Feedback

2 things that I can see here but may be wrong. They are called early bird because they let you in from 9am instead of "general entry" 11am. The pay on the day queue may be inside quicker but then often have to queue at the box office to make a payment.

Yes the early bird pre pay went around the building but once doors opened it did move pretty quickly. Earls Court staff tend to manage the queues outside but I did go outside on Saturday morning to try and help. I did send some people to a queue on the other side of the doors without realising the queue went around the entire 2 EC buildings and back again!

I'm pretty sure that all pre paid were in by about 9:25 ish.

I was actually looking after the early bird entry at 9am on Saturday and all those in the pre-paid line for early bird entry were in by 9.13am! (Which was pretty good going I think)! :smile:

Those in the 'pay on the day queue' certainly were not in by 9.13am! I don't know for sure how long it took to get that queue in but I know it was still there at 10am!

Sure, if you were first in line of the pay on the day queue then you would get in before those last in line in the pre-pay queue, but those people at the front of the pay on the day queue were there from VERY early indeed and so paid their due by their dedication to waiting! :smile:

I guess what I am saying is, getting many thousands of people who were in the pre-pay queue inside the hall in13 mins was a pretty good job! Or at least I think so and hope you all do too! We try our best and that is the best we can do!

Mark :smile:

Mark, that time is not correct, I was in the pre-paid queue and we only entered the building at 9.34 a.m. and there were still many people behind us. I know this for sure because I had my eye on my watch constantly as we were due in the Amanda Tapping photo shoot at 9.30 a.m. and also the chap in front of us was keeping his eye on his watch as well as he wanted to go to the 9.30 a.m. Star Wars Talk.

In terms of more general feedback:

Good

- New photo system working brilliantly, keep up the good work

- Majority of crew were excellent in busy and challenging situations

- Great to see the whole hall being used and the Games Bus, Artists Alley etc

- I don't know if there were stage hosts on all the stages but where they were they worked well

Room for Improvement

- Lighting - as others have mentioned aside from the official photoshoots, photos seem to have come out with a yellowish hue

- Layout within the hall, some of this needs re-thinking with the numbers attending, big space at the back of the hall, but some of the aisles, particularly where you might have a photoshoot, stalls, catering etc were almost impassable at some points due to the sheer numbers of people

Overall had a fab two days and so did my son, can't wait until October for Winter LFCC to do it all over again.

2 things that I can see here but may be wrong. They are called early bird because they let you in from 9am instead of "general entry" 11am. The pay on the day queue may be inside quicker but then often have to queue at the box office to make a payment.

Yes the early bird pre pay went around the building but once doors opened it did move pretty quickly. Earls Court staff tend to manage the queues outside but I did go outside on Saturday morning to try and help. I did send some people to a queue on the other side of the doors without realising the queue went around the entire 2 EC buildings and back again!

I'm pretty sure that all pre paid were in by about 9:25 ish.

I was actually looking after the early bird entry at 9am on Saturday and all those in the pre-paid line for early bird entry were in by 9.13am! (Which was pretty good going I think)! :smile:

Those in the 'pay on the day queue' certainly were not in by 9.13am! I don't know for sure how long it took to get that queue in but I know it was still there at 10am!

Sure, if you were first in line of the pay on the day queue then you would get in before those last in line in the pre-pay queue, but those people at the front of the pay on the day queue were there from VERY early indeed and so paid their due by their dedication to waiting! :smile:

I guess what I am saying is, getting many thousands of people who were in the pre-pay queue inside the hall in13 mins was a pretty good job! Or at least I think so and hope you all do too! We try our best and that is the best we can do!

Mark :smile:

Um ... yeah, as others have said I'm afraid you must have mixed your times up a little.

When I got in, I went straight to a certain place and immediately took a photo. That photo is time-stamped 9:34; I was easily in the front half of the pre-paid queue.

In fact, I have texts still on my phone from my friend who was in the "buy on the day" queue asking me what VQ tickets he should pick up for me as I was still outside. Those texts are time stamped 9:21.

I think you might need to get your watch looked at. :smile:

Edited by Stenun
  • Like 1

I get that time constraints etc. and that the guests who have early shoots have later ones too... but idk, I felt the stress of getting in on Sunday when I know I got in on the Sat (admittedly a very busy day) past half past, and I also wanted to check my suitcase into the cloakroom and grab virtual queue tickets before going for a photo! Just seems if a majority of people are going to be outside when a shoot is scheduled, what's the point other than to freak everyone out as they watch time draw closer and closer, as they may only be able to stay a few hours and assumed they'd get into the earlier shoot. Just throwing out annoying scenarios here :P

• Like 1

Could they keep it how it is and have a fast track option added too? For those who want to pay more and get in quicker guaranteed. Who knows. But then you'll get everyone buying that one, and we start again..

To be fair, I think this WOULD be a good way forward, as you could then make it clear that the other queues would not be admitted until this one has cleared - if you buy this ticket and turn up late, then its your own fault.

In all honesty, I turned up at 7.50 both days. The prebooked queue was around zones L-M while the pay on the day queue was less than 100 yards from the door. It doesn't take a genius to work out that if this ratio were to continue, someone turning up at 9am could join the pay on day queue could enter before someone joining the prepaid queue at 8.30am. This IS unfair. It's not about entitlement because you've pre-paid, its about being put in a position where you're entering after someone who turned up after you did. Certainly I would not advocate moving people who've just paid to the back of the pre-paid queue as this would just cause the same problem.

Is it really a problem? Well, yes it is, but not a major one as long as it doesn't affect other pre-paid aspects such as photo shoots. Yes it would be better to have one queue for everyone, but better still would be based on if people have an early photo shoot booked or not, not if they've prepaid for entry.

I understand that DavidB said that pre-booked tickets do not infer earlier entry than pay on the door tickets, however, in forum topics for help over the weekend, it does say that those with pre-booked tickets can join the pay on the day queue, but it will slow down your entry on the day - this clearly was not the case here. Had I have joined the shorter queue (pay on the day) I'd have got in quicker than those who'd queue'd up since 7.30 in the pre-booked.

All that being said, apart from the sound system in Talk Stage 1 being terrible (it was impossible to hear David Garfield and Philip Hinchcliffe on the Saturday, and Katy Manning on the Sunday) I had an amazing time and was able to get all autographs I wanted (6 per day) by 11am.

Edited by GwimWeeper

I had such a BRILLIANT time at #LFCC on Saturday and only last years #LFCC topped it for me, I don't have any complaints whatsoever.

My Friends and I had all brought prepaid early bird tickets and were in a very good spot, the queue was rather long but I'm not at all surprised seeing just how wonderful it was this year.

Once inside my first port of call was Norman Reedus's VQT as that was by far the most important thing.

Then we looked around at where different guests were and just to get a feel of the place, the first guest I met was the very lovely and ironically lol, down to Earth Caprice Rothe, this was an ABSOLUTE GENIUS move on behalf of Showmasters to get the person who brought life and meaning to E.T. I don't really give a damn what the killjoys say on this and its a shame (from what I've seen) that not many more people have spoken about this guest. I would have loved to talk to her for hours, and asked about all different aspects of the choreography. Ever since she was announced I had all kinds of ideas for (possible poses at the desk?) and the fact that after she signed my E.T. DVD in such a wonderful way, I asked if she'd be able to do the iconic pose? And she was more than happy to do so, made it ONE BRILLIANT moment.

IMG_9719_zpsd3352e1e.jpg

Now, I realise I'm quite the stickler for rules when it comes to talks and how people SHOULD NOT ask that age old, irksome request that being, "Can I have a hug?" but Caprice wasn't that busy when we saw her, and I thought to myself, well this would be the best time to do this. So I asked her nicely if it would be ok to have a Hug? I explained that it - for me - would be Hugging E.T. she was really Lovely with her response, stood up and my Friend took a photo that I will forever cherish, I hugged E.T. and E.T. hugged me back- one thing I do remember is that when Caprice hugged me she even made the same finger movement she did with Henry when Elliot and E.T. said goodbye- oh boy this is turning into quite an emotional post now.

Afterwards we went to see Robert MacNaughton, a really lovely guy and like with Caprice I showed him the picture of when I met his one time Director, he was thrilled by it, even the lady crewing with him, he was nice enough to ask me if I wanted a message on the E.T. DVD and I was very happy for that.

We went on another walkabout and saw David Hasselhoff posing by Ecto 1, so that was interesting.

It was then on to the Star Wars talk, now... Let me back up here a minute, it was in 2007 that I had first met Peter Mayhew and my experience was an interesting one, have spoken to other Fans and they've given me each and every experience they've had etc etc. during the Star Wars talk I knew what I wanted to ask, and it was:

"What was it like working with Harrison Ford?"

To which Peter (totally serious but with warmth to it) had nothing but good things and praise to say about him, how Harrison helped Peter out with the technical side, script what have you, so I was very much made up by that :)

Afterwards we went to get his Autograph at the table, greeted you with a handshake and signed where you asked him to sign, very lovely, I asked for a posed photo and he was polite with his response.

Next it was to see Catwoman herself, Adrienne Barbeau, now originally, as is always the way, I was only going to get ONE thing signed, and then after my thread last week about whether or not Adrienne would have any Catwoman pictures on her desk, I chose to scan in a picture from a very rare Catwoman book I have, (which also matches the T-Shirt I wore on Saturday) then when I had come back to the forum I'd seen that my right honourable Friend, the fellow E.T. Geek Tolkienerd had posted a purrfect picture of Catwoman which I then also ordered from photobox. And then the next day I'd gone to see my dealer- who has a large collection of Comics and other Comic bits and pieces and one of the things I bought off him was Catwoman (still in box) toy from the animated series, so I'd gone to #LFCC knowing I was going to be getting three Autographs from her, not realising (oh the irony) that on her desk she had a gorgeous Catwoman picture, so, I had that one as well. I don't think Adrienne had seen the picture from the book before as she had asked me if I'd reproduced it? I said it was in a rare Catwoman book I have. :)

Because I was lugging my #XFiles DVD Boxset around with me, I didn't really want to expose it to any more of the convention atmosphere, even though it was very well protected, so we went to see William B. Davis a very lovely fellow, and couldn't be any more different from the villainous and snide Cigarette Smoking Man- a man who would stop at nothing to challenge both Mulder and Scully in their fight for the truth and the quest- um yep, I did have to stop CSM (wow, just thought, how very Mulder of me lol) Signing under Gillians Autograph (which incidentally, Gilly was the first to sign it) as some day I remain hopeful that I'll be able to get David on there... THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE! He was very nice about this, and signed under Mitch :)

I then met Dee Wallace, and it was a glorious moment to meet her, as opposed to talking about E.T. as a whole, we spoke more about the significant role that E.T. symbolised, that of being, a Spiritual Healer, which Dee is and I'm very aware of my Psychic/Healing abilities also so I found it very fascinating what she had to say on the matter. :)

There were a number of cosplayers I managed to get a few photos with and that, for me, is always a good part of these conventions.

And then we met Norman Reedus. (All I'll say is its an experience I'm going to share with only one other) but a wonderful Guest - many thanks Jason for making this one happen.

There was a group photo shoot by Ecto 1 which was one of the major highpoints and seeing such lovely Friends :)

ANd then, I saw the amazing Anne Hathaway Catwoman (as mentioned in this thread) http://showmasterson...showtopic=81292 which for me was most definitely a highlight, seeing that i'm a Fan/Collector/Aficionado of Catwoman.

Later on we went to the mortal instruments talk and we were all involved in a segment where we were all filmed and were allowed to watch a preview and were told not to film as it would break anti piracy laws, am hoping people didn't film in this and glad we were given such an awesome opportunity, lets just hope every person behaved themselves and took onboard the wish, mind you, it only takes one immoral person to do that and it ruins it for everyone- I have my own views on those who deliberately rip off Filmmakers, Writers, Actors and what have you by illegally copying/downloading films for free- its not clever and its not right.

Afterwards I went off to find my Friends, the Ghostbusters and we had a nice cool chat plus got some cool photos together. I then ended up nearly having my neck slashed open by Ghostface from Scream!!! Honestly security was a bit lack there lol :)

Went back to say "Goodbye." to the wonderfully talented Caprice :)

And because he had no line, and he beckoned me over when I waited to see if the person taking photos was there for him, I went to meet Dr. Tewksbury, that would be Frasiers long suffering mentor, played by the brilliant Rene Auberjonois, it was brilliant to meet him in real life and I told him how it was as Dr. Tewksbury and of Tony (the diamond jewel thief) in Police Academy 5 that I enjoyed seeing him as,(I wanted to shake his hand but instead he did a thing with his fist and so we touched that way) I asked if it would be ok to have a photo with him, he said only if he could take a photo of me. I was ok with this request, and then he was more than happy to lean in and have a photo with me.

Then it was off to meet Peter Kent, I briefly introduced myself to him from the forum, we had a quick chat and a photo and was nice to meet the man who made Arnie look so damn good :)

After a few bits of browsing at the stalls and buying a very small but precious something went to see the Ghostbusters by Ecto 1 a nice chat and a goodbye. Then coming out of the door there was a crew member and I shook his hand thanking him for doing a job that makes us congoers lifes much better.

Which at this point I do have a few CREW members to thank and say hi to if they remember me:

* The guy assisting with Caprice, we had a nice chat and you were very friendly towards me. :)

* The girl assisting with Robert MacNaughton, also a really lovely Girl.

* The guy next to Norman Reedus, black spikey hair?

(I wish I knew these peoples names- normally I'm good with names and remembering people- so apologies for not being so)

I don't have ANY grumbles about anything at London Catwoman Film and Comic Con, this was an amazing event for me, and I haven't been this happy or as enthusiastic AFTER an event since London Gillian Anderson Film and Comic Con last year.

Many thanks to Jason, the crew, the pit bosses, the cosplayers, and most importantly the Guests :)

This is KingRichard76 (a HAPPY customer) signing off :)

P.S. To prove how much fun I had on the Saturday, here's my Facebook (sent to public) album.

P.P.S. The fact I'd been out #Cycling a lot on the days leading up to Saturday meant that my bad foot, was vigorously exercised and this meant I could be on my feet for most of the day WITHOUT the use of my walking stick. Happy times :)

https://www.facebook...68510257&type=1

Love and Best Wishes, KingRichard76 17:13pm. Tuesday 09th July 2013.

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 1

Really enjoyed myself again!

I love showmasters events and will always pick a showmasters event over any other company, they get the best guests and look after the cosplayers. i was there Saturday cosplaying with the UK Ghostbusters and the crowd was brill, great bunch and as always its nice to see that even youger people know who Ghostbusters are. cant wait for WLFCC.!!!!

(hope some Ghostbusters guests will be there...) :angel:

My only problem was with the new photoshoot time system on the Saturday.

At one shoot they would let anybody go in and didn't care what number ticket you had and at the Lena Headey one in the morning they would only let in upto number 200. This would not have been a massive problem if, 1) all of the shoots used the same system and everybody knew in advance and 2) there wasn't a six hour wait until the next session. I had to go and exchange my ticket because I couldn't stay that late and there were a few others in the same boat.

Me too, I had the same issue with this photoshoot. people with higher than 300 were let in in the morning session for Lena. I've been told different things when trying to queue for this photoshoot.

That my negative point from LFCC. I posted somewhere else about it

Richard - really chuffed for you mate. I was so happy when I saw Adrienne had Catwoman pictures as I knew how much you wanted one!

My feedback is all positive. I love attending SM events because the crew are so approachable and friendly, they share our passion and understand where we are coming from and they always go that extra mile to help our experience be memorable.

My only constructive feedback would be a guest layout chart somewhere as sometimes it can be difficult to find people. I can appreciate though that this may not be ideal as guests change positions each day. I just struggled to find an author on Saturday and no crew knew where he was (crew were all trying to help though!) this no way stopped this event been a 10/10 event however!

Top work SM , well done.

• Like 1

I attended both Sat snd Sun arriving at roughly the same time both dsys. Sunday entrance was very much faster - on Saturday there were 4 people standing outside the doors tearing tickets before we entered the building , this was fairly slow

. On Sunday however we all went straight through the outside door into the foyer and all inside doors had crew taking tickets, this worked much better and i hope it is something that is followed in future.

I had a fantastic time this weekend. I didn't mind the queueing as on the Saturday we were half way round the building and we were still in fairly quickly. Friday we went in quickly and Sunday, we got the same spot that we had gotten on Friday so again we didn't feel like we were waiting for that long. I only had two things that I wasn't happy with and they aren't major.

The first was the sound in the Star Wars talk on Saturday. We were only sat about 5 rows from the front and we were struggling to hear what Peter and Kenny were saying.

Secondly, on Friday after about 1/2 an hour/an hour the signs went up for no photos regarding Jason Momoa and Amanda Tapping. When I have been to these events before, no photos has always seemed to mean, no posed photos and no photos during the signing or in the immediate vicinity of the guest. We were stood at the back of Charles Martinets queue and I was taking a generic photo of the queues, guests, whatever was in my line of site to be honest but yes my camera was in that direction, a good 50ft away from their table mind. I never saw the sign (being that far away). Next thing I know a crew member came up to us and very firmly (bordering on aggressive) and told us no photos, not even a sentence or a polite request, just hands in the air and a no photos! She went to everyone and said the same thing and some of them were further away than us, one girl was simply checking her make up in a compact mirror and got the same treatment. It just seemed a bit extreme. On the Saturday there was the exact opposite problem, the gap between the two rows of guests was filled with people with massive cameras (not just mobile phones) taking photos of these same guests while they had their signs up. It was a struggle to get past them all and it all seemed a bit inconsistent.

There also seemed to be a heavier security presence for the guests this year, and some of them were pretty intimidating, standing in front of the guests table, rather than next to the guest but I know that is up to the guest to themselves so not a complaint, just an observation.

I will admit to trying to take a sneaky photo of Jason and Amanda (although like I said I was unaware that they were under "no photos") and my reason for that was because I had had the joint shoot with Michael and Amanda and when he postponed I planned on getting a shoot with Amanda and a shoot with Jason, when his replacement also cancelled and this was no longer an option, I wasn't able to afford to get my 'new' photos so I was hoping to get a poor quality distance shot as some kind of memento.

And so I can end on high note, the other crew members we encountered were fantastic, really helpful and knowledgeable, in particular, the people on the talk ticket desks and the 'main' ticket desk. I am desperately trying to sort out the money etc to get to Winter con as (if experience is teaching me anything) I know it will be better than this again! Thanks Showmasters and also thanks to David for the Twitter updates etc very useful and always very quick to respond.

Nice job guys!

Having had a few days to digest here's my feedback...

Overall, as always, a joyful weekend, by and large run well and the guests were pretty much all great, however there are a few little areas that need looking at in my opinion.

Photoshoots - I agree with most of the posts regarding the differences in quality of the photos between the 3 shoot areas, whether this is down to the photographers or the print settings I'm not qualified to say but I had 3 shoots on Sunday, 1 in each shoot area and my purple T-shirt looks black in C, dark purple in B and lighter purple in A!

Also, the queues for photoshoots really need to be manned by people with a bit of gusto! I only had Sunday shoots but at none of them were we called by number and only the lady on Area A sorting out the queues amalgamating for Sylvester, Catrin, Eve and Norman was making her presence felt and shouting instructions.

Finally regarding photoshoots, 5 minutes between shoots is not long enough. OK, if only 10 people want a shoot you can probably get away with it but it only takes the smallest delay and it throws the whole schedule out (like on Sunday).

VQs - It always amazes me that SM aren't prepared for some guests being busy. It was pretty obvious that with headliner guests from GOT at the event there would be lots of people wanting the "lesser" GOT guests, they should have been on VQ from the start with boards at the end of their queues. I did feel sorry for the crewmembers on Sunday when they did eventually go VQ and one was holding the board and the other had it round her neck!

Photos - I understand not allowing photos at the desk to speed things up. I understand no flash photography. What annoys me is when guests are no photos purely as a ploy to sell photoshoot tickets (I'm not accusing SM of this but think it a huge coincidence that most of the guests who are no photos tend to be represented by a particular lady who shares initials with a digger manufacturer!). I have been told by guests in the past that they can't pose with me because they've a shoot but I can buy a ticket! I also don't see the harm in photos from a distance. I was attempting a generic "this is the signing area" shot of the section where Danny Glover was only to get waved down by a crewmember and other people have mentioned similar occurrences.

That's pretty much it gripe wise. Positives were that I appreciated the extra space around the signing areas and the large area around the cosplay section which meant that the aisles weren't quite so crammed with people stopping for photos with cosplayers. Although I didn't attend any talks this time, I like that there was a screen. And as always the crew were outstanding. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks Showmasters and also thanks to David for the Twitter updates etc very useful and always very quick to respond.

Nice job guys!

You are welcome :) glad you had a good time, and hopefully see you at a future event :)

• Like 1

Tbh I think all guests should have virtual tickets. As mentioned above, it's very easy for queues to become very long without them. It is far easier to manage a guest (busy or not) with the VQ system.

• Like 1

My boyfriend and I had a great time on Saturday. We were initially worried about only being able to attend on Saturday and knew that we would be unable to arrive before 10 am and had to leave at 4.30pm but we still managed to have photoshoots with Danny Glover, Lena Headey, Kristianna Loken, Sugar Ray Leonard, Armin Shimmerman, Dee Wallace and David Hasselhoff. We also got autographs from Danny, Kristianna, Armin, Dee and David ( had already got Lena's autograph from MK last year and did not have time to meet Sugar Ray).

David was our favourite guest as he was so friendly and down to earth and happily chatted about his club night appearance in Essex the previous night, a 3 day Hoff festival he is attending soon in Austria, a documentary he is making about the Berlin wall, a musical version of Baywatch he is in the process of creating and the new pantomime he is starring in this christmas. He seemed really happy to chat to fans and meeting him was a great experience. His girlfriend Hayley was there too and shook hands with us.

Armin was very chatty and spoke to us about how much fun he had on Buffy, how long it took him to apply makeup for DS9 and the tourist attractions he likes in London.

Dee was very smiley and friendly and signed our ET pic. She thanked us for coming and took table photos too.

Danny was so friendly and jokey. We saw him at about 4pm. I asked him if he was having a good day and he joked 'No! damn Brits!' before laughing and shaking hands with both of us. During our brief chat he made a big effort to call us by our names (we had our Lethal Weapon 2 pressbook signed and dedicated) and seemed happy to be there.

Kristianna was very sweet. I complimented her on her dress and she said that she liked mine too. She chatted about 2 films she's in that are in post production and talked about her official website.

Thank you so much to the patient, helpful and AMAZING crew who worked so hard to make sure that everyone had a great time.

Instant photos make a big difference to the day as no waiting time. Our photos were good quality and the crew who worked on the photoshoot areas did a FANTASTIC job .

• Like 1

I agree about all guests on VT's it would help the crew and make it even more relaxed for everyone I think.

The ladies running the GoT Sunday only lines deserve medals. They were patient but got point across, friendly but had authority and had a very difficult job to do while remaining calm.

I think the photo issue was my only gripe this year. I make sure that if I want a couple of photos of the guests (after all, it's a lasting memory), then I stand as far back as possible, away from the queue's and have the flash off. When you've got a good zoom, you don't need to be that close and I personally don't like getting in people's faces. On Saturday I was just about to take a photo of Danny Glover and bear in mind I was no where near his queue or any queue and his security shouted "no photos"!

I witnessed this throughout the day and on Sunday with other attendees.

Surely they should expect people to take photos? If you're not using flash, are well away from the guest then it shouldn't be a massive issue. Was so sad to see so many guests doing the same thing. Nothing to do with showmasters of course, but this was my only issue the entire weekend.

I agree about all guests on VT's it would help the crew and make it even more relaxed for everyone I think.

The ladies running the GoT Sunday only lines deserve medals. They were patient but got point across, friendly but had authority and had a very difficult job to do while remaining calm.

The only major difference would be the extra crew needed to do it.

Tbh I think all guests should have virtual tickets. As mentioned above, it's very easy for queues to become very long without them. It is far easier to manage a guest (busy or not) with the VQ system.

I agree with this. I really wanted my son to meet Charles Martinet, but his queue always long and my son cannot handle queues. When a line is on VT, he can because they are careful with the number of people they let into the queue. So we ended up leaving the one guest he really wanted to meet. All I can ask of Showmasters, is please bring him back as I have only good things about him and I am upset my son did not get to meet him!