improvements on last years event to help make your weekend better

• Showmasters Admin

every year we have a debrief around two weeks after the show to understand what worked what did not work and what can be improved , we get feed back from all of you over the weekend and from our crew that work the event and see things we sometimes do not see before hand.

we try to make the event more fun , run smother, and try to grow it year in year out and also look to to see that we did fix the things that did not work so well the year before.

Sins last year we brought in instant photo shoot photo pick ups, so now no delays no whiting around and we can do the photo ops till later on in the day giving us more photo ops being posable over the day , so this was a very big step for us to get it right for you and over this last year this system has been proven and works very well so i think you will all be pleased, its something that was needed and we now have the best system than enemy event company in the world.

The static photo ops people really love these and again we plan to deliver 2 or 3 of these at each event , we have some great ideas planed for you all as long as there is the demand we will push the envelop and bring you more exciting static photo ops to come.

Gold pass holders we have tried to improved your experience this year with greeting you outside and getting the wristbands issued to you before the door opens giving you the freedom to just go in and get on with the show with out having to queue up to register so you should all have a better time at the show.

we have more crew at this event than ever before to help make your days go smoothly and to be there to help you all.

The guests we have this year are because over the last few years we have made major inroads with some of the agents and some of the guests that have passed on a good word about us and each year we are able to reach a bigger selection of really cool guests , you want the rare and cool guests and we work hard to deliver them to you, we will keep on trying to go for the bigger names out there that we have never had so keep supporting us and spreading the word about our events and we will keep on going to close the best guests we can get.

This year we had so many unprecedented pre order of tickets around 40% more than prevues years , this did catch us out a little.

All is well now and as of Monday the 1st of July everyones tickets have been sent out , we have a system nearly ready to unleash to cope with the incredible numbers of ticket sales and also improve the service we provide you.

so we are aware this needs improving and we have this worked out and you should see this coming into play over the next few months , up till then we have to thank the amazing Mara and Jo that hold it all together and work so hard on the run up to the show, there work should be much easier in the next few months ;-)

This years the hall is bigger than ever before so there is the space to move around and see what you need to see and do, i can tell you now next year we have some really cool things underway and "we are going to need a bigger hall" :-) but we are ready for that :-) and have been planning this for some time now ;-)

Anyway just a few things that we have improved or are improving , there is much more to do and to come as we know our job is never done .

we do hope you enjoy our show, we are all very prod of what we do and we could not do any of this with out you all so thank you for your continued support , we will not let you down .

thank you for making a fans dream come true .

see you all there soon

Jason :WAVE:

• Like 10

Really looking forward to this year's event!

For the first time ever I pre-ordered my tickets and have saved up more than twice what I usually spend in anticipation of the two days I am going to be there! :dance:

The **ONLY** thing I would say is ... can we get some chairs put around the place, please? :smile:

Every year I see so many people sitting on the cold, hard floor because there's just nowhere for them to rest. It would be great if we could have chairs all along one wall or even a seating area off in one corner or something ...

• Like 6

I agree with Stenun, the only thing I would ask for during an otherwise excellent event, is more seats around the venue. I have trouble with my back, hips, and legs, and spent the majority of last year sitting on the floor which was very uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Yes, some chairs would be good, especially for a breather from running between photo shoots all day !

Glad to hear about the new system coming in for pre-orders and the new instant photo system is a great improvement, all things that help the days run more smoothly.

• Like 1

Instant photos really is the best improvement I've witnessed. Can't believe I had a photo taken at midday and I'm there till the bitter end standing around a crowded table looking for it haha.

Thanks for the updates and its nice that you listen to the comments, even the negative ones.

Looking forward to Sunday!

The instant photos are great, a really good idea. At the last event if it printed we were only allowed to keep one, please this time if in the off chance the photographer takes two and it automatically prints two can we keep the two :) I always have a laugh at the silly poses that my face ends up doing!

The collection of photos straight away is fantastic, at DSTL I had my print within seconds of picking my bag up?

I think chairs around the walls of the con could be quite good, a lot of people just plank their bum down around the edges or randomly sit in annoying places. Having seats may help so,e that can't stand all day.

Automatic E-Tickets with a QR code/bar code may help with the processing and postage of cards, it might cost a bit to get set up and running but the long term benefits would be great to showmasters as the tech could be used across all your shows for years freeing up the time used for dealing with orders plus I feel more people would pre order this way.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend, thanks again Jason and the whole crew for amazing guests this year and the GoT screening!

The instant photos are great, a really good idea. At the last event if it printed we were only allowed to keep one, please this time if in the off chance the photographer takes two and it automatically prints two can we keep the two :) I always have a laugh at the silly poses that my face ends up doing!

I managed to keep both my Brent Spiner ones from a couple of years back, I guess it might depend on the photographer! ;P Was a nice surprise to get the 'free' print.

I managed to keep both my Brent Spiner ones from a couple of years back, I guess it might depend on the photographer! ;P Was a nice surprise to get the 'free' print.

You used to be able to keep all two. Unfortunately people have been abusing the priviledge and tried to get extra "bad" shots on purpose hoping they'd turn out okay and they'll be handed both. So now you are only allowed to keep one.

You used to be able to keep all two. Unfortunately people have been abusing the priviledge and tried to get extra "bad" shots on purpose hoping they'd turn out okay and they'll be handed both. So now you are only allowed to keep one.

Well. This is why we can't have nice things. :/