Cosplay

GUYS I NEED HELP!

So I'm planning a cosplay (actually not for this con because I'll be in Florida!) but I need a bit of advice.

I'm making a crown, but metalwork isn't really within my abilities, so I'm looking for a liquid that I can pour into a plaster mould that will set super hard like metal.

If anyone has any experience with this sort of thing please give me advice on what you've used in the past, or any other methods you think might work.

Thanks guys!!!

You probably wont get much help here, try Cosplay. com they'll be able to help you.

I am going to be cosplaying Older Mordred from BBC's Merlin seen as I struck a deal with Alex to be Mordred next time I saw him. :D

Star art- oh my god your grinch costume is incredible!!!!

As for me, just got the last supplies like salt, duffel and if I can make it with stuff I have laying around a machete or knife. And to receive my castiel hand print then my fem! Dean Winchester will be complete enough for lfcc.

Need to work on skit with my team ("free will") too this month.

It'll be up soon I imagine. If not read the rules on the cosplay section as I imagine its the same ;)

Well my Cosplays have been finished and are ready a couple of Doctor Cosplays for the weekend

Saturday I will be taking over the world as Dr Horrible

1236200_10201148805414594_1266118054_n.jpg

Watch out I have my Freeze Ray with me!!!

1233412_10201148794934332_525474327_n.jpg

Sunday I will be scuttling around once again as Dr Zoidberg

264444_500483756705826_340930771_n.jpg

• Like 2

Fem! Dean is basically done. Just got get together some flasks of holy water and I'm as set as I'll be for LFCC. Was going to get green contacts but sadly cant afford to anymore, so I'm gonna have to be a blued eyed Deanna Winchester this time round. At least my machete is finished and other weapons for the duffel are done. Really hoping my castiel hand print will be done in time but I'm holding out much hope at the moment.

I've started building a 10ft tall Optimus Prime, but I now understand there might be issues getting big cosplay into the venue.

It's deliberately being built so I can slip the feet off in just a couple of seconds and be back to regular size in no time at all, so I don't see it as being an issue should I need to evacuate or anything, and I'm hoping it will be ok on the weekend.

I cant wait to see this :clap:

• Like 1

I plan on appearing once more as The Slender Man, with Iconic Legion

https://fbcdn-sphoto...894249201_n.jpg

My kid thought you were the coolest thing he'd ever seen. if you are there as that this time, he will be begging for a photo with you. (I've got to rustle up something similar for him for Halloween, now, but, er, without the stilts.)

I plan on appearing once more as The Slender Man, with Iconic Legion

https://fbcdn-sphoto...894249201_n.jpg

My kid thought you were the coolest thing he'd ever seen. if you are there as that this time, he will be begging for a photo with you. (I've got to rustle up something similar for him for Halloween, now, but, er, without the stilts.)

Assuming no disasters I'll be there saturday as that, and maybe sunday too (though I may be a cyberman for that one). Pop round to the Iconic Legion area, I should be highly visible. :D

I will definitely be cosplaying on both days (all day too)! :D I am super excited, as the characters I have chosen are new for me (I haven't cosplayed them before) and I have been getting things together in preparation/hunting for things for some time! I just need to decide if I am going to bite the bullet and dye my hair with a rinse or not. Everything is almost sorted now, I just need to do some last minute shopping for some makeup and get the last few bits and bobs ordered. I am so excited! :lol:

I look forward to seeing you all there and I can't wait to see everyones cosplays! :)

I will also be cosplaying both days. One of my costumes is done, I am just putting together my second costume. That one shouldn't be to hard and hopefully its just small things left. I will be attending the con together with WickedQueen and we will try to pair up for both days. She will also help me with any makeup I need to wear. We have so far always paired up in one way or another when choosing our cosplays and we have a hell of a time doing so :)

Anyone any good with face paint? I'm struggling on a couple of the details on my Rumpleteazer face paint and I was just wondering if anyone'll be around on Saturday (and possibly Sunday) who could lend a hand. I reckon I could have got it if I'd started practising earlier... :P

I know WickedQueen does some makeup and prostethics. To my knowledge she has not tried doing any CATS makeup before, but you could poke her and ask if she would be willing to give it a go. I know she will be attending both days :)

Anyone any good with face paint? I'm struggling on a couple of the details on my Rumpleteazer face paint and I was just wondering if anyone'll be around on Saturday (and possibly Sunday) who could lend a hand. I reckon I could have got it if I'd started practising earlier... :P

I know WickedQueen does some makeup and prostethics. To my knowledge she has not tried doing any CATS makeup before, but you could poke her and ask if she would be willing to give it a go. I know she will be attending both days :)

As SgtBilko said, I do work with facepaint/prosthetics/theatrical makeup etc quite a bit (its a passion of mine and a lot of costumes require me to do so), but I can't say I have ever attempted Rumpleteazer! I am almost tempted to say I can give you a hand, but I have never done any form of CATS makeup- so that makes me a little nervous. What type of face paint/makeup are you using and what are you using to apply it with? Which bits are you struggling on? I will be there both days (in makeup myself!), but again, I have to admit I have not painted CATS before. Let me know what you need help with and if I can, I will gladly give you a hand. :)

Kudos to all of you for such great cosplay :smile:

Does anyone know if the SneakyZebra people will be there again filming, loved their video from the Summer LFCC it really capture the fun, excitement and great costumes.

My two boys absolutely love the video, you wouldn't believe how many times we have watched it and it has really got them interested , so much so they disappear regularly to their dressing up basket and make up all sorts of weird and wacky costumes and want me to film their own versions ! By the way they are only 3 and 6 so expect to see them in full Cosplay action in the not too distant future !!!

As far as im aware sneaky are tryng to get some hits on their most recent video in order to claim a sponsorship, if they dont get enough views they have stated they wont be able to make it to london, due to funds but ive told them i would pay for their travel costs as i wanna be in that video with my grinch costume, so hopefully one way or other, they will be there :)

Any more news on whether SneakyZebra will be on hand to film the day ?

yes, i can say for a fact that the Sneaky Zebra boys will be there... they're friends on fb of mine, and think they're planning a lot of fun for lfcc :)

but on topic, i'll be there as Jareth again :D

Edited by methos
  • Like 1