Shop queries

Mara has just tried to take money for tickets, it says there was something wrong with my card (money in there, just checked!) I placed the two orders about twelve hours apart, so I couldn't put wrong details in twice, I have emailed her back to ask to try again my question is this though:

Why in 2013 are we still using what seems to be an outdated shop? Why do we have to wait almost a week later for payments to go through, I could place as many orders as I wish on my 'card' and then the money tired for a week later, with the likes of paypal that is instant it all seems very outdated. I would have known instantly if my payment was rejected.

Thanks

Sometimes if a vendor tries to charge the card twice in short timeframe the bank will trigger an alert and not let the second charge go through. That kept happening to me with an old card when in Disneyland Anaheim and all charges simply came through as "Disney." Wasn't fun, I completely understand where you are coming from.

Mara always e-mails people as soon as possible after the processing failed. That is normally the same day.. The money isn't held by the bank as a pending charge when you enter the order in your system. You basically just leave your card details for Mara to process. It's not like with a hotel booking that will but a hold over a certain amount of money. (I hope I did understand your question correct, we still have almost 30 degrees where I live and that at 8.45 AM - my brain is officially toast.)

As far as I know there's special stipulations for using Paypal with ticket sales, but I can't comment on that because the rules in the UK may be different from Germany.

A Paypal account doesn't actually sound like a bad idea. I'm just wondering if it'd be worth listing the cards that don't work because I know some Payment Services don't use cards like say Halifax EasyCash.

There is a drop down menu which is saying what cards are accepted. Is Halifax EasyCash some special kind of Visa/Mastercard? Sorry, I've seen Halifax cash machines before, but I am not familiar with the details of their services.

Sometimes if a vendor tries to charge the card twice in short timeframe the bank will trigger an alert and not let the second charge go through. That kept happening to me with an old card when in Disneyland Anaheim and all charges simply came through as "Disney." Wasn't fun, I completely understand where you are coming from.

Mara always e-mails people as soon as possible after the processing failed. That is normally the same day.. The money isn't held by the bank as a pending charge when you enter the order in your system. You basically just leave your card details for Mara to process. It's not like with a hotel booking that will but a hold over a certain amount of money. (I hope I did understand your question correct, we still have almost 30 degrees where I live and that at 8.45 AM - my brain is officially toast.)

As far as I know there's special stipulations for using Paypal with ticket sales, but I can't comment on that because the rules in the UK may be different from Germany.

A Paypal account doesn't actually sound like a bad idea. I'm just wondering if it'd be worth listing the cards that don't work because I know some Payment Services don't use cards like say Halifax EasyCash.

There is a drop down menu which is saying what cards are accepted. Is Halifax EasyCash some special kind of Visa/Mastercard? Sorry, I've seen Halifax cash machines before, but I am not familiar with the details of their services.

Bless you Queen Sindel. :smile: Halifax EasyCash are Visa Electron card but some Payment Processors only recognise it as a simple Cash Card. I'm not sure Showmasters is one of them but I'm just using it as an example. Hope you have a good one.

'Halifax' was originally not a mainstream transaction bank, but just savings accounts. I do encounter a few problems with cards issued from this sort of bank in my job, due to the security system that our card checker uses.

Paypal would be a nice option, but they do have safeguard clauses with event ticket sales and limits on how much the customer can spend over a period of time, also some odd charges to the vendor...But Thomas at Paypal is very helpful :)

• Like 1

I had an email today from Mara saying there was a problem processing my payment and asking could i go in check and amend. I can get in to see my order but i don't know how to look at the payment option of to make any changes. Can anyone point me in the right direction so i can get this fixed asap (I've emailed back too but figured this would be quicker)

Thanks

Sorry, but after checking up with everyone I could reach I still do not have an answer for you. So far the request has always been to e-mail in data. I don't see anything where to change payment methods in my own account either.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Mara gets back to you, sorry.

I accidentally ordered two identical pair of tickets (early bird saturday) and have sent a couple of emails, but no response. My question regards if theres any possibility cancelling one of these orders?

That's something only the store ladies can answer, sorry. Please bear with them a little longer, they have tons of e-mails to deal with.

I had an email today from Mara saying there was a problem processing my payment and asking could i go in check and amend. I can get in to see my order but i don't know how to look at the payment option of to make any changes. Can anyone point me in the right direction so i can get this fixed asap (I've emailed back too but figured this would be quicker)

Thanks

If you got this e-mail please e-mail Mara back with your name, order number and "payment problem" in the headline of the e-mail if you have not e-mailed her back yet.

That function she is describing can be used by shop admins only and of course our normal ordering accounts do not have admin access. ;)

Sorry for any confusion. As you can see from above posts I was going "huh?" myself.

I just find it irritating now that it has been well over a week since the order took place and the money is still sitting in my bank, I'm the kind of person that either A) and unexpected payment will come out or B) will just end up saying "the money's there, lets spend it" it's ridiculous that with an event so close and what is probably hundreds of orders coming in that there isn't an army taking money and sending tickets out, I'm not worried when the tickets arrive, I just want the money taken, it's burning a hole in my pocket!!

I can anyone advise on my orders please ..... I read the post the other day that said the staff were all upto date with tickets and all orders from the backlog were complete. I have 3 orders and still not one of them as turned up and they were done over a week ago now.

• Moderators

I can't comment on everything being up to date, as I haven't seen that post myself - unless you can refer me to it?

Regarding how long it would take for the tickets to arrive - depends when they were posted out. Royal Mail wouldn't classify anything as lost until something like 10 days or more, so I wouldn't be worrying yet.

Jason posted something to that extent somewhere, but that's been quite some time ago. Definitely over a week ago. Meanwhile new orders have come in and Saturday saw the deadline for international orders, that has lead to an additional spike.

If you placed your orders just over a week ago there is definitely no reason to worry yet. I'm waiting for an order done on the 14th myself.

• Like 1

cant mara just look at our orders previous and amend any issues? not that I put any wrong info in, as this seems to be a few of us seems more like a system error?

I will try and call her from work today. it is rather annoying, esp as you fear your numbers will be higher cos of this, or worse it might not get sorted before the day,

thanks though to queen for being very helpful and speedy with trying to sort this out. I think you should be emplyoed full time! with a contract ;-)