What time will be people be queuing from?

Haha please relax.. i've been to loads of conventions, just 'new' to the showmasters one.. But no, i won't queue at 2.. i just wondered how late the gates opened at friday. Sorry for asking

• Like 1

Will the gates of Earls Court 2 be open on friday at noon?

Seriously? I can see by your signature that you are fairly new to these shows but there is no need to ever start queueing that early at these shows. Especially on the quieter days of Friday and Sunday. Even on busy days an hour or an hour and a half is fine. Plus when people come on this forum to throw around times like 6am it more often than not causes others to panic and wonder if they need to turn up early too. Everyone just turn up at a sensible time.

I agree. Went to a signing event the other week and because some fans decided to camp out, it caused a major panic as they kept tweeting how many people had turned up! There is really no need for panic to be caused like that. And even then is the waiting around really worth it?

I certainly choose to be there early. Not too early, just earlier than most. If I want to, if it eases my mind why shouldn't I? Let people just do what they want to do..

People can turn up for whatever show as early as they like. The problem starts when they announce it publicly. If I was to say right now that I am turning up at 5am on Saturday morning, and I expect there to be a lot of others doing the same, it starts panic. Everyone thinks, "now I'll have to go at 5 or 6am if I want to get virtual tickets," and instead of everyone having a nice sleep-in til 7am, they're getting up at an insane time to compete with others. Sort of makes a mockery of the whole virtual ticket system!

No, I wasn't meaning you. I mean in general, those people who do say that they will arrive at 5am. They must be really bad poker players...they are wanting to get virtual tickets before they are all given away, but they essentially tell everyone what time to queue from to beat them to it! If you're being competitive, don't tell everyone!

• Like 1

Who would be anywhere as early as 5 am? That's in the middle of the night. And if there were people like that, who would be mad enough to join them or be there at 4:30 for that matter just to be there earlier?

Something's wrong with the universe...

I'm sure that if the gates to Earls Court were open at that time then people would be queuing. Or do people form a queue outside the gates before it opens? mybe they do...each to their own though I guess. I was told that people were queueing at Collectormania from 5am. But maybe it was just exaggerated lol

People can turn up for whatever show as early as they like. The problem starts when they announce it publicly. If I was to say right now that I am turning up at 5am on Saturday morning, and I expect there to be a lot of others doing the same, it starts panic. Everyone thinks, "now I'll have to go at 5 or 6am if I want to get virtual tickets," and instead of everyone having a nice sleep-in til 7am, they're getting up at an insane time to compete with others. Sort of makes a mockery of the whole virtual ticket system!

Obviously that did not across as well as I hoped, but that was my point, if a time is stated, the panic begins, which is why the other signing event was mayhem. If you want to go early, go early, but please don't cause unnecessary panic. And even then, it does not bother me as I am probably not coming till later (depends on the photo schedule) and my day tends to go a little differently at these conventions as I usually bring my autistic son with me. The only reason I stuck my nose in is because I have seen the panic these conversations can create and it does not always end well.

Aiming to arrive 8am seems like a good sensible time arrived at collectormania about 8 and got tickets for Jenna/Billie both in the 300's and had no trouble but hopefully i would have grabbed my major wants on Friday night just leaving the Saturday guests to get and then mopping up anyone else on the Sunday

no Photo shoots on Saturday either,but 2 on Sunday

But saying that parts of the underground are down next weekend mainly District which means a bit of messing around for me (no straight through train)

But you can get from Victoria to Earl's Court directly on District? I am a bit confused by that website.

Anyway, last year I came to DSTL never earlier than about half an hour after it opened, because I either got lost or something else went wrong and I got all the autographs I wanted and didn't even miss the 9:30 photoshoot. So, I suppose, everything will work somehow.

I'm starting to worry now :-( I'm coming by coach and will arrive in London at 8.45, then I have to walk to Earls Court which apparently takes half an hour to three quarters. I have an early bird ticket, but won't get there until c9.30. The only guest I'm coming to see is Norman. Am I gonna be ok for time - cuz I have to catch the coach again at 6.30 and I know he's a very popular guest.

Sorry to sound like such a worrier, but meeting Norman is a huge deal for me :-)

That's good to know :-)

Its just that I've read about Norman staying on very late to get the autographs done. I can't stay late, so just got a bit worried. But thank you for putting my mind at ease :-)

• Moderators

Oh I'm sure that was just him being nice :) doesn't mean it'll happen all the time.

If you're there for Early Entry and you go straight to pick up his Virtual Queue ticket then you've got a good chance of getting seen :)

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

ENTRY:

At pretty much every LFCC I'm at the gates in my car when they open at 7am. There are usually only about 40-50 people there at that time. Honestly at previously LFCCs the queue hasn't started to really grow until after 8am.

AUTOGRAPHS:

One of the major advantages at this show is that none of the big guests are one day guests. This is going to make a huge difference. Although I still expect them to be very very busy it'll be spread out over the weekend meaning we're unlikely to get to 1500+ tickets given out which happens with some of our one day guests (although even then we got through everyone). At this show I still expect the big guests to get to 1000+ on Saturday and Sunday but that is honestly very do-able.

TALKS:

The main stage will hold around 700 people this year (bigger than ever before) and we've had very few talks completely sell out before. I can see the MI talk being very busy especially with it coming with the free autographs, but seriously no one can even start to guess at what time they'll all be gone. It could be 10am, it could be 2:30pm, we just don't know.

Those worried about getting a GoT screening ticket on the Sautrday, I think you'll be fine. Again when or IF they sell out we have no idea, but I'll honesly be surprised if we see them all sell out on Friday.

• Like 1

Oh I'm sure that was just him being nice :) doesn't mean it'll happen all the time.

If you're there for Early Entry and you go straight to pick up his Virtual Queue ticket then you've got a good chance of getting seen :)

I will go straight there - thank you :-)