How many of you have costumes?

If you're going as Frodo, can I run around after you going 'Mr Frodo, Mr Frodo!'

I have been looking for Frodos!!

And Frodo in Shelob's lair, thats cool! But you should be all wrapped up in twine....with a blue face:D:D

If you need any tips on looking beaten up, I'm sure you saw my legs at lfacc ;)

I shall insist on it, Nickwise! ;) I promiss I won't send you away and go off with Gollum :D

I'm experimenting with silly string to get the web look. Dunno if it'll work :lol: I'm Frodo before Shelob stings him- I figured it would anoy people if they had to keep steping over a seemingly dead, mumified hobbit ;):D But I could go round foaming at the mouth :P Attractive!

Silly string idea is rather fetching, but I agree, stepping over near mummified half dead halfling not too convenient....lol!

Foaming at the mouth....hehehehe

In that case, I shall be running after you shouting 'Mr Frodo' and I am glad you won't abandom me for Gollum, though if Andy Serkis took me by the hand, I couldn't say no......*giggles*

:P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going in Eowyns green dress. and I've started to chicken out.

lol, and its nowhere finished either!!!

Eeep, I have no idea how to attach the yoke.

Stupid Simplicity. Not so simple as it advertises to be!

Im going as Arwen in her dark blue dress with the red sleaves from ROTK.

Sam you said you wanted me to e mail you, what do you need me to email you about? I havnt been on my email for a while.

Jay (Gears?!?) said that you would make me a cloak so we can march in, I will give you the money for that on the Saterday if it is ok for you to make it, I know you must be busy too.

Is the marching going ahead? I so hope it is, Im really lookinig forward to C5

Naomi

:huh:

Edited by Silent Bob (silent? Me?)

Am going as....

a Shieldmaiden (look on the Members Mugshot page)

As an UNOFFICIAL slash pairing of Dom and Billy as Billy!

I'm going as :

Arwen

And Dom to Kiki's Billy ( Unofficial Slash pairing)

Ren

xxx

Kiki and Ren you realise you've stolen mine and Karamel's idea.

I'm going as Eowyn Shieldmaiden and Billy Boyd, and I've had it planned for almost 4 months. So has Karamel shes my Dom and we arranged it together 4 months ago. But we're the officials because my mum decided to call us that cause it was our idea originally

The Official Hobbits of CollectorMania and London Film and Comic Con events

Smaug - Elijah Wood

KaramelRose - Dominic Monaghan

Nomi-Noo - Sean Astin

Naurarwen - Billy Boyd

Hey now, what's wrong with having two sets of Dom and Billy? The more the merrier right? Plus, you guys get to compare your outfits and have fun talking to someone who is also being...well, you for the day! I think it sounds fun :P Besides, you could have Dom & Billy fights!

Stupid Simplicity. Not so simple as it advertises to be!

Patterns are evil! They like to tell you that they take 2 hours to make a replica, but secretly it takes ten years, 24 hours a day, non-stop work. Good luck with getting it done! It'll be worth it :P

I have my costumes 75% finnished.

Saturday im going as Black Cat from Spiderman.

See 30% finnished version here http://www.eqknights.co.uk/temp/cat2.jpg

Added to that costume needs - the right wig - white gloves and fur cuff - a bra that makes my boobs not squash like pancakes - darn latex - so squashy lol

On the Sunday I'm going as Lara Croft

See the old version here http://www.planetlara.com/pics/lookalikes/Beks03.jpg

I now have a latex top and New rock Boots and a better color bag and bigger guns hehhe

I'm going as Gandalf the Grey!!!

I have all my material i just have to actually make it! i'm actually wearing my hat now!!

I also need a beard and to decid whethr to actually do the staff because oi have a homemade staff (grown - tree branch!) that was perfect! but it's quite big so it's whether i try and sort it out, get it there, make sure i don't leave it behind, hit anyone with it and then get it back again!!! so i don't know about the staff but otherwise i'm pretty much sorted!

Am going as....

I'm going as :

Arwen

Ren

xxx

I'm going as Eowyn Shieldmaiden and Billy Boyd, and I've had it planned for almost 4 months. So has Karamel shes my Dom and we arranged it together 4 months ago. But we're the officials because my mum decided to call us that cause it was our idea originally

Smaug - Elijah Wood

Nomi-Noo - Sean Astin

Naurarwen - Billy Boyd

Firstly if you actually read my post I'm going as A Shieldmaiden NOT Eowyn!

Secondly I highly doubt that just because you arranged it four months ago and your mother decided to call you official that you are official. To be official you either have to have SM permission and backing OR you have to have Billy/Dom's backing.... or indeed be them!

Thirdly I dislike the word "stolen" it implies that we are actually thieves.

Fourthly I think only having only four "Official" hobbits (which may I point out that should be Hobbit Actors) is elitist and excludes people from having fun merely because they are not part of the group, which wasn't the impression I got from this forum.

I'm sorry you can't be unique, but as for the fact I'll be walking round in a mini kilt and a black shirt I highly doubt anyone will notice that we are in fact supposed to be Billy and Dom, so go ahead and think of yourselves as unique.

I thank you for your time and hope you don't spot me at C5...

Am going as....

I'm going as :

Arwen

Ren

xxx

Smaug - Elijah Wood

Nomi-Noo - Sean Astin

Naurarwen - Billy Boyd

Secondly I highly doubt that just because you arranged it four months ago and your mother decided to call you official that you are official. To be official you either have to have SM permission and backing OR you have to have Billy/Dom's backing.... or indeed be them!

Fourthly I think only having only four "Official" hobbits (which may I point out that should be Hobbit Actors) is elitist and excludes people from having fun merely because they are not part of the group, which wasn't the impression I got from this forum.

I'm sorry you can't be unique, but as for the fact I'll be walking round in a mini kilt and a black shirt I highly doubt anyone will notice that we are in fact supposed to be Billy and Dom, so go ahead and think of yourselves as unique.

ok plz no one start arguing here!!

i don't know quite how this started but plz stop it now!

both of you need to sit down and sort this out, i think some things have been misread and i don't want another forum arguement so both of u plz sort it, i don't want to be involved in some small way in an argument!

I have my costumes 75% finnished.

Saturday im going as Black Cat from Spiderman.

See 30% finnished version here http://www.eqknights.co.uk/temp/cat2.jpg

Added to that costume needs - the right wig - white gloves and fur cuff - a bra that makes my boobs not squash like pancakes - darn latex - so squashy lol

On the Sunday I'm going as Lara Croft

See the old version here http://www.planetlara.com/pics/lookalikes/Beks03.jpg

I now have a latex top and New rock Boots and a better color bag and bigger guns hehhe

awesome black cat outfit, makes me want to go as spidey :unsure:

Am going as....

I'm going as :

Arwen

Ren

xxx

Smaug - Elijah Wood

Nomi-Noo - Sean Astin

Naurarwen - Billy Boyd

firstly seems I read your post wrong and I apologise

secondly we arranged it a very long time ago. beginning of the year actually which was oh 4 months ago. also I spoke to billy boyd at lfacc and mentioned the Hobbit Safety Dance and how if we could get an Elijah then we wanted to become official and he liked the idea

and I do want ot meet you cause I'm interested in what youll be wearing. and i like to take pics

Aaaaannnnd I walk in the middle of something....

Any way...i'm going as a Helms Deep Elf and Elijah Wood. Elijah's costume is 100% finished and the helms deep one is just being annoying.

And I still need to make Sam's helmet....tarnation...

I've got my costume finished for C5 and have started on ideas for C6 too (lots of red gingham required for that one!!!!) and I can pretty much guarantee that you wont miss me!!!!

would that be Rimmer by any chance?

we were thinking of each going as a diferent Rimmer for C6: Ace, Me2, boufon haired Rimmer, mad Rimmer etc But I dont think we are gonna do that now, dunno.

Naomi

:D

I've got my costume finished for C5 and have started on ideas for C6 too (lots of red gingham required for that one!!!!) and I can pretty much guarantee that you wont miss me!!!!

would that be Rimmer by any chance?

we were thinking of each going as a diferent Rimmer for C6: Ace, Me2, boufon haired Rimmer, mad Rimmer etc But I dont think we are gonna do that now, dunno.

Naomi

:blush:

Aye that would be the one!!

I think it would look quite good if there were a bunch of different Rimmers around...It'd be Rimmerworld all over again!! :D

Well my costums STILL arent finnished and im set to wear them in 7 days time at Memorabillia :wub: Im still waiting for 2 of the pieces to be shipped from America! :wub:

Im sure they will be ready for Collectormania cause i have to wear them 2 weeks before LOL - i just hope they are ready in time!

Well my costums STILL arent finnished and im set to wear them in 7 days time at Memorabillia :wub: Im still waiting for 2 of the pieces to be shipped from America! :wub:

Im sure they will be ready for Collectormania cause i have to wear them 2 weeks before LOL - i just hope they are ready in time!

Who are you going as?

Eowyn is finished!

I'm doing the blue and brown refugee dress with the side lacings. Loving it!

The wig is so fun to wear! I'm trying to find ouut what shoes she wears, but the dress is long enough so I don't think it'l matter!

Look forward to seeing all the costumes there!