Earls Court demolition plan approved...

Destination Star Trek London was held at the Excel last October and Show Masters were involved, it's got good facilities and is easy to access.

Good to hear we still have an option than..

DST was a good show but there were restrictions on what could be done there due to the other user of the venu. For LFCC it would be a non starter, which is a great shame as the location is great for me.

Edited by Alric

DST was a good show but there were restrictions on what could be done there due to the other user of the venu. For LFCC it would be a non starter, which is a great shame as the location is great for me.

Do you know what they were?

There are a few other places in London that can be used, I imagine its about the cost and transport locations which have to be taken into account though.

ExCel is a pain at the best of times considering they usually like to take down the DLR most weekends for engineering... i'm sure that would go down well.

This is the problem I had when I was at DSTL. The DLR closes so often on weekends it makes it a nightmare to get to. Earls Court is much much easier to reach especially as I get into London Victoria, only a few minutes on the tube! Failing that I could always get to West Brompton if the tube was closed,

Excel is a lot more limited when it comes to access via public transport which will not only restrict people to travelling one route but will also cause a huge bottleneck down the DLR! (assuming it's even open)

Well I for one have no experience of Olympia but after this weekend I hope that EC's planned demolition takes ages and gets wrapped up in red tape and legal battles for decades to come. It was a brilliant venue.

• Like 1

Really sad news that this has been confirmed.

Olympia was my least enjoyed con since i've started attending SM events. So, if EC goes first, then i'd hope we wouldn't go back to Olympia, it was a pain to get too not to mention just an odd layout outside and in.

To be honest, if ExCel would be an option, I think it's the best one. Lots of hotels close by, easy transport, even if it is just a little longer on the DLR and tube. It's a great newer venue with so much life. Plenty of room to grow into as well, so no worries about LFCC growing as it has done every year!

Fingers crossed for a good outcome for a stressful time. Good luck SM, I know it can't be easy to look at something like this with all views accounted for. x

I thought they were destroying Earls Court so Chelsea could build a new stadium there despite the fact they already have one!!!

Can you be a politician if you`re not corrupt and can you run a football club if you`re not a bunch of selfish...................................?????

I thought they were destroying Earls Court so Chelsea could build a new stadium there despite the fact they already have one!!!

Can you be a politician if you`re not corrupt and can you run a football club if you`re not a bunch of selfish...................................?????

Chelsea fan groups ,not the club itself ,own some of the Stamford bridge site including the pitch and they've said its not for sale for any redevelopment so Chelsea are staying put and not trying to go to Earls court or anywhere else.As much as i'd love to blame Chelsea :smile: the clubs not the problem here :thumbdown: boo chelsea.this will proberly get deleted but i'm posting it anyway. :clap:

I like Earls Court and it's easy for me to get to. It be a shame once its gone. Does Wembley still have its exhibition centre? That might be a place to use. A pain to get to but no worse than excel.

There's still a hell of a lot of wiggle room in Olympia - last year's con only used one of the halls, if I remember right.

Earls Court still has some room left, we have not moved in to hall 1 at all yet :)

Maybe put the film convention in one hall and the comic convention in the other? This could allow for more room to move about so the Merch can be browsed at a more lesiurly pace, more guests and more exhibits.

This won't happen for ages so there's no panic.

That doesn't solve the issue that the event is getting too big for Earls Court though.

EC1 at earls court has 2 levels, loads of space (and a conference centre connected to level 2 by lifts and stairs, good place for talks!)

LFCC was held on level 2 of ec1 one year i believe (the heroes fiasco, before my time) if anyone has been to an ideal home there, thats the space AND ec1 connects to ec2, so they could use ec1 and ec2 all on ground level!

• Showmasters Admin

we are at Earls Court for next year and for future years till and if anything moves forward with the plans , they have been taking about this sins we moved into this building 6 years ago , then if anything happens we just make Olympia our new home which has 3 times the space we have used in the past so its not a biggie really , we have a home for LFCC now and for ever , and as Olympia is a listed building nothing is going to happen there we we are cool .

a none story , but i know we will keep on hearing about it every year .

hope that helps

jason

• Like 3

we are at Earls Court for next year and for future years till and if anything moves forward with the plans , they have been taking about this sins we moved into this building 6 years ago , then if anything happens we just make Olympia our new home which has 3 times the space we have used in the past so its not a biggie really , we have a home for LFCC now and for ever , and as Olympia is a listed building nothing is going to happen there we we are cool .

a none story , but i know we will keep on hearing about it every year .

hope that helps

jason

Thanks Jason. Long live LFCC!