robert englund

dps_1985

Currently he is the only reason I'm going all the way to Cardiff. I was thinking, is it really worth the expense and hassle; train ticket cost, time off work, hotel costs, queuing up for most of the morning? All for just seeing one person. That's when I realised, YES IT BLOODY IS WORTH IT!!!!! IT'S FREDDY KRUGER!!!!

• Like 3

Is there anything in particular he won't sign re: DVDs/Pictures (last time I went to an event, the guest didnt want certain pictures signed)? im thinking of asking him to sign my Urban Legends DVD, I didnt even realise he was in it until I watched it a few weeks ago, and saw his name in the credits.

• Showmasters Admin

Is there anything in particular he won't sign re: DVDs/Pictures (last time I went to an event, the guest didnt want certain pictures signed)? im thinking of asking him to sign my Urban Legends DVD, I didnt even realise he was in it until I watched it a few weeks ago, and saw his name in the credits.

Something legit like that he'll have no issues signing.

He's over here shooting a new British horror film called The Last Showing (it goes before camera next week), about a projectionist who traps a couple in a cinema and uses the CCTV cameras to create his own twisted horror movie. It should be good.

You can follow their progress on twitter by following @TheLastShowing

Edited by Tolkienerd
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am now the very proud owner of a signed Freddy glove, amongst other signed Freddy stuff. Robert also let me in on a very interesting little known fact. When the Freddy vs Jason movie was brought to a film festival in Amsterdam, both he and Ken Kerzinger got very, very stoned together. When Robert told me this on Saturday it made me laugh but the more I think about it the funnier it becomes, as in my mind they are both in their costumes, fully made up sitting in a coffee shop getting high. Freddy and Jason. Two people you don't want to see sitting across from you when your high! :BRUISED: :BRUISED: :unsure: :unsure:

• Like 3

Robert was a true gentleman and I had about a 10 minute chat with this amazing man , he signed a Freddy glove for me and his autobiography along with a lovely picture which is going to be mounted and framed for my home cinema room. It will look amazing with my Sideshow collectibles 1/4 scale premium format figure in the corner of my man cave. Also the Freddy laughs and quotes he was doing during his photo shoot were just awesome !! Robert you are a legend and you made my weekend for sure.

I did have one let down about the whole Robert experience. Early in the year I got Ken Kerzinger to sign a photo of Freddy fighting Jason. It wasn't until I got to the front of the autograph line that it suddenly dawned on me that I'd left the bloody picture at home. So no signed picture this time but next time Robert is around I'll get him to sign it and the NECA Boiler house and the Fred (pre-burning) Krueger figure (which isn't out yet). Otherwise I loved the whole thing. Robert is a class act.