Guest announcement Astronaut Bruce McCandless

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

One of the nicest guys you will ever meet, Bruce Mccandless was the first astronaut to fly in space untethered using the MMU which he helped to develop. Bruce has been on two shuttle missions STS41-B and STS 31. He has logged over 4 hours flying untethered and served as capcom during the Apollo 11 mission.

Unknown-1_zpsa3fe4048.jpeg

Unknown_zps78a57cea.jpeg

Unknown-2_zpsa8038478.jpeg

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

The basic facts about collecting Apollo astronaut era autographs, is that none of them are getting any younger.

We are trying to get as many as we can over before they decide to stop flying transatlantic.

When the Apollo days are over you guys will still have all those wonderful memories of meeting these great men.

Dave Phillips

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Would it be possible to get autograph photos at the table which shows Bruce as he was CapCom during Apollo 11? It would be nice,because we have the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11 this year.

Thanks.

A 45th anniversary-photoshoot of Buzz and Bruce, the "Moonwalker And His CapCom",would be great as well.

Best

Helmut

I'm not sure how many photos of Bruce as Capcom for Apollo 11 there actually are. I contacted a well known space artist, who also does a good line in photos, some years ago to ask if he had any. The only ones he was able to send me where some very general shots of mission control where you could just about make Bruce out. Not to say they don't exist of course but I've never been able to find any.