Guest Cancellation - Robert Picardo

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are sorry to have to say that due to a mis-understanding between intermediaries Robert Picardo will not be joining us at Chevron 8.1.

I know Bob has already expressed his apologies on his Twitter and I would like to join him in expressing ours too.

We wish Bob the best in all his endeavours and hope to see him in the UK soon.

Thanks

Mark

Very very disappointed as he was the reason I bought my silver ticket... I feel let down. :crying:

I understand it was a misunderstanding and no one's fault - that's just the way I feel. I was praying something could have been sorted out having read his twitter the other night. I hope this doesn't sour his attitude towards these in the future and that ME can get a good replacement.

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 2

Pity. He's very funny and great to meet which luckily I did earlier this year. Hopefully no damage done and he'll be back another time. Seems to have been a few of these "misunderstandings" recently. Appreciate wires get crossed sometimes but we're regularly told guests aren't announced until signed contracts are in hand so I hope whatever has gone wrong is sorted quickly. I'm sure they're on the case behind the scenes and i look forward to seeing a quality replacement announced.

Have my silver ticket and will enjoy it whoever is there. <cough>Claudia Black & David Blue</cough> :)

• Like 1

Not a huge surprise on this one, A major frak up by some people, but it's happened before and I'm sure it'll happen again. We all make mistakes, but it is without doubt the fastest cancellation that I can remember in all my time at con's. :P He was the one guest I'd not met before so I guess I'll have to wait a little bit longer now! I'm sure there'll be more cancellations before the start of the con!

Not a huge surprise on this one, A major frak up by some people, but it's happened before and I'm sure it'll happen again. We all make mistakes, but it is without doubt the fastest cancellation that I can remember in all my time at con's. :P He was the one guest I'd not met before so I guess I'll have to wait a little bit longer now! I'm sure there'll be more cancellations before the start of the con!

Way to stay positive Wabit LOL! Though it is the way of con life!

gutted too as he was epic on stage in Vancouver last year with his singing about Trek and Gate it was so so funny!! :lol: think his panels would've been really interesting too :(

here's hoping for a SGU replacement guest please :angel::smile:

surfy sah xx

Way to stay positive Wabit LOL! Though it is the way of con life!

It certainly is, as people who know me on here I've been going to Con's since 2006 and it's part and parcel of convention life. I LOVE these weekends away where you can meet actors you've loved on TV shows and Films, you have a laugh at there stories on stage. But without doubt the best thing about these Conventions is the awesome friends I've made through them!! :smile:

Sing the following to the Voyager theme : Bring him back (dum de dum de dum de dum), o bring him, bring him back, (dum de dum dum de dum dum de dum dum dum dum) please bring him bring him back, oh bring him back, please do, if not today then tomorrow bring him back, oh please maybe at an LFCC or Collectormania, please bring him back, please do....:-)

• 2 weeks later...

It is such a shame that Robert cancelled as I was really looking forward to meeting him. I've loved him since he was in Voyager and would have loved to hear stories from him about that time as well as on Stargate.

Oh well, hopefully, the next announcements will be good ones. I have my fingers still for Torri. I met her last month and she was great.And I am really excited to meet Joe, though.

• Like 1