Hot Hot Hot! I am unsure if anyone has checked the weather?!

I have just checked the weather for next weekend 0% chance of rain for all three days, sunny and hot!

24-25*C http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-UKOL0014:1:UK

That is the forecast for Earls Court, London.

Does anyone know what those 500ml bottle ice packs are called and where to find them?

Are caps acceptible indoors?

Will this be a problem for inks after items & photos are signed, should we handle any different?

What are peoples thoughts on those hand eletric fans?

If anyone else has suggestions about keeping cool add them please :)

The weather forecast will probably change at least half a dozen times before then so I wouldn't worry about it.

If it is warm, wear light clothing and drink plenty of water so you don't dehydrate. And if you're one of those people who sweat a lot keep some deodorant handy.

Edited by dwarfbabe
  • Like 1

Don't recall Earls Court 's air con being especially cold, with a record attendance in prospect, and the facility fairly old, it's bound to be a tad warm whilst lining up for photo ops when so many people are crammed together.

Shame this isn't in the MK stadium, would of be perfect weather wise for once!

I was absolutely freezing in the MK Dons stadium on the Saturday this year! Drove down from Glasgow and forgot to take a jacket, Doh!

This is Britain! Who actually ever listens to or indeed believes in weather forecasts?

For those of you who are old as me, or your Mums and Dads may know this, who could ever forget Michael Fish's infamous weather bulletin in 1987?

• Like 6

I was absolutely freezing in the MK Dons stadium on the Saturday this year! Drove down from Glasgow and forgot to take a jacket, Doh!

Cold? Was too crowded to feel cold. And you are from Glasgow??

Yeah I'm from Glasgow, I got there at 8 and stood in Jenna's queue from where Gillian's started so by the time I was in I was rather cold, inside the dealers section was warm though!

Edit: I only had a tshirt, no hoodie or anything, haha, just realised what you meant from Glasgow quote! Lol

Edited by DarthSharkey

Yeah I'm from Glasgow, I got there at 8 and stood in Jenna's queue from where Gillian's started so by the time I was in I was rather cold, inside the dealers section was warm though!

Edit: I only had a tshirt, no hoodie or anything, haha, just realised what you meant from Glasgow quote! Lol

I'm from up near Inverness, but live in Essex now and very rarely find it cold. I'm often wearing a t-shirt when the natives have their winter jackets on, lol. I'll let you off about being cold at 8, was a bit chilly early on, but come the afternoon, when it was really crowded I was pretty warm, and the dealers section was far too warm for me. I was just wearing a t-shirt too. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Emma we are coming down from Inverness been pretty hot up here so its been tshirt weather for a while.

I dont ever remember it being too hot inside Earl's Court and we have been down for a few scorchers.

• Like 1

Take water - I seem to remember there being a Crussh inside the venue last year, so they'd do cold smoothies.

And no matter how good a deoderant is at 7 or 8am, it'll probably need reapplying during the day, so bring some with you. Not just for your fellow geeks, but for the actors who have to get close to you ;-)

As for fans, a paper or battery-operated fan might help you, good idea. Failing that, a magazine or something ;)

• Showmasters Admin

hi everyone

3 years ago we had a very hot day at the show all we did is turn up the air con to accommodate, it will not be freezing as that would not be good for anyone , but it will be just nice , its not in our interest to bake the fans or the guests over the weekend and the venue is well acquitted to deal with this heat.

do not worry its all good

see you soon

jason

• Like 2

Ah thats better 23*C , already ordered two hand fans today. Found one cheap from Babz for £1.48, and I've purchased lots water today.

Someone tell the resturant inside earls court to sell lots of ice cream :thumbup:

A crush shoudn't be a concern this year as it is a different venue from last year, as for deoderant sprays why not bring body whipes just to freshen up and bin after and don't release particles if anyone does plan to use these try to use them away from others when using sprays.

Thanks for a confirmation about the air con :thumbup:

Edited by GamerGraph