Tips to preseve photos

As I do have some photoshoots booked and also want to collect some autographs I was wondering if you have any tips to preserve those. In the years I have collected a bunch of photos and autographs, so I don't want them to go to fade or anything. Thanks! :smile:

Edited by Cyrus

Not the cheapest, but www.arrowfile.com have lots of different sizes of sleeves for long term storage of photos etc. and ring binder albums to store them in. Including a sleeve that hold 4 photos exactly the right size for SMs photo op photos.

I have bought some polyester pockets for the photos and autographs we get at LFCC. After we get them home we just have to work out the best way to display them on our walls!

To protect the photos at the con I bought (from someones suggestion) a clipboard with a cover to it. I will put the photos in the polyester pockets and then clip them in the clipboard and that will stop them getting bent. Due to the Nerd herd bag I will have it will fit perfectly inside :smile:

I have always used these, they are proper archiving products and are the same price as the hard ones. I can not stress enough the plea not to buy the hard ones. I have lost a Jennifer Aniston auto in one of these. I know people are saying only get them or travelling, but what about when you get home where do you keep them!! These people have been attending shows for ages and their pockets are great I really do recommend them. http://www.franksautographs.com/default.html

• Like 1

Thank you all for the tips and advise. Some of them look pretty neat, but also kinda expensive :blush: But then again, it could be worth it in the end. I'll go through all of them again and see what suits me most. And I'll probably stop by at the stall at LFCC :smile:

Art shops & The Works now sell thin A4 plastic boxes. These aren't too bulky, they are light, and they let you carry multiple photos without them getting bent corners etc. Also, if the ink is still wet on an autograph, you can put it on the top and it has a little time to dry. Also useful for anything which doesn't fit well in a plastic sleeve such as cardboard stuff.

Like a couple of people have mentioned, I tend use Franks autographs. Used have on their website what cons they'd be attending but can't spot but sure they said they would be here when spoke to them at MK. Should they be here, be v.surprised if they ain't, they've always been happy to talk to people about storing their signatures and various other items so you could always go up and ask.

• Like 1

I have been collecting autographs for over 10 years. All mine are stored in folders that I have bought from Staples. I usually pay around £6-£7 per soft folder with 40 pockets in. To date I have had experienced absolutely no problems with either the photographs or autographs stored within them.

http://www.staples.c...-display-book-2

Please find a link above to the type of folder I am talking about. They vary from 10, 20 and 40 pockets per folder.

Edited by clloby