Photographer feedback

ive not read all the thread but my feedback on the photographers would be they need to take a look at their settings, C was too dark, B was too bright/over exposed, A was similar but not as bad). some have hinted this is more down tot he printing settings? im not sure,. but either way. not great. my friend had a brown top on in C that in the photo looks black, for example. if you put photos from the same day side by side, look at the colour and brightness differences in your cloths and skin tone. why are all not the same settings? the locations had similar if not the same building lighting.

Edited by timelord81r

I'm here with positive feedback! I had five pics and they all came out great. I've looked back at my pics since reading this thread, as I had two pics in area C, and I agree the lighting is darker than the other areas, but thankfully for me it doesn't harm the pics.

I was so nervous for my pic with Peter as I wasn't sure how to pose. I'm not one for crazy poses, I like a stand and smile dealy lol and since I'm quite tall I was worried and very conscious of not offending Peter by kneeling etc. (I got his pic on Sunday as was told no kneeling, handshakes or hugs which is understandable). As it is, I love how my picture came out :D and I hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself as I was visibily nervous with Peter when I went up for my pic haha.

In the past I've had double shots as me or the guest was not right in the pic (have doubles with Tony Head twice, Holly Marie Combs and Adam Baldwin) as the photographers checked their pic then confirmed for me to move on. To be honest I can't recall if this is the same system because I often left to get my pic this weekend thinking 'did I even look at the camera' haha I was in awe of such amazing guests! So I'm actually very fortunate I look ok in all the pics :P I do think the photographer should check, especially for blinks and other obvious flaws.

One last thing, at the Peter shoot I found the line before going over to him was very close. I have no clue as to the photographer's perspective but I ended up leaning back when directed to the line as I thought I was far too close to the person getting their picture! Maybe I'm wrong but a couple people mentioned their framing was strange and if it's due to the line I wouldn't be surprised. I know it's to get people in and out quicker but a couple inches back wont make all that much difference in time in the long run!

Ok I'll stop talking now :P

I agree - IF it is responsible for photos being right or left-aligned, then move it back. A few inches won't make the queue an unmanageable mess. And then the photographers will be free to zoom out slightly when taking the pics, so you'll get more of you and the celeb. Glad your photos turned out well - I think although there are variations in skin tone and darkness, hopefully it doesn't ruin the photos for people who had them. They're still good photos to be cherished.

• Like 1

Charging for photos at a desk is not a SM policy. Some guests have been known to do it and donate to a charity etc.

Digital copies of the DTSL photo shoots are not currently available for purchase. The current catalogue can be found here, http://showmasters.photoshelter.com/

Thanks for the link!

This is a good idea. "Available to purchase"? I suppose it is to be expected, though i hope they are not too expensive having already paid once...

I thought all my photos turned out fine. The only one i dont like is with the hoff and kitt it could have been any car in that photo all you see is a few lights inside the car. It might have been set up in a bigger area so that it could show the full car

• Like 1

Nobody ever has to cause a fuss. You only need to go to the crew member manning the printer, show them your photo and explain what's wrong. If it's an issue that's simply "I don't like the way I look", you'll probably not get it redone, but if there's something glaringly obvious like a photo taken mid-blink, then I'll have another crew member take a look, take the photo from you and have you placed at the front of the crew for a re-shoot.

If you don't tell one of us then there's no way we could know you're unhappy with the photo. It's really no bother at all to get the re-shoot done.

• Like 3

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the guy taking the photos on Saturday morning in area B I think it was. (Norman Reedus shoot) omg my pics have turned AMAZING AWESOME PERFECT. I have attended many events and the process has been so rushed that you dont have time to pose and my pose i dont mean I asked for out of the world things I like a hug or to stand behind them. I have had many like I say at previos events run by other companys and its a case of in and out arm around and FLASH I get the pics hours later and I always hate them my eyes are closed my hair is in my face.. all kinds of ewws but this time (although I confused Norman standing behind him) The pics turned out WONDERFUL and all my friends and family have commented on how great they are.. and they're also the first photo ops Ive ever framed and put on display. So THANK YOU sir for capturing the best moment of my life and giving me great photos to tresure :)

Thought the lighting in photoshoot area C was a bit naff, photos seemed to come out quite dark.

I thought this too! right side of photo dark. Affected two of my photos.

You got Reedus to take off his shades :) Awesome pic hun I love it.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I have a small version of one of those dye sublimation printers (post card sized). They work really well and you get great results from them but I can't say I have ever found a calibration setting for the printer. They don't need adjusting like inkjets do with lining up the little lines to get the correct print.

its funny people get it into there head that they understand something and then it get quoted as fact , but you are correct Pod0509 there is no "calibration setting" on there printers , the KITT car was a very hard thing to light as David wanted the dash to be seen lit up bright and also we had to have the light on the faces also , David really wanted it set up this way as he says he has been working with the car along time and knows what looks cool , in the end i think the images looked very cool.

anyway i hope that cleared everything up.

jason

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to the guy taking the photos on Saturday morning in area B I think it was. (Norman Reedus shoot) omg my pics have turned AMAZING AWESOME PERFECT. THANK YOU sir for capturing the best moment of my life and giving me great photos to tresure :)

That'd be Duncan, he's awesome!