So, who were your favourite guests?

Only met Norman Reedus but he was so nice... wish i had more money so i could've gotten a photo with him ;_;

I was in a fursuit AND dressed as Daryl Dixon so him and his manager person (i'm assuming? idk xD) took pictures of me ;3; When i properly met him he gave me such a huge hug and it was amazing... He said me and my name was pretty too cx

He was so nice, really wish i could've met him again and again... D: PLEASE get him back showmasters!<3

• Like 2

All the guests I met were extra lovely so big thumbs up to Amanda Tapping, David Hasselhoff, Eoin Macken, Tom Hopper, Lena Headey, Joe Dempsie and Danny Glover. I also met Peter Dinklage, but he didn't seem *quite* so friendly

The comic artists were also great - friendly, chatty and I got some great sketches. Special mentions to Neal Adams, Kev Hopgood, Roger Langridge and Adi Granov.

Finn gave me a piece of his chocolate since I was next in line after he opened it! Lovely guest, very friendly indeed and a a lot of fun.

Oh, bless him. He seems like such a lovely, genuine guy. Was a lot of fun in the photoshoot as well, pulling faces and poses and stuff.

All the guests I met were extra lovely so big thumbs up to Amanda Tapping, David Hasselhoff, Eoin Macken, Tom Hopper, Lena Headey, Joe Dempsie and Danny Glover. I also met Peter Dinklage, but he didn't seem *quite* so friendly

The comic artists were also great - friendly, chatty and I got some great sketches. Special mentions to Neal Adams, Kev Hopgood, Roger Langridge and Adi Granov.

Re: Dinklage, I agree, but when I met him he seemed pretty tired and his hand had actually started cramping due to him signing so many autographs. I think that's maybe the problem for the more popular guests - it must be difficult to be consistently friendly.

Probably the most fan friendly guests I have known at a convention. My three stand outs were the horror legends, Meg, Dee and Adrienne.

My overall highlight was Meg Foster, met her 3 days running and loved each story she told. Wrote me a lovely message on the Sunday as well.

Dee Wallace was amazing. Loved talking about Exit Humanity with her and working with Rob Zombie in Lords of Salem.

Adrienne was wonderful. So happy and chatty and making jokes.

Also special mentions to children of the corn guests, David Warner, Eoin, Norman, SWC, Jen Calvert, DDP,Max Grodenchik (talked for ages about Rumpelstiltskin) and Armin.

I met loads more as well but didn't have bad experience with any!

A huge highlight for me though was getting to meet one my favourite authors James Brogden, he was so genuine and great. If you love your fiction I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Danny Glover. So genuine and friendly. A true star and remembered me at my photo. Made my day.

Sylvester McCoy. Lovely man and my favourite doctor. Such a genuine person and to come with a leg in cast. Amazing.

Katy manning. So personable and gave everyone a peck on the cheek when they finished.

Finally Alex siddig. So warm and friendly and had a permanent smile.

Everyone I met was amazing but my absolute favourite was Joe Dempsie. He was very welcoming and told me a story from shooting his character's death scene on Skins! More than I could have asked for! I also loved the autograph he gave me!

• Like 1

Most, if not all guests I met were all lovely and nice. But here are some favourites:

Lena Headey was absolutely wonderful on Saturday morning. She was so excited, happy and even spontaneously leaned over the table to give me a hug. I guess she really seemed to like me! :thumbup:

Charles Martinet was a class act, always willing to listen and to talk. What a nice, caring man with such genuine love for his fans and what he does. I hope SM brings him back some day.

David Hasselhoff is truly a man who couldn't stop talking. He'd go on and on, and seemed to be willing to speak with everyone about anything. No short conversations here! Had a lovely conversation about his music's impact on Swedish popular culture and later on, during his talk, I managed to get him to recreate the famous picture of him and Gary Coleman with me. (Of course, the talk host wasn't too happy about it..)

Peter Dinklage was very kind and humble when I met him, and seemed very interesting in at least exchanging a few words (despite the no personalisation rule for Saturday and Sunday).

Same thing applies with Norman Reedus who was all too happy about talking and shaking my hand, even getting a posed photograph at the table!

Finally, David Gyasi was the nicest, most kindest man I met of all the guests and truly made the con for me. He really took his time to talk and interact, and seemed so happy to meet everyone. There's a bright future for this man in Hollywood and he definitely deserves it.

Otherwise, I was met by great smiles, kind words and handshakes from Sarah Wayne Callies, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, Gary Kurtz, Joe Dempsie, Clive Russel, Richard Dormer, Kristian Nair, Jason Mamoa and Finn Jones - all were class acts and I am glad to have met them all.

All the guests I met were very nice and I was glad to have had the opportunity to meet them.

But Alexander Siddig was my top guest.

He was so friendly and sweet both in the photoshoot on Saturday and when I got his autograph the next day.

On Sunday he remembered that he'd met me the day before, which is always nice

I got a photo over the table with him and when it didn't turn out properly he happily posed for another. Normally I wouldn't have asked for a second attempt but he had been so approachable I felt comfortable asking him and he gave me a big squeezing hug the second time, which was an extra bonus!

So lovely.

Every guest I met was great and all very friendly. Peter Dinklage was so great at the Saturday morning shoot, so funny. Danny Glover was just effortlessly cool. Waris Hussein was really polite, absolute gent. Jeremy Bulloch was brilliant as always, Frazer Hines was great, such a funny chap. Ray Park was really friendly and wrote loads on the photo I got signed. Thanks to comic artist Lew Stringer for my sketch. On Sunday I met Sylvester McCoy (what a trooper signing with his leg in plaster), Colin Baker who is always great. Lalla Ward who was lovely and the stunning Catrin Stewart (who I tried not to swoon in front of). Special mention to Charles Martinet who spontaneously let rip with a bunch of Nintendo character voices while signing my Mario games. What a great guest, hope to see him back again soon.

Meg Foster is without doubt the nicest and most friendliest people i've met....celeb or not. A joy to talk to and be with. When i plucked up the courage to admit having a crush on her in my teens, she said thank you and that she was very flattered. Then she rested her head on my chest for a posed picture. I was on cloud nine for ages.

I enjoyed meeting all of my celebs to be fair, but special mention must go to DDP and Alexander Sidig who were very nice, down to earth and chatty. They both also happily posed for pics for me.

Edited by andrewrolar
  • Like 2

For me, Alexander Siddig was my favourite guest of the weekend. He was really friendly and I had a good chat with him about my cosplay! And he was kind enough to pose for a picture with my sister and I afterwards. :D

In fact, just about all of the guests we met over the weekend were lovely!

All guests were sweet, but I loved Sarah Callies and Norman Reedus. Sarah was really happy people were saying such nice things about her on social media. The latter is very very very huggy and will talk for ages. He seemed so interested in you and introduced himself to everyone. And Peter Dinklage was very polite and really friendly.

• Like 2

I don't post often but have to say that Dan Yeager was an absolute Gentleman! Really friendly, told me about the new Texas Chainsaw sequel on the way an even walked around to the front of of the table to have a photo with me!

• Like 2

I met a lot of people this weekend and with one minor exception (not one of the people in my photoshoots, I hasten to add!), they were all delightful. (I wish I could list them all here and what I liked about them, but this is going to be long enough as it is.) I'm also very sad I didn't get to see many talks this year because I had so many photoshoots coinciding with the ones I wanted to attend, so can't comment on many of those. Anyway, special mentions go to:

Nana Visitor: so, so nice. Lovely to chat to her, and she held me really close in the photoshoot - adorable.

Salome Jens: she asked about my Metallica T-shirt on Saturday and I ended up giving her a rather rambly explanation of my T-shirt choices for signing events - I'm sure she was wondering what she'd got herself into at one point, but was never less than sweet. Plus, she remembered me when I turned up at her photoshoot the next day. Given that I can barely remember what I've had for breakfast sometimes, let alone the face of someone to whom I've spoken for mere minutes, I was most impressed!

Aron Eisenberg also talked with me about Metallica, thanks to my T-shirt. My friend spotted his own-work photographs (they were lying on the desk next to his Nog photos on the Saturday, but there were some in nice big frames on the Sunday, I noticed) and he signed a couple for us. They were very good (he has a book out, if you're interested).

I got a photoshoot with Armin Shimerman at EMS in 2011, but wasn't able to stay long enough to get his auto, so rectified that here and he was also very friendly (we were talking about the various pronunciations of "Quark" on the show, of all things). I also liked his responses to various questions during the part of the DS9 talk I was able to attend - very insightful.

Rene Auberjonois: He was actually interested enough to translate the Liebe ist für alle da on my Rammstein T-shirt into English on Sunday and then asked (in German) whether I spoke said language. He correctly translated my response as, "I haven't practised for a long time." (Hee). Also, when I had to go round again for a reshoot because I had blinked in the first one, he said, "She's back!" and put his arms around me for the second shot, which was an unexpected but very nice surprise!

Massive props to Sylvester McCoy for turning up with his leg in a cast (as part of corrective surgery). Most impressed with his professionalism and fortitude getting through photoshoots (which required some tricky transferring from a wheelchair to a more standard chair). I hope the surgery proves to be successful and that he doesn't overdo it; he's taking a break this week, but is then going on The Big Finish, I think he said - what a trooper!

Also surprised (in a good way) by The Hoff. I was expecting him to be doing autos at the rate of knots, but he was happy to chat away to other people for ages. I dried when I got to him, natch, but enjoyed listening to him talking to the people before me! I'm guessing that's why his photoshoots were somewhat delayed, but he was very welcoming and friendly, putting people at ease.

But Peter Dinklage was the "big star" for me this year, and he didn't disappoint. I enjoyed his talk very much (at least until I had to slip off for yet another photoshoot). Some of the expressions and poses he did in the photoshoots were utterly priceless (one involving a certain crew member had me in stitches) and while I did go for one vanilla shot with him, I'm so glad he was happy to do quirky stuff as I'm dreadful at asking for that kind of thing (my Saturday shot and the double with Lena are two of my favourites of the weekend as he was pulling faces in both of them). He was also personalizing when I went in on Sunday (score!) and smiled and thanked me after I commented on how much I loved his scene-stealing (which he basically does in everything in which I've seen him). Really happy I got to meet him.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

Mine have to be Norman and Sarah :clap::smile: :smile: :dance: My husband got a good shot of me before I went into the booth to have my photo done with Norman and I have a big smile on my face :smile: . He was sooooooo coooolllll, very laid back and had no problem doing the posed photo's. I still can't believe I got to hug him :smile: :smile: . Sarah was just soooooo lovely and she is so pretty :smile:. Had a nice conversation with her when I got my autograph :smile: and I told both her and Norman it was a pleasure to meet them. Just before I left the photo shoot with Sarah, I thanked her for doing the Talk and said how much I enjoyed it and she really appreciated it and said thank you to me for asking a question .

Danny Glover was also pleasant. Not very chatty I found, but still a nice guy :smile:.

My three favourites were probably Norman Reedus, Finn Jones and Peter Kent. As I've already said on another thread, Reedus has to be the nicest and most laid back guy on the planet, giving everybody hugs and generally being very friendly. Finn Jones said he'd eaten too much chocolate at lunch and was hyperactive as a result, so he was a lot of fun to talk to, having photos taken with people if they wanted to and just generally being very pleasant. Peter Kent I never actually got to meet as I ran out of money but he was brilliant in the Terminator talk. Loved hearing his stories.

I agree Norman was lovely and really put you at ease, i think he might be like the coolest most chilled out guy ever. And maybe the hottest too ;-)

• Like 2

Mine have to be Norman and Sarah :clap::smile: :smile: :dance: My husband got a good shot of me before I went into the booth to have my photo done with Norman and I have a big smile on my face :smile: . He was sooooooo coooolllll, very laid back and had no problem doing the posed photo's. I still can't believe I got to hug him :smile: :smile: . Sarah was just soooooo lovely and she is so pretty :smile:. Had a nice conversation with her when I got my autograph :smile: and I told both her and Norman it was a pleasure to meet them. Just before I left the photo shoot with Sarah, I thanked her for doing the Talk and said how much I enjoyed it and she really appreciated it and said thank you to me for asking a question .

Danny Glover was also pleasant. Not very chatty I found, but still a nice guy :smile:.

I totally agree with what you say, Norman was super cool and Sarah was lovely.

• Like 1

Norman Reedus was definitely my favourite guest, however the others we met were not far behind him! Not one complaint about any of them, they were all wonderful. Norman's hug and hand hold, along with Jason Momoa's smile will stay with me forever! :YAHOO:

I'm unfortunately always a bit starstruck (I guess, for lack of a better term) and hardly chat with any of the guests. I quickly turn to an automatically thank you for being here and such. So when a guest tries to put in a bit of effort to make me talk, I'm always grateful.

To me, I'd say John Franklin was the nicest guest I met on sunday. Very nice, chatty, waving when he saw me pass by. Had a nice chat with Armin Shimerman about Buffy and his voice work as well. Dee Wallace is absolutely amazing. But honestly I have no complaints about anyone, none of the guests were impolite.

I should try to chat more! :o