Game of Thrones HBO screening & commentary with Jason & Peter

Attendance  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Ŵill you be attending?

• Definitely
    • Possibly depending on money
    • No

What is this a screening of - an episode from Season 1? Just thinking Jason wasn't exactly in it for long....

Still sounds cool though, and I'll be racing for my ticket!

If you don't know from the title then clearly you're not a fan, and shouldn't be queuing to take the potential space of a fan who'd like to go to this.

Guess that means that as I have never seen the show I should be banned - well you better give security my photo cause this sounds like my kind of thing and I may attend if I feel like buying a ticket on Friday...

• Like 2

Everyone is fan if you enjoy it, from the casual fan who just enjoys to watch it on TV right up to the hardcore fan who has read all the books and surrounds themselves in GoT stuff. This event is for everyone no matter how much of a fan they are to have a good time and enjoy themselves. Even if you've never got around to watching GoT before what better way to introduce yourself to it by watching your very first episode alongside one of the best characters, Tyrion!

• Like 4

Also pretty sure when that post was made the title of the episode wasn't in the main post? Cos I was wondering what episode haha

Thank you - Yes, when I made that post the title of the episode wasn't in the post. And whether I was a fan or not, I'll definitely go now in the hope that my attending will ensure coro doesn't get a space. Seriously, how rude some people are!!

• Like 4

What is this a screening of - an episode from Season 1? Just thinking Jason wasn't exactly in it for long....

If you don't know from the title then clearly you're not a fan, and shouldn't be queuing to take the potential space of a fan who'd like to go to this.

As has already been said, the title of the episode wasn't up when I made that post. Even so, what gives you the right to comment how devoted someone is to a show - just because some people don't feel the need to know the title of every single episode to enjoy a show, or because some people prefer the books to the tv series, or any other level of fan-dom, does not mean they are not worthy of attending. It's a shame you can't be like the 99% of people on this forum who share a love of these events and are friendly towards one another. As a fan I will be attending this event - so if you don't like it, then tough luck!

• Like 9

As has already been said, the title of the episode wasn't up when I made that post. Even so, what gives you the right to comment how devoted someone is to a show - just because some people don't feel the need to know the title of every single episode to enjoy a show, or because some people prefer the books to the tv series, or any other level of fan-dom, does not mean they are not worthy of attending. It's a shame you can't be like the 99% of people on this forum who share a love of these events and are friendly towards one another. As a fan I will be attending this event - so if you don't like it, then tough luck!

Hear, hear! I too had to Google the episode name. Doesn't make me any less of a fan. I love GoT. Sticking my oar in- how many GoT fans have actually read the books? I know a fair few who haven't. Are they less of a fan? Not in my eyes. Let's just be uber grateful to SM and excited about the screening.

• Like 4

I suspect the surprise guest won't be there in person and it may be a video link to George Martin or one of the cast members. I wouldn't expect a guest just to turn up for that hour on a Sat night?

Was just about to say the same thing.

I suspect the surprise guest won't be there in person and it may be a video link to George Martin or one of the cast members. I wouldn't expect a guest just to turn up for that hour on a Sat night?

Was just about to say the same thing.

Well, two guests are there only for The Mortal Instruments talk, so why thjs guest shouldn't be the same.

• Moderators

Can we please not turn this into pages of 'will they be signing?'

We're lucky enough to have this opportunity for something really rare. I don't think it's fair to turn the topic into moaning about not getting something else and talking about disappointment.

Negativity never fails to amaze me sometimes!

• Like 5

Next thing we know we will have to name all episodes in all 3 seasons before we are allowed to purchase a ticket.
You'll need to do that just to be allowed into the queue to buy a ticket - actually buying a ticket requires you to pass a further half hour exam. :smile: Edited by TommyT
  • Like 4