Winter show you just use it there.

Hi all - this is exactly what I tried to do with my Shanks shoot between 1/2pm on the Saturday. The woman on the desk wouldn't let me have an outright refund, she said that I could only swap for vouchers - all very well but I'd finished for the day in terms of getting photoshoots and autographs! Luckily it isn't too much of a problem for me, as I do intend to go to the Winter LFCC, however as someone with not much money I wanted to get my money back there and then and have the option to buy it at a later point. Obviously, this would have been a bigger problem for those who can't go to the Winter LFCC, so just wanted to raise this and wondered if i'd just had a bad experience with the crew member on the desk?

Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's the first time I heard of issues with Shanks ticket swaps. I had to trade in mine myself and was offered a refund or a swap right away. For some reason it looks like that particular crew member did not have the right info. Maybe they had mixed something up like spacecadet did above.

If you have an issue like that next time please ask for the pit boss or if it's about a refund and the pit boss can't help ask for Mara spcifically. They will be happy to sort this out for you.

• Like 1

I went to the desk to double check (have two joint shoot tickets and two talk tickets) and was told they'd all be done automatically by Friday - and I assumed it'll then take a few days to show up in our accounts, so no worries so far. Obviously I'm keeping half an eye out as it's a lot of money, but everyone I talked to in the crew seemed to be completely informed and unworried - it's aaaaalllll good. :)

So I spent nearly £200 on the day, and will soon get £140 back - it's worked out as a really cheap seeming day now 'cause I spent that £140 so long ago it's like extra money! See - it's a bonus!. :D

Yep, Amanda / Michael refund where is it?. It's now Thursday after the show (great show by the way!!!) and the refund still hasn't been beamed into my bank. Hailing frequencies open...

The intention is for them to all be processed by the end of this week. It can then take up to five working days for the bank to process them, So potentially they can show up at any point from now, including next week.

Did you get an email notification or did you have to check your account? I still haven't heard anything yet.

I got no email notification for my Linda Hamilton refund. I just checked my bank account every few days and it showed up about 1 week before the show.

Edited by andrewrolar

If you wanted a solo shoot of these three refunded you either had to hand in your ticket on the weekend and swap it or get it refunded on the spot or you need to send it in for the refund to be processed. If you want to keep the ticket for the Winter show you just use it there.

Hi all - this is exactly what I tried to do with my Shanks shoot between 1/2pm on the Saturday. The woman on the desk wouldn't let me have an outright refund, she said that I could only swap for vouchers - all very well but I'd finished for the day in terms of getting photoshoots and autographs! Luckily it isn't too much of a problem for me, as I do intend to go to the Winter LFCC, however as someone with not much money I wanted to get my money back there and then and have the option to buy it at a later point. Obviously, this would have been a bigger problem for those who can't go to the Winter LFCC, so just wanted to raise this and wondered if i'd just had a bad experience with the crew member on the desk?

Thanks.

It happened to me too. :(

Any chance to have a refund with my AT/MS talk and photo op tickets?

I can't go to LFCC winter and I wouldn't lose 20£!!!!

Btw so far I got zero refund :(