Latest Announcement - Ghostbusters Car

According to Wiki the two screen used cars are in USA still in Sony backlot.

But this story in the Sun last year might provide the answer to this car's history as it's based in UK .http://www.thesun.co...eplica-car.html

"There are 158miles of wire in the roof to power the four lightbars and rotating beacons on top."

Really? I'd suggest that the power losses in 158 miles of wiring would mean it would need a thumping great generatort to power it. Not to mention that 158 miles of 1mm diameter copper wire would be about 1.79 tonnes - plus probably a couple of hundred kilos for the plastic insulation around the copper. So the car has two tonnes of wiring in the roof? Not to mention that buying that amount oif cable would probably account fir the whole £50k he says he spent on doing the car up.

So fancy that - a story in The Sun being factually dubious... :thumbup:

• Like 2

The car will definately be there it is not one of those used in the film but was commissioned to be built by Sony when they bought the rights to GB for the release of the film on blueray and the game. I know this because my husband built and owns it. The one in the Sun is not the correct year and the lights on the top are not correct.

• Like 4

Awesome. I'm probably more excited about this than any of the guests, no joke. I'm bringing my DSLR and I want a photo with this bad boy.

Will there be a limit to what photos we can take? i.e. will I be allowed to sit inside??? :eek:

• Like 1

Awesome. I'm probably more excited about this than any of the guests, no joke. I'm bringing my DSLR and I want a photo with this bad boy.

Will there be a limit to what photos we can take? i.e. will I be allowed to sit inside??? :eek:

Me too mate,I like the way you think,can't wait to see it tomorrow & at my first LFCC too,is this a dream come true or what! :smile:

• Like 1

It is on display only you wont be able to sit in it I am not going over the show until tomorrow so have not seen where it is located yet, It plays GB theme outside the car and has the siren and the lights work. When we drive down the road in it it stops traffic it gets the most amazing reaction everybody love its. Hope you enjoy seeing it.

Edited by bluebird
  • Like 2

It is on display only you wont be able to sit in it I am not going over the show until tomorrow so have not seen where it is located yet, It plays GB theme outside the car and has the siren and the lights work. When we drive down the road in it it stops traffic it gets the most amazing reaction everybody love its. Hope you enjoy seeing it.

Cool,I can't wait to see it when I come up tomorrow around 11AM :smile:

• Like 1