Gold pass info for this years LFCC important update

I must say that I liked the look of the black wristbands and gold writing (rather classy, IMHO. Even went well with my outfits ;) ), but the colour made them really hard to spot! Even with my wrist up, I had to explain I was Gold to the crewmembers, and I don't blame them for being confused - even knowing what I was looking for, I couldn't see where the Gold queue ended and the standard queue started on one occasion when people had already started going in. If we're definitely sticking with these over passes, a more vivid colour would probably be better next time.

Tbh, it should be your responsibility to show the crew member you've got the wristband when you go to queue up.

I had to flash the wrist several times, but to be honest, I just treated it as all part of the fun.

I don't know if anyone else had the same experience but when I was queuing up for a photoshoot I heard an attendee saying about the gold pass holders " who do they think they are?".

Not a very nice thing to say when you have paid extra for the experience. There were a lot of new attendees at this event who obviously did nt know that gold pass holders went in first.

Gold pass was well worth it. However, its a shame that some of the crew still didn't know what it entitled you to.

If you could pass on details of those problems this would be very appreciated. Three of my friends had Gold Passes too and they all said it was the first time they had no issues at all.

Didn't take the names sorry but will next time. One lady with blonde hair told us outside shoot A that we had to queue up with everyone else.

Gold pass was well worth it. However, its a shame that some of the crew still didn't know what it entitled you to.

If you could pass on details of those problems this would be very appreciated. Three of my friends had Gold Passes too and they all said it was the first time they had no issues at all.

Didn't take the names sorry but will next time. One lady with blonde hair told us outside shoot A that we had to queue up with everyone else.

A description of the crew member along with time and location will do fine.

I don't know if anyone else had the same experience but when I was queuing up for a photoshoot I heard an attendee saying about the gold pass holders " who do they think they are?".

Not a very nice thing to say when you have paid extra for the experience. There were a lot of new attendees at this event who obviously did nt know that gold pass holders went in first.

I heard one crew member explaining about the gold pass to someone who made a comment about those being moved to the front of the queue. Which was followed by a conversation between him and his mate about how stupid people were to pay that much extra just to go in first. Oh well, it's not just about going to the front in photo queues is it? Must admit I've never come across a crew member who didn't know what it was though.

I couldn't have done the Hoff & kitt shoot with the DS9 group at the end of Sunday without my Gold pass... I left the DS9 talk 10 minutes early to get there and the standard queue stretched almost the entire length of the hall. The shoot didn't start until the start of the DS9 shoot so I had to run over to area C then hot foot it back to the Kitt shoot and was let straight in. To the annoyance the people in the queue...

This was my first real con' and I can't imagine having to queue from here on out or getting the VQs...15 photoshoots all signed, 2 static shoots and 7 talks, all done at a leisurely pace and enjoying every minute. I didn't find any crew who didn't know what

There are a lot of people that just turn up on the day and don't know about Gold Passes, but really that is their problem.

After the annoying start on Friday of not being given the wristband in the queue as stated, that would have let us in early and having to queue again when I got in to obtain the band was not thought out. The list of Gold Pass holders could have been alphabetical and in darker print.

Also could your Pit bosses not smoke when they are instructing the crew member handing out Gold Passes to the queue outside in future.

As the Gold Pass room was not supervise you can only blame the attendees that filled up several bottles with water and took lots of sweets.

Talk area was much better supervised on the Saturday. Sunday there were people without bands on the second row. One woman left two children then proceeded talk on a phone standing up by a crew member on two occasions and even left the area at on point to appear back with another young child.

This besides it was a very good event! Thank You!!!

I don't think hunting down a crew member by description, time and location after the fact is even vaguely necessary. If a mistake was made then it is probably a training issue and it would be better to see who the pit boss was for the whole area and make sure they get the training right.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

I don't think hunting down a crew member by description, time and location after the fact is even vaguely necessary. If a mistake was made then it is probably a training issue and it would be better to see who the pit boss was for the whole area and make sure they get the training right.

In this case I agree with Kev that finding this one specific crew member isn't going to help, had it been a disaplinary issue that would be different. There is obviously a wider training issue here, one for which I will look at making sure gets sorted for next time. Sorry if it caused any issues. As always if you think a crew member has a bit of info wrong please always feel free to talk to the pit boss (in red).

• Like 1

In this case I agree with Kev that finding this one specific crew member isn't going to help, had it been a disaplinary issue that would be different. There is obviously a wider training issue here, one for which I will look at making sure gets sorted for next time. Sorry if it caused any issues. As always if you think a crew member has a bit of info wrong please always feel free to talk to the pit boss (in red).

I probably was thinking too far ahead there. :lol: the reason for me asking was that I thought by locating the crew member it would make things easier to determine where the correct info got lost. Train of thought may have taken a little detour there. ;)

On the day of course this is a pit boss issue.

Talk area was much better supervised on the Saturday. Sunday there were people without bands on the second row. One woman left two children then proceeded talk on a phone standing up by a crew member on two occasions and even left the area at on point to appear back with another young child.

This besides it was a very good event! Thank You!!!

That lady in question left the talk area as her third child hasn't arrived

So she reported it and we located him and returned him to her

As he was supposed to meet her there it was better to make sure she was where she said she would be, the crew looked for the missing child in the meantime and rang her when he was found :)

I had that too, it's quite embarrassing, as I was late to get to the photoshoot.

I was chatting to Avery Brookes, I know that was my fault, but still embarrassing.

I personally didn't think it was worth the cash, if you was there for the weekend, i'd say yes it may well be.

There should be a day gold pass. As i was only able to attend for one of the days.

I don't know how that would work, but it is only a idea, a possiblity maybe?

Perhaps different colours for different days?

We really love the Gold Passes and everything that it brings. "Making them work" was never an issue with anyone, but I only wish we had read the announcement above a bit earlier, as we only discovered some of the perks during the show, or even afterwards, like the free photoshoot. Just read about that. Maybe it's an idea to make a print of all the things you get and put that with the Gold Pass package, so those of us who are not on this forum or website regularly get this info too.

• Like 1

The Gold Pass was the best part of my weekend, no-one was mean, I got to be first in to all of my photoshoots and the crew were all fantastic and helpful. One in particular was helpful; the nice man in the crew shirt at photo area c on sunday explained what I needed to do, and let me stand out of the way to wait for Danny Glover, and then Jason Momoa to arrive, even let me sit by his lunch since my inappropriate boots were hurting my feet when I stood still. The crew are amazing, and I promised to suggest that maybe they get a bit of extra time to get their own photos done ;) I only wish I'd known at the time that we didn't HAVE to join the gold pass collection queue inside on the friday, as we waited in that queue for ages, only to join the back of the show ticket queue since the other ticket holders got let in while we were still waiting, ending up with us being 5th row from the front for the after hours GOT commentary. Having said that, it was excellent, and I was in the front row for every other talk we went to! No-one was really sure where the gold pass holders needed to queue for the talks though, and as a result we asked what to do each time and just got told to head on in each time and beat a lot of other gold pass peeps. Thank you Showmasters for the best weekend of my life, it was our first con, and we are already planning to come next year :)

Wondering about the Gold pass autograph packs that weren't ready at the show. I ordered a Supernatural pack which the very helpful young lady on the desk said were not available at the time. Will they be sent out soon?

Edited by barbiecan

Wondering about the Gold pass autograph packs that weren't ready at the show. I ordered a Supernatural pack which the very helpful young lady on the desk said were not available at the time. Will they be sent out soon?

SM are still busy wrapping up the show. The packs will be sent as soon as possible.

I didn't have the option to have the autograph pack sent,i just had to choose another one...

All I can suggest here is contact the office and let them know what happened.