what are you looking forward to this year, help us to give you more at

• Showmasters Admin

we would love to get some feed back on the things you feel are the aspect of the event that you like this year and would like to see more of in future events .

we have been and do listen to try and get it right for you all and deliver more of what you want to do and see .

so lets here what you have to say and we will try to deliver you more over the next few events.

not long now so see you soon

Jason

Hello,

Guests to do special photoshoot's in costume (and with props) would be brilliant! Like Doctor Who actor Ian McNiece, when he puts on glasses and pretends to smoke a cigar when taking a photo. Making it extra special (especially having dressed up yourself).

chugs-in-credible

Edited by chugs-in-credible
  • Like 1

I've said this before, but group / themed photo sessions are always appealing. If the DS9 one happens, it will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Shanks & Tapping is great too. I wish there would have been more though - a Dee Wallace and Robert MacNaughton with the ET prop would have been great, and would also have saved time that will be spent going to two separate sessions for them. And more in-costume shoots. Lost track of the amount of times I've suggested Jeremy Bulloch in costume. As much as I do like talks, I the busier shows leave me less free time to attend them, so I hardly go to any anymore. It's for that reason that I don't buy any talk tickets, as much as I'd like too. If we don't get the schedule till the last minute, how can I spend money on something that I may not be able to attend? Talks outwith the show hours (like the ones in Milton Keynes used to be) solve that problem.

Edited by Zagreus

• Showmasters Admin

talk times effect photo ops times and everyone wants us not to clash anything that they may want to both do ?

if anyone just stopped and thought about what gos into a schedule for the weekend you would see its a very hard thing to do and when we are still in talks with guest to do things that we may pull off we feel its best to complete them when everything is closed that we can close or we might miss something amassing that a film company is offering ?.

so looking in on this it might seem easy but its far from it , i know we would like to just close it and get it up and out there but we want to do the best for you all and we try to pull of amazing things last minuet if we can ;-)

as to costumes on guests well we ask and we think things up just like you do , but we cannot tell a guest you have to do this , they have to want to do this themselves so its not from the want of trying my friend.

we are going to do more group shoots but they will only be sold on the day and they will not be for many people as they end up being expensive as everyone in the shoot need so to get paid , so they will be for sale only on the day like the DS9 group shot this year.

ok i think that responds to your points i hope you have a great weekend at the event.

see you soon

jason

• Like 1

A few more seats would be really helpful...some of us are ageing fast and find getting up and down from the floor quite hard these days...and the food areas should, quite rightly, be left for those who are eating or drinking food bought in the arena....

Things I'm looking forward to:

• The silent auction is a great idea, hope this continues every year
  • Friday guests! I love the Friday night, it makes the Saturday so much more chilled out as I can get some much done then
  • The bigger comic presence
  • The massive Game of Thrones presence, keep that up!

we are going to do more group shoots but they will only be sold on the day and they will not be for many people as they end up being expensive as everyone in the shoot need so to get paid , so they will be for sale only on the day like the DS9 group shot this year.

So looking forward to the DS9 shoot! :clap: Any idea on cost, please, Jason? I checked the initial thread in the Guest days and prices post but may have missed it elsewhere.

The only comment I could make would be for a few more chairs.

Different medical problems - and as has been said, ageing - can affect people in so many different ways.

I know this may not be possible as it would take up a lot of room.

But you do everything else so, so well there's nothing else I could even suggest!

Just a huge thankyou for everything you do for all of us. x :blush:

I'm going to echo the extra seating call, I am not old, nor disabled but have suffered a bad back injury in the past which means standing or sitting for long periods really takes its toll. Even if it's just somewhere to sit to put you autos and pictures away safely without people bumping into you and bending them (yes that has happened in the past, without an apology)

• Like 1

I am ridiculously excited for everything, but I have to say I think the prop photo opportunities are a really good idea. Particularly for more casual visitors - my friends who are coming with me for example, only have a very small budget but they can easily afford to get a photo with the iron throne which I think makes it a lot more exciting for them especially, as they're only seeing one or two guests. That's not really a suggestion though, more of a comment. I also look forward to talks and panels and stuff, I think it's good particularly for the busier guests that won't be able to talk much when signing as you actually get to hear them talk about their characters etc.

More guests that are main characters from popular 80s films.

I echo the above...

That being said this is an amazing event, the guests are fantastic seeing as I love GOT, TWD and Movies( Danny Glover is the headliner for me)

Cant really think of any more improvements, my biggest bug bare was always the Photo tables etc but that has been well and truly resolved.

I wish Photoshoot mumbers had more releavnce but i can see what a nightmare that is to organise on the day with the numbers so its no biggy.

It is amazing to see how the Showmasters events have grown and taken leaps and bounds in the last few years.

They really are something I look forward too through the year!

I

So the DS9 shoot will only be available to purchase on Saturday or sunday (depending on day of shoot). We will not be able to purchase this on Friday?

Currently looking forward to... everything.

Sounds cheesy but there's nothing more I would ask for. :)

I totally agree with you Katelannister, I'm excited for everything!!

I love the prop shoots, so much fun and inexpensive. The talks are great too. I couldn't afford it if you added anything else, there's so much awesomeness already :smile:

I agree with the previous posts about getting more seats though.

Ahh! How am I supposed to get any work done this week, I'm way too hyped up!

I agree with seating. That's always been the only issue I had each year. Due to very limited seating the only option alot seems to just sit on the floor. As someone who is disabled AND a cosplayer this is very uncomfortable and worrying ( can I get back up, will I mess my costume) but I need the rest. Two years ago I was in actual tears my back had locked after trying to get up from the floor, the pain was so intense.

That's my only ever complaint. Everything else is amazing

Edited by dreamsphere3
  • Like 1

This year is going to be our first visit to LFCC. We are really looking forward to it! After the event I will try a do a bit of a report on what we did and what we thought of the event. But one thing I can say so far is please don't ever change your tickets to cheapy rubbish ones.

There are too many events that want you to pay a fortune for a ticket to a concert or some sporting event, then they don't want to supply to a ticket (I am looking at you ticketmaster). You might have to pay a couple of quid for a text message or an e ticket but I still want a proper ticket that has the information on it that I can keep to show what I have been to.

I am really looking forward to Sat and Sunday. :)

Like Pod' this will be my first LFCC so i'm just looking forward to the experience but going on past experience at another SM/ME event seats would have been useful. People were sitting on the floor with their backs to the barriers and this was bending them back onto the guests and people had to keep coming out and shooing them off...

I'm most looking forward to the talks, didn't get a chance at the other event due to getting 6 guests with high numbered tickets. Gold pass this time so should be able to take it all in...

• Like 1

I would love to see larger Cast attendence.

-Much like over in the US.

I know this singles out alot of attendees/audience, but it would be great to have a panel/talk along with signing/photos with one particular cast of a popular show. (I know you guys have seperate cons for this kind of thing, but these could work really well at Key events like LFCC)

I would love to see more Cast members of the following shows:

• The Walking Dead
  • Breaking Bad
  • Dexter
  • House MD
  • How I met your Mother

etc...