Latest guest announcement Norman Reedus

Alot of people are complaining about his price, look at like this, Walking Dead is one of the top shows worldwide atm, this show is gaining inbetween 10-13 million viewers a week, when shes such as Dexter and Breaking Bad are barely hitting 5 mil, Norman is in the same position as someone like Peter Dinklage, they are both very (if not the most popular) of their respective shows, they're the Agent Mulder of their shows, the Tony sopranos and the Jack Bauers.

I hate that I hate to pay £30 to meet him esepcially cos im already paying well over £400 on this event already and thats not including early entry tickets and travel, but if it means i get to meet Darryl Mother f****ing Dixon from Walking Dead, then showmasters can happily take my money!

honesntly showmasters, what an amazing guest and thank you for getting him!

• Like 8

I really need to get into The Walking Dead, feel like I'm missing out. Perhaps I'll watch it over the summer whilst waiting for GoT Season 4 :smile:

I'm sure you'd like it. I did the opposite I started on TWD then GoT. You may feel season 2 is a bit of a slow burner, but season 3 kicks it back up a notch.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I see it as paying the price for high quality guests at the top of their game.

We used to only see Doctors after they'd left the show, same with companions etc. Now we're getting them during their tenures.

Same with Peter Dinklage etc. An Emmy award winner still going strong in one of the most popular shows on TV.

These aren't guests doing events because they've got loads of free time after leaving a show. They're some of the most in demand people in the industry.

• Like 4

Woke up feeling ropey, this has just totally made my day :)

Agreed.

Today didn't start so well. But having seen this, it's all worth it!

Thnkyou so much SM!!! :dance:

I have to agree aswell :)

30 was ouch but tbh I understand why, and tbh... I dont care :) Im so much over budget I dont care anymore... :D Im just REALLY excited to see him

First of all! EXCELLENT NEWS about Norman Reedus :) This is brilliant, this is one heck of a coup and you can definitely see me getting his Autograph!

Secondly. Just because he's a teency weency bit more? People are rethinking getting someone who is obviously THE headliner this year? A well known name?

£30! £30 isn't exactly expensive is it. Yoda! I remember when people were complaining that Gillian Anderson (who was THE headliner last year) was overpriced at £45. It all depends on how much the person matters to you, because lets face it £5 or £10 more isn't exactly going to break the bank now is it.

At one point Mark Hamill was charging £85 for an Autograph. Would people still complain at that price? Even though it was Luke Skywalker?

Sorry to add this but, theres many people on here who would like to see Harrison Ford as a Guest- yep those who know me know where I'm going with this one, but IF Harrison was a guest would you expect to pay somewhere in the region of £30 - £45 or a MORE realistic price where you'd put a nought on the end of £45- think about it.

• Like 3

Okay guys - a huge request. Please stop the price discussion that has started here. We do have guests coming on the forum and a couple of the comments made in here do have quite a huge potential to put potential guests off from attending.

We've gone through all of this in the Ray Park topic before and SM had even posted a statement there. Thank you for understanding.

Do you think there's any chance that Norman & Sarah will do a talk on the Saturday as well?? I can't make sunday and as happy as I'll be getting a photo and their autographs I would also love to listen to a Walking Dead talk as well....