Negative Feedback - Tapping Momoa talk - Sunday - Crew

I attended the Tapping Momoa talk on Sunday and was seated on the left hand side of the stage when facing the stage, in the first row just after the break between seats (seat 399 if I recall correctly?). I, and everyone around me, was really unimpressed with two of the crew members (and one girl who was not wearing a crew shirt but was standing with the crew with glasses and a pink shirt) who were standing in the gap on the side and talking very loudly throughout almost the entire talk. I asked them to be quiet a couple of times and they ignored me and kept talking and laughing. I asked one of the other crew members (who was taking photos for the talk) to ask them to be quiet and/or to ask whether the sound system could be turned up so we could hear the panel and she looked at me blankly and shrugged her shoulders and did nothing. People around me were also muttering and saying they couldn't hear.

Finally, about 10 minutes in, a blonde female crew member came walking up the side of the room past my chair (obviously rushing en route to get something) and saw me trying to get the talking crew's attention again to tell them to be quiet. She immediately asked me whether I needed help and when I pointed to the talking crew members, she heard how loud they were, looked really sorry, immediately went over to them and told them to be quiet and then returned to me and apologised to our section for the disruption. She then left on her way. For a couple of minutes, all was well, and then to my disgust the same crew members and girl in the glasses and pink shirt started up talking loudly again.

Not being able to hear what was being said by the guests purely because the crew were talking instead was appalling! This was unacceptable in any talk, but particularly for a £10 paid talk. I know it was noticed by a large section of the audience on that left hand side from about 399 and back several rows because I saw another person from several rows behind me walk up to the crew and the girl in the pink shirt after the talk and tell them that they were incredibly rude. Of course, not much can be done after the event.

I wanted to bring it to your attention because crew shouldn't be talking or disrupting the panels (of course), but also because other crew should be helping resolve problems instead of ignoring them. I also wanted to commend the crew member who took action so quickly when she realised the problem. It is a pity the other crew continued talking once she'd left.

I also want to say that this was an isolated incident. I went on Saturday and Sunday and every single other crew member was helpful, knowledgeable and incredibly friendly and polite.

Personally I enjoyed the talks I went to and it's a pity you had the experience you did. Definitely shouldn't be happening. My only issue was I saw someone not far from me in the DS9 talk looking as if they were filming it. Didn't seem to be anyone going around looking for that and couldn't see how to get anyone's attention without either leaving my seat or looking like I wanted to ask a question. Appreciate it's hard to tell with cameras and phones being able to record but it puts these things in jeopardy. I heard through someone else that if any recording of the GoT commentary session got on the Internet they'd never be allowed to do that kind if thing again. And it was fun.

Edited by Rockstar6662

That's a shame for you - one complaint against a crew member or members and it affects us all. If anything like this (or anything else you're not happy with) then as soon as possible contact one of the crew in the red t-shirts as they are "in charge" of that particular section. Also one of the reasons we all wear name badges is to make us accountable for these kind of things so try to have a look or even directly ask.

It is a real pity I didn't get the names! I intended to but my friend had a photo shoot with Jason Momoa that was scheduled for right after the talk and the MC said at the end that the line had already begun so we raced out as fast as possible and I didn't get a chance. (The line hadn't actually begun, so the racing was for nothing, too!)

Each crew member involved, including the girl who was really proactive and helpful, was wearing a blue shirt, except for the girl in casual clothes: the pink shirt with glasses. The one talking loudly to her was a young man, quite thin and not tall. The third crew member who was talking was a girl who came in and out a couple of times.

As I said above, however, everyone else I came across throughout the weekend was helpful and friendly.

That does sound irritating. :(

Luckily I only experienced one 'questionable' crew member, but didn't let it get to me as it was only in a queue. If it had been the middle of a talk I wouldn't have been happy!

Edited by katelannister
  • Like 1

I had a very rude crew member talk to me and Meg Foster and we both ignored him and he looked silly as we did.Sometimes a little power goes to some little peoples head.

I was just to post about in your topic there. I'm really sorry, probably still too tired - I didn't fully understand what this crew member has done. Did I understand correct, he interrupted your conversation telling you to move on?

Again please e-mail a summary of the incident along with the relevant details in and this will be looked at. If anything like this happens again please tell the Pit Boss of that area. The Pit Boss are the managers of the respective areas and will be happy to help you. They wear red shirts.

If you had got the names that would of course be ideal. But if you could copy and paste what you just wrote here along with the description of the two crew members I can assure you this will be looked at.

Thank you. What email address do I send the information to, please?

I had a very rude crew member talk to me and Meg Foster and we both ignored him and he looked silly as we did.Sometimes a little power goes to some little peoples head.

I had the same thing happen to me on Saturday morning. Meg had to stop in mid sentence and said sorry they want me to move on.

If you had got the names that would of course be ideal. But if you could copy and paste what you just wrote here along with the description of the two crew members I can assure you this will be looked at.

info@showmastersonline.com please. Or if you want me to pass it on the e-mail address is in my profile.

info@showmastersonline.com please. Or if you want me to pass it on the e-mail address is in my profile.

Email sent. Thanks. :D

I was just to post about in your topic there. I'm really sorry, probably still too tired - I didn't fully understand what this crew member has done. Did I understand correct, he interrupted your conversation telling you to move on?

Again please e-mail a summary of the incident along with the relevant details in and this will be looked at. If anything like this happens again please tell the Pit Boss of that area. The Pit Boss are the managers of the respective areas and will be happy to help you. They wear red shirts.

Yes interrupted our conversation and said thats time but Meg was not happy and we looked at each other and finished talking a total disgrace from this crew member.Nobody behind waiting so no reason to do this.Anyway just made themselves look rude and silly.Hope never to see this crew member again,

I had the same thing happen to me on Saturday morning. Meg had to stop in mid sentence and said sorry they want me to move on.

We carried on and Meg ignored the crew member as nobody behind no reason to do this only very rude person with no social skills jut made themselves look rude and silly.