Day 2 Saturday

Wow, What a day all I can say. I arrived at Earls court this morning around 0900am, Expecting a bit of a queue... But Oh my God where did all those people come from? The Queues went right around Earls court 2 and 1 buildings. SM you were not kidding it's going to be busy. It took me half an hour to get in which was really good once the queue started moving. Had a really busy day ahead. Not into Autographs (thank god) Queues were long. I had a total of 21 photo shoots to get for my collection. At the start no clashes had a two hour of walking around checking out all of the costumes some were really good and must of took a long time putting them together. Then the clashes started around 4PM. I would like to thank all the staff who were great when I showed my long list, they helped me through without any problems.. Even the Photographers were getting to know me.. (I must be famous and maybe charge them for taking my Photograph) Anyway a great day second day Thank you SM and all your staff. See you all tomorrow for round three. Time to Rest all my legs.. they are killing me :clap:

it was really easy to find the end of the que. was really long when we arrived at 8.30 but we got in sooo fast i was really shocked. the ques for autographs were long depending on who u wanted to see but the way its done u get a ticket from the end of the que and comeback 20-30mins later. my fav guest was Ray Park who took time to have a chat with my kids and even gave them free stuff. Another gr8 guest was Charles Martinet who recorded my answerphone message for me.

The cosplayers really took my breath away. They were soooo good and remember if u ask for a pic they are more then happy to pose. iv got some real good photos

I'll get the moaning done first as I don't really want to but curious as to others thoughts. I bought the Gold Pass and overall helped me out big time with queues, although I was told to wait a few times but it was understandable with the big guests.

I didn't really like the wrist band as some crew automatically assumed I'm standard entry but I can see why this could happen.

Chill out room was ok, but my second visit the bin was more than over flowed and the water hadn't been refilled. Thanks for the sweets!

The last thing is my autographs pack had been mixed up or something so I now have to wait for it to be sent by post in a few weeks, anyone else have this problem?

Other than these petty things it was overall helpful, being my first convention and all.

Ok sorry about that now onto what I really want to share.

Well what can I say overall an awesome day (I'll be there tomorrow too). The guests on the whole were awesome, all nice.

My first guest and highlight had to be Norman Reedus, was a really down to earth guy and I really felt the love he has for his fans (after some girls he offered me a hug too! :clap: ) I cannot wait for my photoshoot with him tomorrow.

Enjoyed the Game of Thrones/Peter Dinklage talks, did anyone have any photoshoots with Peter where he didn't exactly smile? My other highlights were Joe Dempsie, Jason Momoa, Danny Glover and Sarah Wayne Callies.

I got as many big guests done so tomorrow I can relax abit, there was so much more to see, I barely touched upon the merchandise and comic guests. I also loved all the cosplay which I expected.

One last thing, how many went to Will Yun Lee? He didn't look to busy which was a surprise considering his role in the new Wolverine, I guess he will be a bit better known once its out. I went and spoke to him briefly.

Well that's all, i did everything I planned to for today and more, and cannot wait for tomorrow, hopefully I'll get more sleep tonight

Enjoyed the Game of Thrones/Peter Dinklage talks, did anyone have any photoshoots with Peter where he didn't exactly smile?

Hmm..I think my one came out a bit like that. Hes sort of mid way, not smiling but not frowning either. I'm not complaining though :)

Overall it was a good day. A majority of the guests I met were very kind, some not so much.

My favourite guests were Sarah Wayne Callies and Will Yun Lee. I too was rather surprised how he wasn't busy, but I love him so much in Hawaii Five-0. He took the time to chat to me on Friday.

The only thing I didn't like was that the photoshoots were not being called up in number order. They had the gold people go in first, but there was no set system after that. Normally people are called up in batches, which didn't happen. That was for one of the busy guests as well.

Aside from that, the instant photo print is truly amazing and defintely is one of the best moves ever made.

I very rarely post but wanted to say a special thanks to Showmasters for the best comic con I have been to yesterday

I am a fan of 80's movies and it was a dream come true to meet some of my favourite actresses from the 80's on Saturday,

Dee Wallace, Meg Foster and Adrienne Barbeau It was brilliant meeting all 3 ladies. I've met some really nice guests on Friday and Saturday including (Danny Glover, David Hasselhoff, Amanda Tapping, Sarah Wayne Callies all on Friday and Eve Myles on Saturday)

But Dee, Meg and Adrienne were by far the friendliest guests I have ever met. I have some nice chats with all three women and waited when their queues had died down.

I spoke to Dee about her spiritual healing work. Dee was superb and I would love to meet her again. I had a nice chat with

Meg (Meg if you are reading this you are absolutely awesome!) and we spoke about family and Adrienne about my favourite film she starred in Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death. I love the scream queen films from the 80's.

Adrienne mentioned to me that the director of this film later went under a different name to make the blockbuster hit Pretty Woman (starring Julia Roberts), which came as a complete surprise to me as the two films couldn't be any different.

I'd love to meet all 3 women again. I adore Adrienne.

Sarah, Amanda and Eve were brilliant and friendly and really put me at ease and my only regret was not being able to fit in my autographs with them done on the Friday instead of Saturday (unfortunately could only get 4 photo shoots done and 2 autographs on Friday, but gratefully made my Saturday far easier). In all I had 8 photo shoots over the 2 days and had all of those photo's signed by the guest.

Looking forward to the next event, Keep up the great work.

I would like to say a special hello to GoldenGreen, MinkyKnights and Clementine and everyone else I spoke to over the two days including the helpful staff made for an enjoyable weekend. I was really good speaking with all of you and wishing you all a great summer.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by BigDave
  • Like 3

Thanks Showmasters for a great day yesterday. I didn't have to queue a long time for anyone and got all the shoots and autographs I wanted. Only criticism I have is Peter Mayhew did not want to personalise my autograph which I was a bit surprised at for the £20 I paid, still very cool to get his autograph though. Thanks for a great day.

On the whole a fantastic day. Got there at 9:30 and was inside within 10 mins as the queue moved pretty quick. Went straight to the booth to buy my tickets for the photo shoots. I wanted Danny, Peter and Lena. I stood in this queue for an hour and a half to finally get to the front and be told that Lenas' shoot had sold out. Slightly upsetting but can't be helped I suppose so i opted for an autograph instead. The only thing i'm gonna do differently for future cons is order my photoshoots in advance.

Well done Showmasters for putting on a brilliant show :clap:

Thanks Showmasters for a great day yesterday. I didn't have to queue a long time for anyone and got all the shoots and autographs I wanted. Only criticism I have is Peter Mayhew did not want to personalise my autograph which I was a bit surprised at for the £20 I paid, still very cool to get his autograph though. Thanks for a great day.

I was there yesterday & also bought a signed photo from Peter Mayhew & he would'nt personalise mine either,sorry to hear it was the same for you,but also am glad I was'nt the only one,you know,never mind,I was also very sorry to see that he was in a wheelchair..

On the plus side though I had a photoshoot & then an autograph with Louise Jameson,which she did personalise "To Tom" (she was only too pleased to do that for me) I was so happy,she really made my 1st LFCC special,when I thanked her afterwards,I mentioned that too,she really is so lovely to her fans,bless her,such a sweet person,here's my photo,I'm going to frame it soon https://www.facebook...&type=3 :smile:

Edited by TomW1983

The only thing I didn't like was that the photoshoots were not being called up in number order. They had the gold people go in first, but there was no set system after that. Normally people are called up in batches, which didn't happen. That was for one of the busy guests as well.

Well that wasn't photoshoot A because I did call them up in batches, sometimes in 20s and 30s just to make sure it didn't get overcrowded in the queueing area.....

This is idle curiosity: does anyone know why some guests don't like to personalise their autos? I can understand if it's for time purposes, but when there isn't a queue, I can't really imagine why not.

I know,there was no one else queuing at the time I bought an autograph,I was very polite,of course,but Peter Mayhew just said no,bit of a disappointment,but never mind eh,as the old saying goes,you win some,you lose some :whistling:

This is idle curiosity: does anyone know why some guests don't like to personalise their autos? I can understand if it's for time purposes, but when there isn't a queue, I can't really imagine why not.

Not relevant to this weekend, but James Masters doesn't personalise due to an old hand injury that means signing actually leaves him in pain, so maybe some others don't personalise for medical reasons.

The only thing i'm gonna do differently for future cons is order my photoshoots in advance.

Or get there earlier ;)

My only answer to that is to get to London the night before. I got the first train of the day from where I live which was 6:30am and arrived at EC about 9:45. :smile:

I know,there was no one else queuing at the time I bought an autograph,I was very polite,of course,but Peter Mayhew just said no,bit of a disappointment,but never mind eh,as the old saying goes,you win some,you lose some :whistling:

I was there on the Friday (maybe it was saturday)& at first he just signed the 8x10, so I asked if he could please write it to me & he did personalise it. But I did notice it took awhile for him to write it & I had to repeat a couple of letters of my name to him. So it's very possible he was finding it quite difficult. To be honest if he does have difficulty with this I wish a 'No Personalisation' sign had been put up, I'd have happily gone without it to lessen any discomfort this might have brought to him. Same goes for the the guests who will not allow photo's at the signing table, I have no problem with a guest not wanting to, I just wish that crew would check with them before signing starts & put up the 'No Posed Photo' etc signs before the event starts. I overheard Kristianna (sp) Loken having to tell a guest that she couldn't do photo's at the table, but a shoot could be bought. It has to be very awkward for most of the guests/attendee's when this happens.

Edited by bonniesrg

well i got mine personalized and i had a lovely chat with about that incident at the airport, a really nice gentleman... big thumbs up for him!

I was there on the Friday (maybe it was saturday)& at first he just signed the 8x10, so I asked if he could please write it to me & he did personalise it. But I did notice it took awhile for him to write it & I had to repeat a couple of letters of my name to him. So it's very possible he was finding it quite difficult. To be honest if he does have difficulty with this I wish a 'No Personalisation' sign had been put up, I'd have happily gone without it to lessen any discomfort this might have brought to him. Same goes for the the guests who will not allow photo's at the signing table, I have no problem with a guest not wanting to, I just wish that crew would check with them before signing starts & put up the 'No Posed Photo' etc signs before the event starts. I overheard Kristianna (sp) Loken having to tell a guest that she couldn't do photo's at the table, but a shoot could be bought. It has to be very awkward for most of the guests/attendee's when this happens.

Ahh,I see,that's too bad about Peter not personalising his autographs to us fans,but I understand completely & yes "The No Personalisation" sign would have definitely solved the problem then we would have known that he would'nt personalise them in the 1st time,if one had been on his table of course,maybe next time.

But that aside I was very impressed with Showmasters,they did a fantastic job & anytime I was unsure of anything,a staff member was there to help me out,thanks guys,thanks so much :smile: