So, who were your favourite guests?

I know some people have already posted against individual guest threads, but I've always enjoyed it when someone's posted a general thread on the topic as they tend not to disappear too quickly and you can catch up on everyone's encounters, so thought I'd kick one off here. Tell us about your experiences! Enquiring minds want to know.

(I will add mine a bit later, I promise ;) )

• Like 1

Meg Foster tops my list. She is so warmly inviting and really makes an effort to get to know you. From what I saw whilst in the queue, she did this with everyone giving hugs and kisses.

She held my hand for a while and really made the experience special and willing to chat for a good length of time.

Also, when my sister mentioned there wasn't a photo print of her in 'Carny', she took her address and said she'll send her a signed photo when she gets back to L.A.

Thank you for bringing her to LFCC! :smile:

• Like 2

Dan Yeager! He wasn't on my list of folks to see before my money ran out, so I was just standing back and taking photos of him at his table. He saw me (there was nobody waiting to be seen), got up and came out to me where we chatted for a while and I explained my convention-induced penury. He then took me over to his signing spot, introduced me to his LOVELY wife, and got her to take a photo of the two of us. He was also superb when he was inadvertently called into the Dr. Who talk on Saturday. I loved how he handled it and he made it a brilliant, if surreal, memory for the weekend.

• Like 1

Louise Jameson,I've been wanting to have the honour of meeting her for ages,she's every bit as lovely & sweet as she is on the Doctor Who DVD commentaries & interviews & really made me feel less nervous & more welcome,she really cares about her fans,such a kind lady,bless her,I love my signed photo so much I've made it my avatar :smile:

• Like 1

My three favourites were probably Norman Reedus, Finn Jones and Peter Kent. As I've already said on another thread, Reedus has to be the nicest and most laid back guy on the planet, giving everybody hugs and generally being very friendly. Finn Jones said he'd eaten too much chocolate at lunch and was hyperactive as a result, so he was a lot of fun to talk to, having photos taken with people if they wanted to and just generally being very pleasant. Peter Kent I never actually got to meet as I ran out of money but he was brilliant in the Terminator talk. Loved hearing his stories.

• Like 2

My three favourites were probably Norman Reedus, Finn Jones and Peter Kent. As I've already said on another thread, Reedus has to be the nicest and most laid back guy on the planet, giving everybody hugs and generally being very friendly. Finn Jones said he'd eaten too much chocolate at lunch and was hyperactive as a result, so he was a lot of fun to talk to, having photos taken with people if they wanted to and just generally being very pleasant. Peter Kent I never actually got to meet as I ran out of money but he was brilliant in the Terminator talk. Loved hearing his stories.

Finn gave me a piece of his chocolate since I was next in line after he opened it! Lovely guest, very friendly indeed and a a lot of fun.

I just loved the fact I managed to meet the guests I wanted to see after traveling so much that day, feeling so hot and tired it was just good to meet them

They where all nice and friendly especially Norman Reedus and Charles Martinet

I think I have mentioned in other threads but I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't afford photo shoots but I did manage to get a photo with Charles just had to miss out on the other two that I met

Mustering confidence in myself (having a social disability) and the fact that I managed to hug and get a hand shake from Norman (my main reason for going) and it all went well just summed the day up for me really lol

• Like 2

for me meeting al matthews from my fav film aliens was amazing, great guy. william b davis was also great, signing my daughters poster and chatting with her!! the game of thrones guest were all great fun!! norman reedus is the man!! so cool!! and danny glover what a legend!! had a fantastic day walking around. thank you LFFC and showmasters!!

god i met 15 guests over the weekend here are my favorites lena headey (lovely) danny glover clive russell lalla ward shane rimmer and the other thunderbirds guesta (can't remember thier names lol) amanda tapping (lovely) but my most favorite are diamond dallas page katy manning (who thanked me for coming and gave me a hug and a kiss) and peter perves who i had a little chat with oh and how could i forget aaron eisenberg and max groidenck (nog and rom from star trek deep space 9) all of who i got photos with at thier desks (apart from danny glover) all these guests were great

an added note me and my brother had a great weekend

Edited by trekkerjonathan

for me meeting al matthews from my fav film aliens was amazing

Ha, this reminds me of the conversation I had with him which has me laughing every time I think back to it.

(he looks at my Alien Anthology boxset)

Al Matthews: What is this

Me: Its the Aliens blu-ray boxset

Al Matthews: blu-ray?! What is Blu-ray?

Me: It's like DVD but better. You see I also have Charles Dance's autograph on there too.

Al Matthews: He wasn't in Aliens

Me (& crew member): No, he was in Alien 3

Al Matthews: Nahh, that film was shiiiiiit

• Like 6

Eoin Macken and Tom Hopper both asked how I was, and both were also like 'I have seen you before haven't I.' they also asked about my costume and Eoin let me ask about his new film, and they let me do over the table photos :D They were also brilliant in the talk with their banter as they are good friends outside of filming.

Faves are

Jeremy Bulloch as he was so polite and talkative

Dave Prowse because he was a lovely man and was great fun to talk with

Kenny baker as he patiently waited while mum struggled with her camera that died so had to get out her phone.

Peter Mayhew was friendly and we made a couple of silly jokes and was kind enough to shake my hand before I left.

Overall it was a great first time experience for me !!

Norman Reedus, I wasn't going to get a photo with him at first (I was on a budget which quickly went out the window) but I'm really glad I did he was so friendly, and he called me sweetheart, I know he called loads of people that but I don't care it was still lovely lol :D

• Like 3

very hard choice for me I proberly would say Charles Martinet closely followed by Norman Reedus and Jennifer Calvert to be honest they where all great to meet Danny Glover was very enjoyable meeting Sarah Wayne Callies was very chatty really enjoyed meeting her and also Dan Starkey was very approachable two it was just an amazing day

Most of the guests that I met were nice.

But Sarah Wayne Callies, Charles Martinett and Will Yun Lee stood out for me.

Also Nana Visitor really liked the Dark Angel photo I brought with me to get signed and talked about the show despite it being so many years ago.

Norman was fully up for flipping the bird in the photoshoot, which was great fun.