So, who were your favourite guests?

Aron Eisenberg was one of the highlights for me. He called me over to his autograph table, wanting to know about my camera lens. Such a nice guy!

And Amanda Tapping of course!

I thought everyone I met was great.

My two big draws were David Warner and Sarah Wayne Callies and both proved to be fantastic guests. Despite not been able to hear very well David Warner actually engaged me in conversation :smile:

I loved Jason Momoa. He was hilarious generally, and I was impressed with how he dealt with the ridiculous image question of "Will you grow your hair again?" being asked during the Tapping Momoa panel (answering it reasonably but then giving it the finish it deserved, with "Yes, surprisingly, hair does usually grow back!"). He gave great insight into behind the scenes at the GOT screening and commentary and just generally went around being awesome. It was excellent to see him so friendly and attentive to every fan in the signings and photos, making everyone feel special. My friend asked Jason to look her in the eyes for the photo and he joked and said "Look *you* in the eyes? Of course I will!" and winked, and then when there was a 10 second pause while the photographer sorted out the camera focus, Jason did a fake growl air-bite thing at my friend to make her laugh, and the photographer has captured the BEST photo - right after that, both of them smiling at each other! Such a thoughtful thing to do when she was getting a bit "fake-smile" posed. :D BIG HIT.

Colin Baker I've seen before and he was again excellent. The banter between the Doctors was priceless. Peter Dinklage was wonderful, too.

• Like 3

Alexander Siddig was my favourite, he was extremely friendly and commented on how my name was actually one of his many names, tried to guess where my accent was from. Happily let me take a photo after signing an autograph and remembered me again the next day at the photo shoot.

Salome Jens was a lovely lady and the last I met over the weekend and yet she chatted away as I rambled on slightly. Lena Headey was a lot of fun. Amanda Tapping was incredibly genuine and warm. David Warner was also fab and made really friendly chat. Avery Brooks was great with me and my partner and we had a laugh and he commented everytime he saw us after. Armin Shimerman was also fantastic and we discussed his experiences of Scotland.

The guests really made this event very special, enjoying reading everyones experiences.

Obviously Norman Reedus! Very down to earth and really showed how much love he has for his fans. Enjoyed meeting every guest, notably Sarah Wayne Callies, Ray Park, Richard Dormer, Clive Russell, Kristian Nairn, Finn Jones, Joe Dempsie, William B Davis, Charles Martinet, Peter Mayhew (although I'm sure he was tallying up how much he had made, great to meet him regardless), Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Al Matthews, Danny Glover!, Jason Momoa, Will Yun Lee, basically everyone was awesome for there own reason :dance:

I have only one regret and that wasn't meeting Kenny Baker, I saw him but already had his autograph via mail, stupidly I didn't go and meet him though, I think seeing him and Peter both in wheelchairs upset me inside a bit as well (they're childhood heroes to me). He will be my first guest to meet if I have the chance again!

Some great meets, but those that stood out:

Charles Martinet - what an absolutely fantastic guy, probably one of the best guests I have ever met in the many years I have been coming to events.

Jeremy Bulloch - standing fan side of the table, welcoming and greeting everyone that came to see him, very warm and genuine

Adrienne Barbeau - An absolutely lovely lady, chatted away and then walked all the way round to my side of the table to have her photo with me

Ray Park - showing his Darth Maul lightsaber moves to my son in the photoshoot, really made his day

Overall, very good though, most guests were fantastic and the only query I really had was why Peter Mayhew wasn't personalising autographs, he's the first Star Wars guest my son has met and hasn't personalised the auto, nor could you take a photo at the signing table with him either. He's the first guest in three years since my older son has been coming to events that we have not been able to do this, having had great meets with other Star Wars attendees like Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch and Ray Park , just seemed a bit strange and out of kilter with the others.

for me personaly there is only one-he made my weekend!

PETER KENT

long story short-on friday i bought some beers in for him

and then all weekend everytime he saw me he hugged me and we had a fist bump. he even jumped into the middle of a long photo shoot line i was in for Lena to give me a fist bump.

on sunday during his photo shoot(after the DS9 group shoot) - after he had finished he then stayed behind chatted & looked at every one's photo and joked with us all (about 10 of us) for well over 5 mins

ps ran into Ray Parks at a pub on saturday-cool guy!

• Like 2

Danny Glover - I asked him for a quote on my Lethal Weapon poster, and he gave me that knowing look and said he knew which quote I wanted. he wrote "Getting too old for this s***" in good spirits. We shook hands and I will be telling all my friends what an awesome guy Danny Glover is (as if I ever doubted it). Best guest for me, purely because I've grown up watching his movies over and over and meeting him was not a disappointment in the slightest.

Norman Reedus came close 2nd for me - When we first arrived at 9am he was just walking past us and waved. We were like...it's Norman Reedus. Later on my friend said hi to him while he was walking about the guest area - he genuinely seem very open and friendly with everyone. I again didn't go for a signing personalisation. I much prefer it if the guest writes whatever the hell they want, so I told him to go for it. He signed and wrote underneath "Daryl F***ing Dixon" which was all kinds of hilarious. Such a cool guy.

Edited by crazydan182

Top 5 for me:

Amanda Tapping - Was so genuinely happy to be there I felt. Remembered so many of the people in here photoshoot queue it was amazing, Got a great personilised photo and little chat - left her auto queue feeling so up beat that lasted the entire evening. I was worried about meeting her as I've been a huge SG1 fan for ages so was worried it would be one of those times where you've put someone on a pedestal and it all comes crashing down... Not a chance - such a lovely warm woman as you'ld ever wish to meet.

Rene Auberjonois - Missed getting my DSTL photo signed so went to him Friday evening to get that done and before I'd even said a word he recognised me... (internal squeeeeee :dance:) I'll be feeding off of that memory for ages yet...

Max Grodenchik - Such a friendly guy - Had to get my photo redone as I blinked and we had a joke about it at the time. Went to get it signed and chatted about it and got one of the best sersonilisations ever. A truly great and friendly man. He seemed to take time with all his autos chatting about family and what not...

Peter Dinklage - I'm not a GOT fan... well i don't know if I am one yet as the Saturday night screening was my first episode but he seemed like such a cool dude that night and after what people I had talked to were saying about him I decided to pop for a photo and auto on the Sunday. I spoke to the crew whilst waiting and they said that he had signed above and beyond all their expectations on the Saturday dispite getting cramp... When he turned up on the Sunday he was in great spirits joking with everyone and when I met him again for the signing he was back to personalising dispite the cramp. Seemed like he really wanted to give the fans an experience.

Charles Martinet - Met him on the Friday night and he took his time signing his print and putting the sayings of his characters on it too. Such a geniunely nice and friendly man - whenever I was walking past his desk he was always chatting or posing for a photo. When I was there on Sunday morning to get another auto with another guest a cool magician dude gave him a squeek toy which seemd to make his day, I really didn't have any preconceptions about him but he was one of the friendlist dudes I've ever met.

But to be honest everyone I meet be they guests, crew or fans were great - really a fantastic weekend...

I loved seeing Jason Momoa but, as I said in other post, Norman is surely in the first place! Apart beeing really really hot he was sweet with everybody, gave you his attention at autograph and managed to pretend he didn't notice me getting tangle with my English... loved him!!!!!

Amanda Tapping for me, been wanting to meet her for years and now that I finally got the chance she just blew me away with how genuinely sweet she is.

The same for me.

I was very surprised by how really sweet she is.

If you get her back, i'll find more stuff for her to sign.

Least Fav

Norman Reedus

Too busy hugging women.

I wanted him to sign a pic for my step daughter, he was off hugging the next women. I was less than impressed!

So cool that we all had a lovely time. I keep thinking each con has reached the height of greatness for conventions but then I attend the next and have an amazing time.

This one though will take some serious beating. I think you would struggle to ever find a collection of more fan friendly orientated guests than the ones that attended last weekend. A superb line up on paper and an out of this world fan experience in reality.

All of the guests that i personally met this year were amazing, that said thee were a couple of stand out moments:

Aron Eisenberg coming round the table and getting a picture of me as Captain Chaos, he thaought i look really cool:)

Amanda Tapping writing "Lots of Love" and looking like she meant it lol

Al Mathews was brilliant and telling me about his work on a Burt Reynolds movie.

Katy Mannig -SHE KISSED ME!!!!!! Highlight of my life:)

for me personaly there is only one-he made my weekend!

PETER KENT

long story short-on friday i bought some beers in for him

and then all weekend everytime he saw me he hugged me and we had a fist bump. he even jumped into the middle of a long photo shoot line i was in for Lena to give me a fist bump.

on sunday during his photo shoot(after the DS9 group shoot) - after he had finished he then stayed behind chatted & looked at every one's photo and joked with us all (about 10 of us) for well over 5 mins

ps ran into Ray Parks at a pub on saturday-cool guy!

Ah cool. I think i left the area as i had thunderbirds photoshoot straight after. He has to be on my list for one of my favorite guests although for some reason i was a little nervous on sunday and i only asked one question .

Hmm its hard to choose really but i would have to say peter dinklage and amanda tapping for now. But pretty much most of the guests i have enjoyed meeting and talking to :)

• Like 1

Out of the people i met i'm tied between two.

Diamond Dallas Page - I've been a big fan of his for years now so to finally meet him and to have him be so chatty, genuine and friendly was awesome.

Amanda Tapping - One of the sweetest guests i've EVER met at a convention.

Diamond Dallas Page, Charles Martinet, Meg Foster & David Hasselhoff for me.

All 4 were super approachable and made every experience a personal one. DDP, Charles & Meg were happy to chat for ages and all were engaging, Time was a bit more restrictive with David but we still managed to have a quick chat about when he hosted WWE RAW. These 4 MADE the day for me.

My fav guests from the sunday were (I would happily meet all of them again)

Eoin Macken - so lovely, and a true gent! chatted for ages and he remembered me when getting my photo done

Dan Yeager - really nice, talked about Texas chainsaw old and new and was more than happy to pose for pic

Norman Reedus - for being a headline guest I was really surprized about how laid back and personal both the photos & auto felt, a super friendly guy

Edited by killerinc
  • Like 1

My fav guests from the sunday were (I would happily meet all of them again)

Eoin Macken - so lovely, and a true gent! chatted for ages and he remembered me when getting my photo done

Dan Yeager - really nice, talked about Texas chainsaw old and new and was more than happy to pose for pic

Norman Reedus - for being a headline guest I was really surprized about how laid back and personal both the photos & auto felt, a super friendly guy

All 3 you mentioned we're true gents. Dan Yeager was great, he got so excited talking about the movie and was a real gentleman.