Game of Thrones HBO screening & commentary with Jason & Peter

Attendance  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Ŵill you be attending?

• Definitely
    • Possibly depending on money
    • No

He is a nice guy, he said hello to me at another event and I was just hanging around the hotel waiting for a friend who was at the convention. Not many people are like that, was just tickled pink to find out who he was when I finally read the books and looked him up on IMDB. His character has a huge impact on Arya Stark in the book. I don't know if he actually died as it ended ambiguously and he could be languishing in a cell somewhere. Wishful thinking that.

Well I just wanna say that the SCreening was AWESOME!! I just loved every second of it.

THIS is something that you should have again. Im not much for listening to commentator tracks. But a live one!! wow! this was well, mindblowing.

• Like 1

Such a great event! Thank you for putting this on. I hope there are more like it. Both Jason Momoa and Peter Dinklage were hilarious and I learnt several new inside facts about the screening and performance, which is exactly what you want from a commentary. I also enjoyed having Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio) there as he added quite a bit, too. Unfortunately, the MC was disappointing, asking lengthy and often pointless questions that derailed the actors' input. The MC should have been focused on encouraging the actors to talk, rather than talking himself.

• Like 2

the commentary was really great, the guests were hilarious, as soon as they started singing along to the theme tune I knew we were in for a good time :D .... my only thing (not really a complaint just something I noticed) was maybe you could turn the volume down on the footage a little bit next time (pretty sure everyone there had seen it before and therefore knew what was going on anyway) because there were a couple of moments when I couldn't quite hear the commentary over the footage, but that might just have been me :) but yeah it was great, I'd definitely go to again if you put on another one, thank you for organizing it! x x

• Like 3

I really enjoyed the live commentary and would definately go to one again. :)

The subtitles with the episode were a great idea, however the screen was a bit to low, so you coul only read the top half of the subtitles and the volume of the episode was a bit too loud (at least for me) making it sometimes difficult to hear what the actors were saying.

Having been at the talks earlier in the day, even though I had a 400 ticket number having arrived late and being hot, I decided to sit at the back which was level inbetween two speakers, which worked out very well as you could hear everthying and had a perfect view of the screen, plus empty seats around more leg room. I enjoyed the commentary and would want to go to another one. :thumbup:

I thought that at the beginning the guests were on great form and it was soo funny especially the intro scenes "not worked with them" and "Dead" .... but kind of dipped towards the middle with funny commentary, then better at the end with several behind the scenes facts, the problem is as GOT is such a great show we all and guests became engrossed in watching it again, the MC asked questions which was ok. Hope this item continues, but for free next time. :clap: