Anyone travelling from Scotland

Myself and two mates are getting the virgin train down Friday morning and home on Monday.

i'll be getting the train from Stirling at 10:30 am on friday... if you see a forty year old guy sitting with head phones on reading the 5th game of thrones book... it'll probably be me :-)

Myself and two mates are getting the virgin train down Friday morning and home on Monday.

i'll be getting the train from Stirling at 10:30 am on friday... if you see a forty year old guy sitting with head phones on reading the 5th game of thrones book... it'll probably be me :-)

Our trains leaving from Glasgow to Euston.

No one else slumming it in the buses then? Lol

We did the bus for EMS. never again. It was the worst journey ever, bus was cold, no reclining seats, toilets had no water in them, a family who thought that it was fun to let their children scream until about 2 in the morning, we got the train home.

I've done plenty of long bus journeys before so i know what I'm letting myself in for.

It is the bigger coach bus so the seats normally reclin slightly or/and have feet rests. We usually wait at the bus line as early as possible to get the seats at the back which have more space.

Things like too cold or too noisy can be easily sorted by speaking with the driver or sorting out your overhead air conditioning and with the case of noise simply ask the person to please keep it down a level.

Toilets not working can happen, though majority of the time not for long distances as its against regulations, worst case scenarios tend to be stopping when/if needed.

Really those same problems can occur in any public transport too, so it's just a matter of taking the good with the bad, though my experience 90% of the time it has been dealt with without too much hassle or problems.

Expectation can be down to a lot of these things, if you've had a lot of bad experiences then you obviously will look to any alternative as your automatically thinking it'll be a negative experience, so it'll most likely be one.

Edited by Brian Cairns

Have travelled by bus a lot too, travelled with a baby from Inverness to Manchester without trouble but the trip last year was just awful. We spoke to the driver who was no help at all.

May try the trip again when Stagecoach bring in the bus with beds.

I am quite lucky as travelling with a child i use my railcard so makes the fare competitive with the bus.

Travelling via train from Dunfermline down to London on Thursday morning to give us plenty of chill out time. We flew to DSTL last year but all our flights home were cancelled with no alternatives so we ended up getting a train anyway. Making a full weekend of it and coming back on Monday.