My review of LFCC (my first ever LFCC)...

Hi everybody,

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend like myself! I've done a quick review of my experience at my first ever LFCC which can be found here -

http://binarycore.org/2013/07/07/lfcc-2013-review-by-james-stopford/

Would really appreciate any feedback etc from this article and I hope to see u all again in the winter :-)

• Like 1

Comments on LF&CC - no showmasters - bashing for once.

Missed last years show so first one in 2 years and first one without a Gold pass.

Weren’t any big names that I wanted to meet at this event so did without the gold pass and just went for the one day not two. All seemed to go pretty well considering how busy it was. Queue was massive to begin with - prepaid queue circled the whole site! Was slow progress initially but then started to move at walking pace so not sure what happened up front to help with this. Managed to get around ok ay inside until about 12.00 until it got too busy to move and I gave up for a bit. Don’t do talks or photoshoots so cant comment on those but autograph queues were well organised and guests were nice - especially Meg Foster who was so friendly and chatty. Norman reedus was cool/friendly too (even had ELO playing on his IPOD!) desk was starting to look like a jumble sale with all the presents he had. Thanks to all the crew on the day - difficult to keep some of the crowds in order - especially people trying to creep up take photos of guests all the time (Well done to lady on the Ray Park queue on Sat who was kept busy with this;-)

Hall seemed quite well laid out with possible exception of ECTO 1 being a bit close to the entrance and causing a bit of a bottle neck. Still no seating but at least there was a patch of carpet.

I normally have to criticise the personal hygiene of some attendees at these events but considering how hot it was this was actually okay. What wasn’t so good was the spatial awareness. Maybe I’m sensitive about this because I’m a pretty well-built guy and if I don’t look out for people around me they will tend to get squished/maimed. Some people just don’t seem to have this ability - stopping dead in front of you for no reason, stopping to take photos in a shoulder-to-shoulder bottleneck, standing in group chatting in the auto queue area (um...are they in the queue or what?) bumping, elbowing, swinging backpacks. Glad I wasn’t a foot shorter!!! Also, why is it some people have to walk laterally through the middle of all the autograph queues - walk round the back like everyone else! Anyway, rant over...but I will be expecting improvements in this area by winter LF&CC people ;-)

Cosplayers...THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! Really brightened up the show to see variety of different costumes. Think this area has really moved on at LF&CC - maybe an influence of ‘other events’ that are more cosplay oriented. Used to be just Imperial Garrison and a few others but now there are loads of independent cosplayers going along. Even casual attendees seem to be getting involved by wearing bought costumes (lots of supergirls and lara's depending on if they were blonde or brunette ;-). Will have to sort one out myself but not sure on what character. War machine was incredible - can hardly even be considered ‘cosplay’ it was so good. Other than this I thought the ‘Queen of Hearts’ was a great costume and there was a purple Twi’lek that was really cool (difficult to pull off and best I have seen in terms of realism). Some beautiful cosplayers too (know I will probably get slated for daring to say cosplayers might look sexy - even Simon Pegg got a twitter bashing after saying the same thing) favourites were the female ‘Flash’, the lady with long pink hair (not sure what character as I’m not a Manga/Anime aficionado) and ‘tall Lara Croft’ :-)

All in all a great show I thought. Things seem to be running a bit smoother although I’m sure other moaning-minnies will have had different experiences and will disagree - looking forward to the Winter version but think Gold pass will be in order as I don’t fancy queuing up outside in October.

PS.

While I'm at it I'm starting all the cliche treads in one go...

Who was that fit girl/guy?

Who was that fit crew member?

What was the name of the stall selling....?

Where was...?

Food was too expensive...

Edited by gobo1979uk
  • Like 1

Great reviews!

Also, why is it some people have to walk laterally through the middle of all the autograph queues - walk round the back like everyone else!

I can understand why they do it but yeah this is the only thing that bothered me this weekend, especially when they don't say thank you.