Can I ask a question, Literally :)

• Moderators

Yes, usually the majority (or all) questions at the talks are asked by audience members selected by the microphone-toting crew. And yes, sticking your hand up is the way to show you have a question ready.

• Like 1

Also keep an ear open in case your question is already asked/answered*. Remember one Dr.Who talk the same question was asked bout 4 times!! :rolleyes:

*granted not always possible due dodgy mic/not held properly or the noise if talk area is on main stage near entrance

Also keep an ear open in case your question is already asked/answered*. Remember one Dr.Who talk the same question was asked bout 4 times!! :rolleyes:

*granted not always possible due dodgy mic/not held properly or the noise if talk area is on main stage near entrance

Happen to Gillian Anderson too at LFCC 12, which when it is a big celeb is annoying & a waste of valuable talk time. If you are really listening and didn't hear the question, you should be able to deduce from the answer what the question was.

I may as well add my two cents here.

In talks, be original, if you can. Remember that those giving talks are susceptible (berlimey I'm really racking up the points for Scrabble today) to all kinds of questions. However its a complete and total waste of time to ask for requests that in some way may waste time. A few years back someone in the Dr Who talk asked for a photoshoot with everyone on stage. Yes, I'm sure to the person who asked it was nice for him, but not for others.

With John Hurt, some dude asked him to hold his bear, whilst others asked him more poignant questions to do with his career.

Last year... During Mitch Pileggi and Nicholas Leas photoshoot a French dude got up and asked for a photo with Mitch and Nicholas. WHY! Why the freakin Smeg do people not realise that thats just taking liberties?

And... During the PAID talk with Gillian Anderson, the girl who asked "Can I have a hug?" clearly an embarrassing and uncomfortable moment for THE headliner of last year who politely (and repeatedly) had to refuse... Then the girl started saying "Please? Please?" begging? Yes, ask for that during a photoshoot or when getting their Autographs but not during a talk,

• Like 1

People at these things will break the rules anyway. See it all the time with NO PHOTOS even in talks, people still take snaps. Why? Cos it's the only chance they'll ever get and their passion for the guest takes over their logical mind that would normally be strong enough to remind them the importance of rules.

That's just a bad excuse for not wanting to follow the rules. It's very simple, if something isnt allowed just don't do it. I can't understand why some people want to redraw the line.