Con Newbie Review/GoldPass

I've had a great two days and looking forward to a third. My complaints are nothing more than grumbles really, starting with the ::ahem:: closely-averted fiasco with issuing the gold passes outside the arena. I thought that, since they knew how many had been sold, they should really have assumed that EVERYONE would turn up on the Friday and adjust the band-issue time accordingly. It ended up where people who paid at the door were inside before us... not that I don't wish they had a BRILLIANT time, but that's not how it should have been.

Guests were all fantastic, as normal. Female crew member on Peter's autograph line was a little too unnecessarily authoritarian, especially given it was all running like clockwork when I was there, without her barking orders.

Finally, we were all supposed to be seated in ticket order for the Mortal Instruments panel, but there was no marshalling there to make sure it happened so that, instead of being on the front row, my friend and I were about halfway back in the audience.

Saying all that, though, it was FAR outweighed by the excellent stuff. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new way of issuing photos from the shoots - SO much easier on the psyche than in previous years, for crew as well as for us, I'm sure. :D On the same topic, the quality of the photos is FAR superior to last year where they suffered from over-exposure in one of the photograph areas and we were left with photos that were, quite frankly, a disappointment and not really worth the price. Chairs in the Gold Pass room were a huge improvement on the "trestle table or floor" arrangement of last year. Crew for the VAST part (see above) have really helped to make this an excellent experience all round.

Cant wait for tomorrow... and next year :D :D :D

OH! And I don't like the lack of official programmes. I hope they'll be back next year!

Edited by Tulliver

I've had a great two days and looking forward to a third. My complaints are nothing more than grumbles king really, starting with the ::ahem:: closely-averted fiasco with issuing the gold passes outside the arena. I thought that, since they knew how many had been sold, they should really have assumed that EVERYONE would turn up on the Friday and adjust the band-issue time accordingly. It ended up where people who paid at the door were inside before us... not that I don't wish they had a BRILLIANT time, but that's not how it should have been.

Really? Were you there before 6pm?

I was third in the pre-paid queue & I saw the gold pass holders being let in at about 10mins to 6pm. We were let in at 6pm & all the gold pass holders that had been lining up ready were let in by then. Did you arrive after 6pm? Because if you did, they don't hold off on letting everyone else enter until all the gold are inside. Once it's 6pm everyone enters, it's what everyone paid for.

Gold pass holders got let in just after 5.55pm and by that time only about 15-20 people had their wristband. Looked to be at least 150 behind me when I went in.

• Like 1

I was standing about 3rd or 4th in the Gold Pass line. My advice for next time, get someone out there as soon as there is a line forming, no matter how early before the doors open, to confirm and hand out the gold passes. The guy handing them out had to sift through a lot of paperwork just to find people's names.

• Like 2

The problem was that it was said that gold passes would be handed out in line from 5.30pm and we would be let in at around 5.50pm. This never happened. We were let in at 5.55pm and had to queue to get our passes. Some for a good hour..

Where were you today?? Havent seen you!

My sister and nephew surprised me today. So spent most of the day with my nephew.

Oh nice! Hope you had a great time. See you next year! :smile:

I've had a great two days and looking forward to a third. My complaints are nothing more than grumbles king really, starting with the ::ahem:: closely-averted fiasco with issuing the gold passes outside the arena. I thought that, since they knew how many had been sold, they should really have assumed that EVERYONE would turn up on the Friday and adjust the band-issue time accordingly. It ended up where people who paid at the door were inside before us... not that I don't wish they had a BRILLIANT time, but that's not how it should have been.

I was third in the pre-paid queue & I saw the gold pass holders being let in at about 10mins to 6pm. We were let in at 6pm & all the gold pass holders that had been lining up ready were let in by then. Did you arrive after 6pm? Because if you did, they don't hold off on letting everyone else enter until all the gold are inside. Once it's 6pm everyone enters, it's what everyone paid for.

Sorry for the delay in replying. But yes. We were there queuing from 5pm. As others have said, it was just after 5.55 that the doors were opened, by which time only around 20 gold passes had been issued, by NO fault of the single crew member issuing them. This meant that we had to queue for a LONG time to receive them and yes. By that time, the pay on the day people had been allowed in since, as you rightly said, everyone was allowed admission from 6pm. I have NO problem with that aspect of it and I'm sorry if you thought I had suggested that everyone be kept waiting until the gold passes had been issued. That wasn't what I meant at all. I just feel that the number of gold passes issued this year was known to the organisers, and they must have known that, by starting issuing them at 5.30, the job would by no means be even party complete by 6pm. The crew member with the thankless task did his best, but the list he had was completely random - it wasn't in order number or alphabetical order, which would have speeded up his job considerably. It took ages to locate each name.

Sorry for the delay in replying. But yes. We were there queuing from 5pm. As others have said, it was just after 5.55 that the doors were opened, by which time only around 20 gold passes had been issued, by NO fault of the single crew member issuing them. This meant that we had to queue for a LONG time to receive them and yes. By that time, the pay on the day people had been allowed in since, as you rightly said, everyone was allowed admission from 6pm. I have NO problem with that aspect of it and I'm sorry if you thought I had suggested that everyone be kept waiting until the gold passes had been issued. That wasn't what I meant at all. I just feel that the number of gold passes issued this year was known to the organisers, and they must have known that, by starting issuing them at 5.30, the job would by no means be even party complete by 6pm. The crew member with the thankless task did his best, but the list he had was completely random - it wasn't in order number or alphabetical order, which would have speeded up his job considerably. It took ages to locate each name.

I didnt get my goldpass to begin with and had to que for it, but I skipped that part to begin with and went straight for the photoshot/voucher shop cause otherwise I would have had to spend hours in it. Then I went back to the goldpass que and got it pretty fast. I think that for next year beginning at five with the handouts and have a better way of finding the guests. That would be good.

But other than that. I think it was well worth it and I had a fantastic time, the crew were very helpful and I didnt find a single crewmember who didnt know what goldpass meant. It was awesome! :)

No need to be sorry, I didn't get from your post that you thought everyone else should wait.

I think they will learn from this event & allow more time for gold band handouts in future.