Feedback

With regards to this notion about VQ Tickets for every guest? I'm sorry but I don't see the logic behind that? Sometimes its just nice to go up to a Guest (who ISN'T busy) and have a slightly relaxed chat with them (again if they AREN'T busy) it gives it that nice familiarity to it.

Big people like Gillian Anderson, William Shatner, Danny Glover, etc are all big guests and so demands an increase in people visiting them for their Autograph, thats when VQ tickets should remain, I'm of the adage:

"If its not broke don't fix it."

Richard - really chuffed for you mate. I was so happy when I saw Adrienne had Catwoman pictures as I knew how much you wanted one!

Thank you, it was really cool to see she had one :)

With regards to this notion about VQ Tickets for every guest? I'm sorry but I don't see the logic behind that? Sometimes its just nice to go up to a Guest (who ISN'T busy) and have a slightly relaxed chat with them (again if they AREN'T busy) it gives it that nice familiarity to it.

Big people like Gillian Anderson, William Shatner, Danny Glover, etc are all big guests and so demands an increase in people visiting them for their Autograph, thats when VQ tickets should remain, I'm of the adage:

I'm not sure it's needed for all guests however they do seem to underestimate how busy the Game Of Thrones guests are likely to be, especially if they're only there one day. Queues quickly got quite long for these guests on Sunday and the VT system came into use.

Same thing happened at Milton Keynes with Gethin Anthony. I saw him almost straight away that day but the queue quickly got very long and they brought in the VTs. Something to consider in future maybe for these one day guests.

• Like 1

And what's to stop that? The beauty of the VQ system is the flexibility of it. If a guest is busy the queue can be kept at a manageable length, a non busy guest can be open queue. You get the best of both without a great deal of extra hassle.

I'm not sure it's needed for all guests however they do seem to underestimate how busy the Game Of Thrones guests are likely to be, especially if they're only there one day. Queues quickly got quite long for these guests on Sunday and the VT system came into use.

Same thing happened at Milton Keynes with Gethin Anthony. I saw him almost straight away that day but the queue quickly got very long and they brought in the VTs. Something to consider in future maybe for these one day guests.

Exactly (and it's not just GOT guests, Jean Marsh and Catrin Stewart both could have done with being on VQs at least at the start of their days). There is nothing more annoying than having shot round and picked up your VQ tickets first thing and then finding somebody else has suddenly gone VQ and ending up with a high number for them. It would also make sense to at least have a stand with a board on available for each pair of guests so if they do need to be ticketed it is easy for everyone to see what numbers have been called without having to either keep asking a crew member or having he crew member wearing an unique piece of jewellery round their neck!

What's the problem with having VT? If only 100 have been given out, then the board can say 1-100. If there's no-one there and you have ticket 99, you can go up.

Yes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it - but if people are underestimated in terms of popularity (and with the best will in the world, SM aren't psychic), then maybe it is broken. Surely it's better to be prepared and not need it?

If people knew every guest was VT, they'd get tickets when they arrive. Better that (even if it's low demand) than starting out open Q and then switching to VT during the day, where people might not have seen the switch and then miss out. With low demand people, you can walk up and it would be no different to open Q. As some people here have said, their first sweep saw open Qs so you think you can go back later no problem, then on a later sweep you find it's VT and you're now ticket 300. VTs for everyone would mean a greater chance of getting the person you wanted. I had this with Kristian Nairn - open Q for ages but with long lines, then switched to VT. I got ticket 81, and just before lunch they were 1-80. In the afternoon, I was too busy with photoshoots to see him, and then he left early. Saved myself £10, but some people might have really wanted autographs.

• Like 1

Fantastic venue. Thanks to everyone involved.

My only improvement suggestion would be to the sales desk for the talk and photoshoot tickets. While there were posters behind the actual desk stating what line to queue up in for specific things. Eg a line for Sunday photoshoots or a line for Saturday talks. The lines could get quite long and there was some confusion at the back of the line as to what queue was for what. Just having a staff member letting people know or even something on the floor segregating the lines and writing stating what line is for what would be a great help.

I think the photo issue was my only gripe this year. I make sure that if I want a couple of photos of the guests (after all, it's a lasting memory), then I stand as far back as possible, away from the queue's and have the flash off. When you've got a good zoom, you don't need to be that close and I personally don't like getting in people's faces. On Saturday I was just about to take a photo of Danny Glover and bear in mind I was no where near his queue or any queue and his security shouted "no photos"!

I witnessed this throughout the day and on Sunday with other attendees.

Surely they should expect people to take photos? If you're not using flash, are well away from the guest then it shouldn't be a massive issue. Was so sad to see so many guests doing the same thing. Nothing to do with showmasters of course, but this was my only issue the entire weekend.

Danny was no photos at all. Sometimes that request is made for one reason or the other. If the rule is "no photos" unfortunately that includes photos from the distance too, and crew has to enforce that.

While you were going to be honest and turned off the flash you would be surprised how many people have "accidents" when the request is "no flash photography."

I didn't have any problems with giant queues, mainly because on the Friday night preview we noticed that by half 8 everyone had wandered off, so I went straight up to Amanda Tapping with NO-ONE in front of me.......so did the same around 4/5pm on Saturday and Sunday :) the "no photo" signs were a bit misleading however, as I went to get Jason Momoa's auto, and didn't ask as the sign said no, but then just after I saw him posing with the picture he just signed for the fan.......??!!?? maybe I should have tried the brave/cheeky approach, and asked anyway? lol

We had a great time this weekend,it was our first lfcc.

Some plus and minus:

+ all the guests were great

+ the direct photo prints

+ all the people in costume,great to see

+ the talks we visited were very nice

+ all the staff and volunteers,were friendly and helpfull

+ the friday night was great to have some of the big guests done

- we were told we could use our saturday photo tickets on friday,but we were actually not allowed to use them for jason momoa

- the goldpass que on friday was a bit of a mess

- didn't receive the autograph pack i ordered but had to choose another one

- the backdrops at the photoshoots are really way to old fashioned

- wasn't too impressed with the comic part of the con

All in all it was awesome!!!

We had a great time this weekend,it was our first lfcc.

Some plus and minus:

+ all the guests were great

+ the direct photo prints

+ all the people in costume,great to see

+ the talks we visited were very nice

+ all the staff and volunteers,were friendly and helpfull

+ the friday night was great to have some of the big guests done

- we were told we could use our saturday photo tickets on friday,but we were actually not allowed to use them for jason momoa

- the goldpass que on friday was a bit of a mess

- didn't receive the autograph pack i ordered but had to choose another one

- the backdrops at the photoshoots are really way to old fashioned

- wasn't too impressed with the comic part of the con

All in all it was awesome!!!

I used my Jason photo ticket without a problem on Friday - no one mentioned anything. I did so as Alexander Siddig couldn't make his Friday appearance...

I used my Amanda Saturday photoshoot ticket on Friday too and I saw others doing the same. I got to ask my friend who was queueing with me, but I thought for Jason I even saw them making three rows for the different day tickets on Friday.

I'm sorry you had problems klikkak. I'll mention this to TooTall and make sure that the crew is informed if the policy is being applied again.

I used my Amanda Saturday photoshoot ticket on Friday too and I saw others doing the same. I got to ask my friend who was queueing with me, but I thought for Jason I even saw them making three rows for the different day tickets on Friday.

I'm sorry you had problems klikkak. I'll mention this to TooTall and make sure that the crew is informed if the policy is being applied again.

This happened to me too. I asked to use my ticket, I was told no, Again they phoned around and said ok... But anyone holding a Saturday ticket could not go up until the Friday ticket holders had been up first. So while the queues started up had to stand there and watch until allowed in...

What's the problem with having VT? If only 100 have been given out, then the board can say 1-100. If there's no-one there and you have ticket 99, you can go up.

Yes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it - but if people are underestimated in terms of popularity (and with the best will in the world, SM aren't psychic), then maybe it is broken. Surely it's better to be prepared and not need it?

If people knew every guest was VT, they'd get tickets when they arrive. Better that (even if it's low demand) than starting out open Q and then switching to VT during the day, where people might not have seen the switch and then miss out. With low demand people, you can walk up and it would be no different to open Q. As some people here have said, their first sweep saw open Qs so you think you can go back later no problem, then on a later sweep you find it's VT and you're now ticket 300. VTs for everyone would mean a greater chance of getting the person you wanted. I had this with Kristian Nairn - open Q for ages but with long lines, then switched to VT. I got ticket 81, and just before lunch they were 1-80. In the afternoon, I was too busy with photoshoots to see him, and then he left early. Saved myself £10, but some people might have really wanted autographs.

Completely agree, I have been caught out several times in the past when people were on open queue when I arrived and when I went back later they had been on VTs for a couple of hours and I ended up with a high number. It defeats the point of queuing up outside for an hour and a half in order to get low VTs! As far as I'm concerned its far better if guests start off with VTs and then go open queue later if they are not busy.

• Showmasters Admin

Completely agree, I have been caught out several times in the past when people were on open queue when I arrived and when I went back later they had been on VTs for a couple of hours and I ended up with a high number. It defeats the point of queuing up outside for an hour and a half in order to get low VTs! As far as I'm concerned its far better if guests start off with VTs and then go open queue later if they are not busy.

It's a lovely idea but we can't simply take on an extra 30 crew just in case. It costs about £150 per crew member over a weekend, hotel, food, t-shirts, expences etc, that's £4500. Also in all fairness we took on 260 crew for this event more than ever before and would have struggled to have found 30 more, we took on pretty much everyone that applied.

We do our best and we have VTs on a lot more guests than previously. But having them on everyone that might be busy "just in case" really isn't an option.

On Saturday we had next to no issues and had all of the busy guests covered. At the last couple of MK shows we didn't have an issue with the minor GoT guests and so had no reason to think it would be different at LFCC Sunday. OK we needed them in the end but as someone said we're not pyschic.

• Like 2

It's a lovely idea but we can't simply take on an extra 30 crew just in case. It costs about £150 per crew member over a weekend, hotel, food, t-shirts, expences etc, that's £4500. Also in all fairness we took on 260 crew for this event more than ever before and would have struggled to have found 30 more, we took on pretty much everyone that applied.

We do our best and we have VTs on a lot more guests than previously. But having them on everyone at might be busy "just in case" really isn't an option.

On Saturday we had next to no issues and had all of the busy guests covered. At the last couple of MK shows we didn't have an issue with the minor GoT guests and so had no reason to think it would be different at LFCC Sunday. OK we needed them in the end but as someone said we're not pyschic.

I rest my case m'lud :)

• Showmasters Admin

This happened to me too. I asked to use my ticket, I was told no, Again they phoned around and said ok... But anyone holding a Saturday ticket could not go up until the Friday ticket holders had been up first. So while the queues started up had to stand there and watch until allowed in...

There was some confusion over what had and hadn't been agreed with regards to people using Saturday tickets on other days. Once we knew, we trying to make sure the info got out to everyone.

As the photo shoots like Jason's would have been called in group order 1-50, 51-100 etc I don't think it was unreasonable that people with tickets numbered for Saturday were asked to go at the end.

• Showmasters Admin

No problem to go at the end but we were not allowed in anymore.

They would have had to have called it, Jason wanted to help take the pressure off Saturday and so said people could use Sat tickets on Friday, but there had to be a limit. Jason M had sold about 150 Friday and over 600 Saturday (by Friday). He only had a 30 minute photo shoot on Friday for those 150 (plus maybe 50 Saturday), if we'd let in 200+ Saturdays it would have had to go on for over an hour and some people would have had to miss getting his autograph. So yes there had to be a cut off point, sorry.

• Showmasters Admin

looking through the posts all i can say is it looks like you all have a good time , the negative stuff i read on here is not anything major and the really big things like photo ops begin turned around in 9 seconds for 10,000 of you a day worked very well

and with there being around 80,000 of you this year all in all i think we came together to deliver a great show .

we will take on board your points and fix them for the next show as you all know we learn from our experience and make it work better each time , thank you for the comments and we will be posting some thoughts in a serpent section on what we feel are the interesting aspects of the weekend .

lets have a few more of the big things you liked over the weekend as it seems alto of you do seen to pick on the little things that did not go well for you , these things will be fixed , but if we know what you like we can expand on them and do more with the things you like :-)

what about things like

the Auction ?

the static shoots ?

the after show talk ?

the free Gaming Bus ?

help us to learn what you want to see more of ?

thanks for the helpful feed back

jason

lets have a few more of the big things you liked over the weekend as it seems alto of you do seen to pick on the little things that did not go well for you , these things will be fixed , but if we know what you like we can expand on them and do more with the things you like :-)

I LOVED the after show talk/commentary, it was fantastic! I could have sat through more of those for sure. I also really like the static photo shoots (although I wish the ET photographer had been stood up, or at least sat on a chair-not a flattering angle at all)! I thought the auction was good fun! What about some competitions or something that run over the weekend? Maybe to win photoshoots with guests there? Or autographs etc? Could do it as a raffle even. I also really liked the prop displays. I really enjoy makeup/special effects/prop and set design etc so I like being able to get a good look at various pieces from films and tv.

Many thanks to all the Showmasters crew,you were all most helpful to me,both on here with your advice & answers to any questions I raised before I went on Saturday & on the day itself,I was pretty nervous when I arrived at the venue,but also very excited,but I had a wonderful time,thanks so much :smile:

If by the static shoots you meen the ET and Kitt photo shoots, I would love more of them.

The auction was a good idea but I would have preferred it if the bids could have been placed in a box rather than written down so somebody could put an extra pound on at the last minute.