Guest cancellation - Claudia Black

Clarification...we WILL DEFINITELY be offered the refund for the Saturday morning talk won't we?...even if a decision for Amanda to do a solo talk is made - I do NOT want to go to this and definitely want my money back for BOTH tickets that I bought...£40 is a lot of money and I can use that for Winter LFCC....with all this talk about people being willing to pay for a solo Amanda talk I want to be reassured that those of us who don't, will get our refunds in the normal way, expedited as soon as feasible for Showmasters staff...

Thanks in advance..

If they were willing to let people return their tickets and get a refund in case they didn't want to attend the Amanda/Claudia panel instead of the Amanda/Michael one, I am fairly certain they will grant them the same thing now. And so far the Amanda solo talk is just wishful thinking, it seems many attendees want it but there's no guarantee it would actually happen.

Well I don't want to sound like an spam here but I have not had my Linda refund yet after 3 weeks and now I have another £50 floating around for Shanks & Tapping. I would like some sort of exchange credit for autograph tickets or other photo shoots for the weekend.I had my weekend planned and spent all my available cash but know I have to fork out again at the show for alternatives. I know this is beyond your control but I would expect replacements to the same value to use over the weekend.

• Like 1

If they're doing automatic refunds after the show they won't let you exchange at the show. Simply because they won't know who has and hasn't exchanged.

Thanks for confirming that. Shame there is no way to check who has and hasn't exchanged at the event by referencing ticket numbers that are handed back in with those that were bought and still need refunds (obviously not do the referencing at the event, but afterwards)

Edited by Catavich
  • Like 1

Such a shame about Claudia - but like most people on here I would much rather be able to exchange my Tapping/Shanks ticket for vouchers. SM will lose out if they do refunds because if they issue vouchers people will still be spending them at show, with a refund a lot of people won't be spending that money instead because they won't be getting it back in time for the show. When Michael cancelled it said that we could exchange the vouchers - I don't see how they can now say they won't. I don't have an extra £50 to spend whilst waiting for a refund - I want to exchange for vouchers!

Edited by Loxias
  • Like 2

Such a shame about Claudia - but like most people on here I would much rather be able to exchange my Tapping/Shanks ticket for vouchers. SM will lose out if they do refunds because if they issue vouchers people will still be spending them at show, with a refund a lot of people won't be spending that money instead because they won't be getting it back in time for the show. When Michael cancelled it said that we could exchange the vouchers - I don't see how they can now say they won't. I don't have an extra £50 to spend whilst waiting for a refund - I want to exchange for vouchers!

My point exactly , it's not rocket science to hand in your tickets and booking number and have credit issued in other autograph vouchers or photo shoots. All they have to do after the event is cancel the orders which have been used instead of doing refunds.This really is annoying as if my Linda refunds of £40 are not back on my card tomorrow I am £90 out of pocket for the event and it really is not suitable I want vouchers to reuse and not have to spend more money on cards which I don't have spare it's expensive enough as it is already.ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ALREADY SAID EARLIER YOU COULD HAVE VOUCHERS ! this is really unfair showmasters and not pleased in the least.

Edited by napalmbaby
  • Like 1

I booked my tickets a while ago and had my credit card replaced in the meantime, which now has a different number. I would prefer to have my tickets exchanged for vouchers like everyone here said, but at the moment I'm more concerned about actually receiving that refund at all. It's over £100 so not exactly a fluke. What's the best course of action in this case?

• Like 1

Well I will be going straight to the sales desk tomorrow evening and want vouchers to the value issued and hand my others in with my order number. This is not suitable to wait for weeks after the event when I require other photo shoots or autographs ... you should be allowed to use any existing credit owed to you first .... not a happy bunny.

• Like 1

I booked my tickets a while ago and had my credit card replaced in the meantime, which now has a different number. I would prefer to have my tickets exchanged for vouchers like everyone here said, but at the moment I'm more concerned about actually receiving that refund at all. It's over £100 so not exactly a fluke. What's the best course of action in this case?

I would say that it is best to pop to the sales desk at the show (try and go when it is quiet later in the afternoon), I am not sure that it is possible to refund to a different card, but it is worth checking.

If not, you can email the office to the address below including your order number and the card details you would like it paid to.

Well I will be going straight to the sales desk tomorrow evening and want vouchers to the value issued and hand my others in with my order number. This is not suitable to wait for weeks after the event when I require other photo shoots or autographs ... you should be allowed to use any existing credit owed to you first .... not a happy bunny.

Tbh if it's a long queue I wouldn't waste valuable time just to be refused.

I hope everything's okay with Claudia and her family. I also hope that we can get her back next summer!

I was going to exchange my Michael Shanks solo photoshoot ticket for a solo Claudia one, but of course that will now not be possible. Will I still be able to exchange my Michael Shanks ticket? Maybe for one of the autographs I want to get? It seems like a similar result to me.

Plus, as has already been stated, offering vouchers/exchanges if applicable rather than just refunds after the event only costs Showmasters money. Vouchers/exchanges keep the funds within the event and it really doesn't need to be such a messy affair. All you'd need is the order number, which we all have anyway if we have tickets. That, plus actually taking the ticket from the customer means that there'd be no risk of a request for refunds afterwards.

• Like 2

I wish her and family well, was excited to see her added this week as I was pleased to see another video game voice added mainly for Gears of War 3 hope to see her added again for next July.

Will now change to another voice that I just found out was in Halo 4.

Yea ditto but I mainly just knew her from voicing in Dragon Age and Uncharted. Hope all is ok though and hopefully will see her at a future event

Just wondering though who is the voice your referring to?

I was going to exchange my Michael Shanks solo photoshoot ticket for a solo Claudia one, but of course that will now not be possible. Will I still be able to exchange my Michael Shanks ticket? Maybe for one of the autographs I want to get? It seems like a similar result to me.

Yes, that is possible. The exchange was never limietd to just Claudia tickets.

• Like 1

What about the single Michael Shanks. I was going to swap my Friday photo for a Claudia but will these not be automatically refunded or is this something I need to sort at the event?

Edit. Ignore I posted this same time QS answered it for someone else

Edited by red8886

Thanks, Queen Sindel. I've had much cause to thank you over the past few days *lol*

It seems a bit off that an exchange is ok on the single shoots (Don't get me wrong Tulliver I'm pleased for you :smile: ) but not the joint one when I still want to keep the Amanda Tapping portion of the shoot and just swap the Michael Shanks half, thus making Amanda Tapping a single shoot. I know it isn't entirely as simple as that, but I don't even want vouchers in exchange, or the difference in cost back.

Is there no way an exchange could be done? I promise I won't mention it again now.

• Like 1

It seems a bit off that an exchange is ok on the single shoots (Don't get me wrong Tulliver I'm pleased for you :smile: ) but not the joint one when I still want to keep the Amanda Tapping portion of the shoot and just swap the Michael Shanks half, thus making Amanda Tapping a single shoot. I know it isn't entirely as simple as that, but I don't even want vouchers in exchange, or the difference in cost back.

Is there no way an exchange could be done? I promise I won't mention it again now.

You can ask at the sales table. But as SM said the double shoot would be refunded automatically I really can't promise anything. The mods have to go with what we are given for info, and the only info we have is that the refund will be done automatically.

• Like 1

You can ask at the sales table. But as SM said the double shoot would be refunded automatically I really can't promise anything. The mods have to go with what we are given for info, and the only info we have is that the refund will be done automatically.

Can you please try your best to try an sort some exchange system for autograph vouchers or other shoots especially if it's the identical same amount.

Can you please try your best to try an sort some exchange system for autograph vouchers or other shoots especially if it's the identical same amount.

Sorry, but this is not my call to make. The mods have forwarded the suggestion to SM. I'm afraid that's all we can do. This is not any decision the mods can take. It's up to SM in the end.

Ah that's a shame as I was quite excited by her last minute addition to the event. Family is important though and she needs to put that first which is fine. Hopefully you can get her for LFCC Winter, maybe along with Ben Browder and/or some other Farscape actors? That'd be most awesome! :D

I wish her and family well, was excited to see her added this week as I was pleased to see another video game voice added mainly for Gears of War 3 hope to see her added again for next July.

Will now change to another voice that I just found out was in Halo 4.

Yea ditto but I mainly just knew her from voicing in Dragon Age and Uncharted. Hope all is ok though and hopefully will see her at a future event

Just wondering though who is the voice your referring to?

ADRIENNE BARBEAU