Feedback Take Two

I went into the already placed Feedback topic to give my opinion, however it had become a very repetitive, and not particularly fun, conversation about the door queues, so thought I would start a new one. Hope this is ok.

Although having attended EMS last year (though didn't actually get anything due to Aidan Turner's cancellation :no: ) this was my first major signing event, and I was not disappointed!!

We only went on Saturday and as people have mentioned it was extremely busy (and like a sauna!) however this did not dampen our day.

The guests that we went to were phenomenal! Every single one was welcoming and appeared to be enjoying themselves,

• Jason Momoa - what an absolute gem! Ridiculously beautiful with a smile for everyone (even though he was really suffering with the heat during the photoshoot)
  • Joe Dempsie - As he had been so amazing for everyone of his fans and spent so much time with everyone he met we were turned away from his queue 4 times! By the time we managed to get to him he was unable to continue with personalisations and photos, however he still managed to make time to personalise mine as he noticed others had done so. Sign of a genuinely awesome person!
  • Lena Headey - So much fun, particuarly during the photoshoot, and really lovely
  • Sarah Wayne-Callies - Went to herto get an auto as a birthday gift for a friend and she did not disappoint! Again, so so lovely and wrote a birthday message for him
  • Peter Dinklage - standing in line for his photo was entertainment in its self!! Individual poses for everyone that went through (and there were a lot of us!), and again, he was unable to personalise due to time restraints, but having seen Jason do so, he took the time personalise, and ask me the correct spelling to ensure that he got it right. Brilliant guest
  • Norman Reedus - ........I don't even know where to start......paid so much attention to every person he saw, making the time for hand shakes and hugs. Stood up for the whole time he did autos, skipping his lunch to ensure everyone was seen (felt sorry for the crew but they dealt with it very well). He made eye contact with everyone, giving you the whole of his attention, and didn't rush anyone on......and to put it quite mildly, he's one of the sexiest men I have ever seen! It's a good job he was wearing those glasses otherwise I would have had to have been pulled off the floor.... :wub2:

Ahem....moving swiftly on.....

Every crew member we came across was great, giving as much assistance as possible when necessary. Kudos to all of you.

Downside.....as someone else has mentioned.....chairs.....I completely understand that there is limited space but could have really done with somewhere to rest our weary legs and sore backs. However, this is a minor concern and certainly didn't deter us!

For someone who really hates crowds and hot spaces, the fact that this didn't ruin my day shows how outstanding it was. Thank you so so much for providing one of the best days I have ever had. Will definitely attend another signing event!

THANK YOU SHOWMASTERS!! Much love :YAHOO:

• Like 3

I went into the already placed Feedback topic to give my opinion, however it had become a very repetitive, and not particularly fun, conversation about the door queues, so thought I would start a new one. Hope this is ok.

Although having attended EMS last year (though didn't actually get anything due to Aidan Turner's cancellation :no: ) this was my first major signing event, and I was not disappointed!!

We only went on Saturday and as people have mentioned it was extremely busy (and like a sauna!) however this did not dampen our day.

The guests that we went to were phenomenal! Every single one was welcoming and appeared to be enjoying themselves,

• Jason Momoa - what an absolute gem! Ridiculously beautiful with a smile for everyone (even though he was really suffering with the heat during the photoshoot)
  • Joe Dempsie - As he had been so amazing for everyone of his fans and spent so much time with everyone he met we were turned away from his queue 4 times! By the time we managed to get to him he was unable to continue with personalisations and photos, however he still managed to make time to personalise mine as he noticed others had done so. Sign of a genuinely awesome person!
  • Lena Headey - So much fun, particuarly during the photoshoot, and really lovely
  • Sarah Wayne-Callies - Went to herto get an auto as a birthday gift for a friend and she did not disappoint! Again, so so lovely and wrote a birthday message for him
  • Peter Dinklage - standing in line for his photo was entertainment in its self!! Individual poses for everyone that went through (and there were a lot of us!), and again, he was unable to personalise due to time restraints, but having seen Jason do so, he took the time personalise, and ask me the correct spelling to ensure that he got it right. Brilliant guest
  • Norman Reedus - ........I don't even know where to start......paid so much attention to every person he saw, making the time for hand shakes and hugs. Stood up for the whole time he did autos, skipping his lunch to ensure everyone was seen (felt sorry for the crew but they dealt with it very well). He made eye contact with everyone, giving you the whole of his attention, and didn't rush anyone on......and to put it quite mildly, he's one of the sexiest men I have ever seen! It's a good job he was wearing those glasses otherwise I would have had to have been pulled off the floor.... :wub2:

Every crew member we came across was great, giving as much assistance as possible when necessary. Kudos to all of you.

Downside.....as someone else has mentioned.....chairs.....I completely understand that there is limited space but could have really done with somewhere to rest our weary legs and sore backs. However, this is a minor concern and certainly didn't deter us!

For someone who really hates crowds and hot spaces, the fact that this didn't ruin my day shows how outstanding it was. Thank you so so much for providing one of the best days I have ever had. Will definitely attend another signing event!

HAHA! i love your post! Norman Reedus was just perfect! I loved how he really seemed interested and took time with each person. I didnt know he skipped lunch, he's amazing! The coolest and hottest bloke ever! :wub: *sigh*

• Like 3

I can not agree with the above comments more!! This was my First LFCC, I've done a couple of the Milton Keynes collectormanias but this was just out of this world AWESOME!! The guests were so great with everyone and the crew were amazing too!

Thank you Showmasters for the amazing line up and the brilliant organisation even though I know Saturday was a hectic one for you guys you did good!!

and as above... NORMAN F-ING REEDUS IS THE MAN!!! Totally in love with him ( and Pater and Jason) all amazing! :wub:

• Like 3

I liked having photos on the Friday. It really took the pressure off for the rest of the weekend as I could get more done on Friday when it was quieter and then had more time for the talks over the rest if the weekend.

It was a great guest line up.

I just wish I'd had more money so I could have got autographs as well as photos with a few of the guests!

• Like 1

Agree with your posts

I went for Merlin guests mainly and it was all awesome overall

Tom Hopper: Really lovely and very chatty to everyone you could tell he was having fun and the friendship with him an Mackenreally showed it was just amazing

Eoin Macken: Really Awsome was funny as chatty and very jokey about it he was just fantastic

Merlin Talk: all I can say I WOW

Honky: my Bro loved him :P

Only suggestion which isn't showmasters fault is get more men in the Merlin talk I felt like one of the only bros there xD

• Like 1

First I wanted to thank all the crew who helped us through the weekend always with a smile, it was my first showmaster con and everything went great. I only have one thing I would suggest to change: the way questions at panels where dealt with: I wanted to ask a question to Jason Momoa and in neither panels I didn't get to do it. Wouldn't it be easier to put a microphone on the side of the room and have people who want to ask a question que there? I've been to cons that do it like this and it works really well.

On the plus side the guests where great! I especially loved Jason Momoa but my discovery was Norman Reedus. He's so incredibly sweet! He gave everyone his attention at autographs and didn't rush you at all! (I manage to get a bit tangle up with my english so believe me, I know :-) ) At the photographs I asked for a hugh and my pic came out great. I liked him before but now I like him that much more|

I already made a list of guests I enjoyed (all of them really), but was so happy to meet Norman Reedus as my first ever guest at my first convention. I got him to sign something Sat and then had a photo op Sun with him, so was great to meet him twice and then the talk.

lol yea norman reedus is the coolest dude!! my daughter was shaking like a leaf when she met him!!!!! was so funny watching her meet him!

Wow what am awesome weekend! This was my third Showmasters event and they really do keep getting bigger and better. I brought two newbies with me who are now totally hooked and will be back next year. As usual the crew were all extremely helpful and friendly, everyone always knows exactly what is going on, where and when. I never had an issue or a question that someone couldn't help with and it's nice to have a chat while you're waiting to go for a photo or autograph. All the queues were well managed, there was no panic over missing your turn and the fact that you get your photos straight away is really great. Reassuring to know that you can just straight back in for a re shoot if needed. I could go on and on forever mentioning all the things that were done well and done right. There were only a few negative points that I can think of. More rest areas would have been useful as I spent a lot of the down time sitting on the floor, resulting in a dirty bum for most of the weekend. Individually numbered chairs at the stage talks would also bee a good way to organise getting people in. I was number 77 for the Walking Dead talk and I noticed people with way higher numbers sneaking forward, grrrr! I also think that if numbered tickets are going to be issued for photo shoots then they should be used all the time or not at all. I always try to buy my photo shoot tickets nice and early so I get a low number and don't have to queue for so long and it's a bit annoying when you go over to the area and find you are at the back of the queue as tickets aren't being called in order. All in all I really have no complaints I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the crew, we really appreciate all your hard work. The highlight was definitely meeting Norman Reedus, Showmasters you are making my dreams come true!!

Edited by Julie_443

Two thumbs up for your new way of handling giving out photos after a photo shoot. Brilliant and time saving to have the photos printed immediately and handed to you

Edited by rogerxy
  • Like 1

Two thumbs up for your new way of handling giving out photos after a photo shoot. Brilliant and time saving to have the photos printed immediately and handed to you

Believe me, those of us crewing appreciate the printers just as much as you do :P

• Like 2

Yes some seated rest areas would have been ideal, i'm sure i saw a place with like a rug on the floor where people were sitting too, and there was certainly space for such areas. I was dog-tired after a busy week that I had to rest somewhere and couldn't sit on the floor as i wore light-coloured trousers so i had to find a seat and i ended-up sitting in on Charles Martinet's talk which was actually a good move as he did a good talk and it's alwasy good to see & hear someone with such enthusiasum & energy.

Really I have no real complaints, i was well-done overall so thanks to the organizers and crew! :thumbup:

My only major complaint is that i don't earn enough money!!!! :angry2:

I first went to one of these events maybe 5 or 6 years ago in Wembley to see the Red Dwarf actors and was surprised how musch it cost for autos. etc. So it kind of put me off. But after DSTL last year and this summer LFCC i think i might be hooked! :eek:

Had a great day on the Sunday, althought the early bird queue seemed really long once the doors opened it moved as quick as you could walk. I met Adrienne Barbeau, Peter Kent, Danny Glover and William B Davis, I had a photo shoot with William B Davis and enjoyed the Peter Kent and Danny Glover talks.

The weekend was a blast, my only complaint, that I DID take up with one of the red shirts, was about Jason and Amandas manager. That /woman/ is an absolute rude individual, who I hope to never meet again.

At Chevron 7.9 she was snappy, and this year she was clicking fingers like the paying customers were dogs, rushing lines and snatching things to thrust to actors.

I understand 100% that the guests had to get through a lot of people, but as there was a reason I was going to both actors I wouldn't have paid for their autograph from Showmaters if I knew what would have happened- I would have went with another company xx