gold pass room

The room was big but it was rubbish lol. No sign of the haribo. Problem with the water was today i saw a crewer bring in a fresh pack of bottled water and as soon as she had one guy went and took 6 bottles. I know they are free but some people do take the mickey lol

The room was big but it was rubbish lol. No sign of the haribo. Problem with the water was today i saw a crewer bring in a fresh pack of bottled water and as soon as she had one guy went and took 6 bottles. I know they are free but some people do take the mickey lol

I went in shortly after I arrived this morning, just after doors opened. There were some sweets of various sorts out but the water dispenser was already half-empty with no sign of a replacement bottle. Saturday I went in during the afternoon when I needed some water to see two empty water containers and no replacement.

Never saw any sign of small bottles, just the big ones that go in the dispenser. I know it wouldn't be the most interesting job but maybe there should be a crew member assigned to this room to help keep it stocked and to check who was going in.

The intention is there but the execution needs a bit of work.

Edited by Rockstar6662

If something like that happens again let someone know at the show. If in doubt go to Organisers Booth. I have been told a few times over the weekend that we always get most stuff solved very fast on here - but we are not quite that good yet to solve on the day requests during a busy event. :lol:

If something like that happens again let someone know at the show. If in doubt go to Organisers Booth. I have been told a few times over the weekend that we always get most stuff solved very fast on here - but we are not quite that good yet to solve on the day requests during a busy event. :lol:

Would it have taken a lot of effort to have 1 crew member check in? Didn't bother me too much as my intention wasn't to stay in there the whole day.

• Moderators

Of course not, but at the same time if there is an issue the best way is to always talk to someone there and then. Raising awareness so something can be fixed is important.

No one can travel back in time and give extra sweeties now.

Didn't bother me much really as I was off doing other things but with respect it shouldn't be necessary to find someone to tell. If its something being offered by the organiser it's up to them to have someone around to facilitate it and keep things like the water replenished.

In the general scheme of things it's a minor inconvenience. In future I'd say have a crew member around monitoring the room.

• Moderators

I don't think anyone's arguing about what is or isnt necessary. Just that if someone feels it needs raising - which clearly the OP did - then putting it on here during an event isn't a great way of going about it.

That is very true. Not much can be done after the fact. But as part of the event planning, little things like this should be accounted for.

The devil is in the detail and from experience is often the little things that get overlooked at any event.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Would it have taken a lot of effort to have 1 crew member check in? Didn't bother me too much as my intention wasn't to stay in there the whole day.

As far as I am aware the room was checked a couple of times a day. Of course all it needs is three people taking six bottles of water each directly after someone checked and you have the situation described within 5 minutes. If no one says anything the situation will not be rectified before the next check up.

As far as I am aware the room was checked a couple of times a day. Of course all it needs is three people taking six bottles of water each directly after someone checked and you have the situation described within 5 minutes. If no one says anything the situation will not be rectified before the next check up.

I was feeling quite off colour yesterday so was popping into the room a few times to have a rest to stop from collapsing. As I've said what you suggest there is exactly what happened. Someone came in with a pack of 500ml bottles of water and put them on the table. I took one and so did 2 other people. Another guy took the rest and filled his bag.

The Gold Room. Where was the plush carpeting, the tapestry, the 3D TV showing the Wimbledon final, the water, velvet lined curtains, again, the water, the minions, and once again, the water. The Lannisters expected better" :smile:

Edited by KirkEnterprise

on saturday they did have cola bottle chew sweets and the water did run out and i did bring it to the attention of a red shirt crew member who told me they would get a new water cooler bottle, i waited 30 minutes and then left for a photo shoot.... cam back later and there was some bottled water.

Seem to be a few complaints about the gold pass room but at least you could find it! Also, at least there was a suggestion of water and sweets even if they weren't always available.

When I had a gold pass at the last event it took me till unchtime on the Sunday to locate it!!! Kept asking at organisers booth but very vague directions each time. When I got there it really wasn't worth it - just a sectioned off area with trestle tables in.

So some progress it seems. I would suggest aircon, free bar/buffet, recliner chairs and masseuses for next year.

• Like 2

Seem to be a few complaints about the gold pass room but at least you could find it! Also, at least there was a suggestion of water and sweets even if they weren't always available.

When I had a gold pass at the last event it took me till unchtime on the Sunday to locate it!!! Kept asking at organisers booth but very vague directions each time. When I got there it really wasn't worth it - just a sectioned off area with trestle tables in.

So some progress it seems. I would suggest aircon, free bar/buffet, recliner chairs and masseuses for next year.

Heck if they have masseuses next year I'll get a gold pass!

Don't think I would have wanted to be in that gold pass room with the other gold pass holders. Combination of dehydration and haribo-induced hyperactivity on already over-excited congoers is not not a good mix.

Im upping it.... Now its masseuses in slave leia costumes. It's that or I'm not going.

• Like 1

Im upping it.... Now its masseuses in slave leia costumes. It's that or I'm not going.

I like your style! Though I would need a male equivalent...and by that I do not mean a person in a Luke Skywalker costume...maybe someone dressed as Thor...goes to her happy place!

Just Get Jason Momoa in. He'd be up for it I recon.

I like your style! Though I would need a male equivalent...and by that I do not mean a person in a Luke Skywalker costume...maybe someone dressed as Thor...goes to her happy place!

Just Get Jason Momoa in. He'd be up for it I recon.

LOL - you might be right ;)