Guest postponement - Michael Shanks updated 04/07/13

Big shame Michael can't make it, however, always happy when a guest is working! And hey, we can meet him in October.

To be honest, my main disappointment is that I won't be able to get a joint photo of Amanda and Michael - but c'est la vie, eh?

And because I'm a glass half full person, refunding on the joint photo and joint talk is £70 that is very welcome back into my bank account (I'm having a big year of theatre and concerts, so that's the cost of several tickets). To keep things straight, I may refund the Michael solo photo now, and then buy when it comes to the winter show, so I don't have any carry overs... I trust that's no hassle for SM, just an academic detail, but it helps me keep a big pile of show/concert/photo tickets straight ;)

Thanks SM for working to get a replacement guest for people. I've not watched anything with Claudia in myself, but plenty of others have :).

Edit - oh, and now two fewer photos to squeeze in and a talk to take time out for! I was worried my Saturday was a bit full (I'm sure I'd have got everything done), but that's a bit easier now.

See, things happen for good reasons.

Edited by Firecracker

One question about the postponement - If we decide to re-use our tickets for WLFCC can we just turn up on any of the 3 days (depending on if he is doing the 3 days) or are we stuck to using the same day as we had booked for this event?

Gutted about this - was so looking forward to the joint photoshoot. Will be getting a refund as I wanted them both in the shot, but definitely be getting Claudia's auto as I haven't met her before....

One question about the postponement - If we decide to re-use our tickets for WLFCC can we just turn up on any of the 3 days (depending on if he is doing the 3 days) or are we stuck to using the same day as we had booked for this event?

Normally they can be used on any of the days but I will get clarification.

ok have a friend who has tickets for the sunday photo shoot with Michael but would like to exchange them for the Claudia photo shoot on Saturday is that possible....they are for her daughter who can only attend on the Saturday and is a BIG Farscape fan.

Kriss

Yes, this is possible. No one said the swaps have to be for the same day.

Actually, would I be able to swap my photoshoot ticket for £50 worth of vouchers at the sales desk - would save doing a refund onto my card and I could then spend it on autographs straightaway?

Edit - doh, just noticed it says I can swap for vouchers. Awesome!

Edited by Loxias

*sigh* The first holiday I have had in over eleven years, and it's at the same time as WLFCC. Gutted that I won't get to meet him! Tbh I'd love to meet Claudia too, but the reason I preorder is because I HATE standing in that massive queue at the sales desk!!! So I guess I'll be posting mine back for a refund :( Oh well, best of luck to Michael, and hopefully he'll be back again in future years.

*sigh* The first holiday I have had in over eleven years, and it's at the same time as WLFCC. Gutted that I won't get to meet him! Tbh I'd love to meet Claudia too, but the reason I preorder is because I HATE standing in that massive queue at the sales desk!!! So I guess I'll be posting mine back for a refund :( Oh well, best of luck to Michael, and hopefully he'll be back again in future years.

Queues can be a lot shorter in the afternoon so if you are around mid to late afternoon then it might be worth getting your refund on the day. Will save the hassle of having to post the ticket back and waiting for the refund to be processed.

I fully sympathise as I hate queuing too!

Edited by clloby
  • Like 1

Really annoyed, was so looking forward to the joint photoshoot with Amanda and Michael, nothing against Claudia Black but having been a fan of stargate for years I was so excited to meet Michael, I know I can ask for a refund but if I did that and just wanted an Amanda photo I will get a higher number ticket even though I booked and paid for it ages ago, fair enough I would get a ticket refund if I decide not to go but I have put a lot of money into this weekend and it's a bit late in the day so wouldn't get a refund on my hotel for two nights and my train back and forth and coming from Scotland it isn't cheap, I know guests are entitled to pull out but this late in the day seems a bit unfair to me.

• Showmasters Admin

i really do not understand why you would be worried about a high number on the photo ops if you got a ticket under 400 you would go in the first shoot if you go over 400 then you would be in the second shoot if you were so unlucky to be number 400 the last of the first shoot it might take you a hour ? but realistically its going to take you 40 mints tops and you can keep coming back and checking on the line if you have to pop off to do another thing ? so getting a high number i really do not see it being a big issue this year as alot of the bigger photo ops are split so help everyone ?

just my thoughts ?

jason

• Like 1

Queues can be a lot shorter in the afternoon so if you are around mid to late afternoon then it might be worth getting your refund on the day. Will save the hassle of having to post the ticket back and waiting for the refund to be processed.

I fully sympathise as I hate queuing too!

posting it back/waiting for a refund isn't really a problem for me - I'm not in any particular hurry for the money, I've budgeted well! Tbh if I was going to bother queueing, I'd swap it for a Claudia ticket rather than get a refund. I guess if I have a gap, and the queues happen to be super short, I might see about swapping it, but it probably won't happen, so I'm fine with posting it back. Stuff happens, y'know? Mainly just gutted about missing Michael at WLFCC

I know guests are entitled to pull out but this late in the day seems a bit unfair to me.

I was so looking forward to Michael being there, too - but we do know it's always a risk that they'll have to pull out. If there was a contract or a social norm or whatever that actors had to turn down filming work to attend the cons they were booked for, I'm pretty sure they'd stop agreeing to attend cons altogether. If you are an actor, paid filming work has to come first. My ex is in the business (editor) and filming can be unpredictable. It sucks, but it's nobody's fault.

(And from a purely selfish point of view, as much as I want to see him at a con, I'm much more keen on having more TV shows with him in them to watch!)

• Like 2

To explain about my being annoyed. I wasn't saying I am annoyed because Michael has to work instead of attending the convention, he has to work that's fair enough, I am just annoyed that it is so late in the day for me to be able to cancel everything I booked to be able to go and see him, it isn't just the price of the ticket I would lose or get refunded it's the price of the hotel and transport too. yes if they didn't work we wouldn't be fans of them so obviously we want them to work but equally so we are fans, the people who watch and it would be nice if they could honour their commitments and give something back to the fans, it's not just the 100 pounds for the tickets, it's expensive for London hotels and travel from Scotland. I could sit here with rose tinted glasses on and say hey it doesn't matter that I'm going all the way to see Michael and now he isn't going so it's a waste of a trip to me or I can be honest and say it's annoying, which it is.

I can sort of see both sides of the argument.

I agree that if you are coming all this way just to see Michael and then he cancels you would be pretty annoyed. I mean if the main guest that you are coming to see cancels you are bound to be a bit miffed.

However its not showmasters fault as if you made it a contractual obligation many people would refuse as their could be a chance that they are called back to filming. So on that basis im willing to risk it based on getting more guests.

Its not Micheal's fault either because he has to let someone down if he came here and not filmed it would the cast, crew, studio etc or us. (i know there is legal and monetary things here as well)

So there are no answers!

:D

• Showmasters Admin

We fully understand it's annoying when it happens but timing is not something anyone can control. SM can't say to a guest once it's 2 weeks before an event that's it you can't cancel under any circumstances.

In this case it's days and for a job, we've had guests pull out with hours notice because of family issues, an accident, illness, missed flights, lost passport, the list is endless and can affect anyone of us at any time. We've had a guest have to leave halfway through the day because they got a phone call saying their daughter had just been rushed into surgery.

Sometimes.....Life happens!

I can sort of see both sides of the argument.

I agree that if you are coming all this way just to see Michael and then he cancels you would be pretty annoyed. I mean if the main guest that you are coming to see cancels you are bound to be a bit miffed.

However its not showmasters fault as if you made it a contractual obligation many people would refuse as their could be a chance that they are called back to filming. So on that basis im willing to risk it based on getting more guests.

Its not Micheal's fault either because he has to let someone down if he came here and not filmed it would the cast, crew, studio etc or us. (i know there is legal and monetary things here as well)

So there are no answers!

:D

Thank you for seeing both sides, I too see both sides and I'm not trying to blame anyone, just stating my disappointment :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

Trust me we all understand, we're all geeks here. I went all the way to the US to miss getting to meet the Chuck cast because a staff member gave us the wrong information and we missed entering the queue by 30 minutes ><