Does any one have pictures of ray park from the sunday?

Does anyone know yet why he didn't show up on Sunday?

I'd be interested to know this if anybody does know. I was under the impression that he had some sort of emergency when the sign said 'called away'

I really hope it isn't because he was at Wimbledon as has been suggested by others....... :no:

• Like 1

I would undertand if he was called away for some serious reason. I went Sunday only and his autograph was one of the four I wanted. I didn't see him there all day despite checking every now and then (the sign wasn't up until later on the day) and when I heard it may have been because of him goin to Wimbledon, I couldn't believe it. Why sign up for attending Sunday if I know here's a possibility I won't have time? If it was the case, I think it very rude to the fans.

• Like 2

Totally agree with you SammyRomie. I met Ray again on the Saturday and had my photoshoot and I'm now glad that I did. I had my figures, art prints and books signed by him on Saturday but wasn't taking my Phantom Menace poster until Sunday as Ralph Brown was there too. Sadly as Ray didn't show his signature is still missing from my Phantom Menace poster and also from a couple of photos that I hadn't got done on Saturday.

As I say I really hope it isn't down to Wimbledon..................

I was in a similar position to SammyRomie. I was only going for Sunday and Ray was one of the people I wanted to meet. I went back to where he was meant to be signing throughout the day to be told that he hadn't turned up and they were waiting for information. It wan't until nearly 3pm when I went back there that I was told he had been "called away" It was when I was getting my refund that I had overheard Wimbledon was there reason he wasn't there. If this does turn out to be true this is appalling behaviour and horrible news for those who made the trip on Sunday just for Ray. I hope Showmasters can address the situation asap.

I would undertand if he was called away for some serious reason. I went Sunday only and his autograph was one of the four I wanted. I didn't see him there all day despite checking every now and then (the sign wasn't up until later on the day) and when I heard it may have been because of him goin to Wimbledon, I couldn't believe it. Why sign up for attending Sunday if I know here's a possibility I won't have time?

I know it is a huge disapppointment for folks, but I also can understand his viewpoint.It certainly wouldn't have been known at the time he signed up that Andy Murray would be in the final. Think of the occasion - it's 77 years since a Briton won the Wimbledon mens singles, 117 years since a Scot did. That's a less than once-in-a-lifetime experience. I heard a news story on the radio on Sunday morning that somebody had just paid £71,000 for a ticket to watch the final.

I'm not Scottish and I'm not the world's greatest tennis fan, but if somebody had offered me a ticket for Centre Court on Sunday, I'd have been off like a shot.

Doesn't take away from the disappointment oif the fans and the expense they incurred, and it wouldn't be my idea of an object lesson in good manners, but the temptation of such an utterly historic situation? I can completely understand bunking off.

• Like 2

I would undertand if he was called away for some serious reason. I went Sunday only and his autograph was one of the four I wanted. I didn't see him there all day despite checking every now and then (the sign wasn't up until later on the day) and when I heard it may have been because of him goin to Wimbledon, I couldn't believe it. Why sign up for attending Sunday if I know here's a possibility I won't have time?

I know it is a huge disapppointment for folks, but I also can understand his viewpoint.It certainly wouldn't have been known at the time he signed up that Andy Murray would be in the final. Think of the occasion - it's 77 years since a Briton won the Wimbledon mens singles, 117 years since a Scot did. That's a less than once-in-a-lifetime experience. I heard a news story on the radio on Sunday morning that somebody had just paid £71,000 for a ticket to watch the final.

I'm not Scottish and I'm not the world's greatest tennis fan, but if somebody had offered me a ticket for Centre Court on Sunday, I'd have been off like a shot.

Doesn't take away from the disappointment oif the fans and the expense they incurred, and it wouldn't be my idea of an object lesson in good manners, but the temptation of such an utterly historic situation? I can completely understand bunking off.

The problem is that if the rest of the celebs had that thought then we could have all be in there on Sunday and hardly anyone turned up to do autographs and photographs. There needs to be a bit of a line.

I was lucky enough to make it back to our hotel just in time to see the last few games.

I'm a huge tennis fan. I'd do anything to be able to watch the Wimbledon final. But not if I was contracted to attend an event. Ray is obviously a fan, too, so he would know how disrespectful to fans it is not to turn up without prior cancellation. I will be so disappointed in him if the reason turns up to be true. Even being a big tennis fan.

There is no official word on why Ray Park didn't show up on Sunday and seeing a thread that is possibly accusing him of going somewhere else could hurt the chances of Showmasters being able to sign him up for future events.

Just some general information.

IF, and again I must stress IF this the true reason he was not there Sunday I just don't think that comes across as professional in any way at all. I can undersand the historical significance etc of the match, but I personally think that's a cop out. If there was even the SLIGHTEST chance he was not going to be there Sunday due to the tennis it would have been polite to have announcement. As stated, some people travelled specifically for him and will be out of pocket. I doubt they will take comfort in thinking "oh well at least he saw tennis hstory made". I know many will jump in and say that due to previous experiences we should have expected this type of cancellation but I just feel a bit upset for those who felt cheated in him not being there.

Edited by LSM

There is no official word on why Ray Park didn't show up on Sunday and seeing a thread that is possibly accusing him of going somewhere else could hurt the chances of Showmasters being able to sign him up for future events.

Just some general information.

Yes, I'm sorry, I know it's not confirmed. I'd like to know the official reason though, so the rumours could stop. He was apparently lovely on Saturday and I'm just sorry for not meeting him. I hope he will be able to come again in the future.

Edited by SammyRomie

Not sure if it was true but if it was j still think it is fair for ray to go to the Thonas of he was offered a ticket I mean all of you are basically makin it out to be that if you had been offered a ticket to the final none of you would have accepted it

I defiantly would have

Not sure if it was true but if it was j still think it is fair for ray to go to the Thonas of he was offered a ticket I mean all of you are basically makin it out to be that if you had been offered a ticket to the final none of you would have accepted it

I defiantly would have

Yes, but you're not on a contract and noone spent money to see you.

If that is the reason he didn't attend, it's not only unprofessional, it's downright rude towards his fans.

Wouldn't say rude but unprofessional. If he broke his contract then that's for Showmasters to sort with him and I doubt Ray would go to Tennis if he was on contract anyway. Besides if you were offered free seats I doubt anyone would say no

• Showmasters Admin

funny we are busy working on future guests and events and if we do not see a post and get back asap we get the Mmm... which just means we have not seen a thread , funny though Mmmm....

anyway no this rumour is not true Ray did not go off to Wimbledon , a personal issue came up and that is why he could not attend the Sunday .

hope that helps clear it up

jason

@ Showmasters Jason

You seem to take offense to my using a hmm.. OK fair enough.

But something that really bugs me, and I know a lot of other people too, is that once an event is about to start, or is running, the information flow basically grinds to a complete halt. So if someone does not show, not even the people manning the info stand or the guest queue know what's going on. In a time where seemingly everyone posts what they had for breakfast on Facebook or Twitter, it seems a bit odd for this to be the case. How long does it take to post a message like "Ray Park had to cancel today due to a personal issue" or the like. Why is there no information thread for unscheduled events like that?

It seems to me, that it would be very easy to have a laptop placed with the information stand and have someone there post updates. If you don't have enough volunteers, adding one for just that task should not be a huge task.

Now this kind of problem is one that appears on just about every event hosted, wherever. And it is one that people are constantly complaining about. And no matter who is hosting an event, the response to anyone mentioning this is always the same, an annoyed response of the kind: "We can't be expected to answer to every thread. We just don't have the time."

Fair enough. But that doesn't mean you can start one to post information you know people are interested in.

In this case, the information was posted by visitors, not the staff or volunteers, so everything was basically hearsay. Apart from Queen Sindel confirming he wasn't there. When I see that the mods normally follow every thread, and respond to questions or try to get official responses from the organizers, when I see nothing like that happening for days, it does make me go hmm... Something true to the rumors maybe or some other reason to not mention anything?