Warning - Something big on Sunday (27.09 - awaiting update))

And there in lies the challenge, because an announcement can't be made until everything is confirmed.
Yet announcements can be made of announcements of something that's not yet confirmed.

How has SM benefited from making this pre-announcement of an announcement that they know they weren't in a position to confirm several months ago. All they've done is make those that can only afford the time or money to go on one day wait until this announcement is made to see if they should go on Sunday or not. Yet SM has not re-visited this thread. I know they've been busy with events and getting guest line-ups for the events, but if you're prepared to announce that there will be something BIG on the Sunday then you should be prepared to keep your customers informed of its progress.

• Like 6

I'm assuming there is still no news for this?

You assume correct. At first I was getting rather angry and annoyed over the lack of any further information, now I'm just getting bored of it, which is a shame because I don't like to think like that for SM events.

I'm happy with the guests and most of the people I'm getting photos with are at a very good price (£15 each). It wouldn't be so expensive if the guests weren't so good, I'm getting 5 (although I want more), plus early Bird tickets so that's £100 before I attend. People do need to plan ahead as that is a lot of money and I can't double that amount and go both days. This is the problem with these non-announcements. If my wife knew how much I'd already spent she'd kick me out. I pretend to her that you pay entrance and then guests give you autographs if you're very nice to them. I could try telling her its only fair as I fell in love with Margot Kidder first but she wouldn't understand. I'm not going to push my luck, so I've got Saturday tickets only. If I miss out on this Sunday thing, I miss out but it has felt like one big tease. Us nerds don't like being teased, it's one of the reasons we're nerds in the first place! :geek:

• Like 1