Reunion ideas?

I know this is very similar to the guest suggestion thread, so I hope I'm not breaking some forum rules over here. But anyway, seeing the amazing DS9 reunion this year I started thinking on what great reunions they could have next year. So well, you can find my suggestions a little down below but I'd love to hear yours as well.

Lost (10 year anniversary)

One of my all time TV shows, can't believe it's been 10 years since it started! If you'd have a reunion you can certainly count on my presence and I'd spend a lot of money. There are dozens of actors to choose from, so I'm really hoping this might be a possibility.

For fans of other films and TV shows, this could be a very interesting reunion as well. Like Once Upon a Time (Emilie de Ravin), Lord of the Rings (Dominic Monaghan, Evangeline Lilly), Wishmaster (Andrew Divoff), Alcatraz (Jorge Garcia) and much much more

Angel (15 year anniversary)

I know you've got a Hallowhedon every year (with Denisof and Acker attending next edition), so perhaps this is somewhat unlikely. But I'd love it if this could happen. I don't know if David Boreanaz does many conventions (and if he does, he's probably quite expensive with Bones being so popular) but I'd say he'd attract many visitors. Other than Charisma Carpenter and Keith Szarabajka I haven't met any of the Angel guests, so that'd be awesome!

Sopranos/Deadwood (15 and 10 year anniversary)

I guess it's not really convention material as it's not science fiction, fantasy or horror but no harm in suggesting. Deadwood has some actors that would certainly attract people who don't know the show (Brad Dourif, Jim Beaver, Paula Malcomson, ...).

Hellboy (10 year anniversary)

There's already a topic about that, support it! :D

A Nightmare on Elm Street (30 year anniversary)

I know that these actors do many conventions (Robert Englund is even doing 3 Showmaster events this year, if I'm not mistaken) and that it might seem not worth it to have a reunion. But as I have yet to meet Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Jsu Garcia/Nick Corri and John Saxon It'd be great :D

Ghostbusters (30 year anniversary)

Need I say more? I've wanted to meet Ernie Hudson for quite some years. Not sure how many of the others do conventions, but it might be possible :)

The Crow (20 year anniversary)

I love this film and it's got such a great cast. Another reunion Ernie Hudson could be a part of.

Clerks (20 year anniversary)

What can I say, I'm a fan. Not sure if this would attract many visitors but I'd be great to meet Jeff Anderson, Brian O'Halloran and Jason Mewes.

Other movies/series

- Pulp Fiction, but considering how famous most of the actors in this are...

- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (30 year anniversary), I know you did a Indiana Jones reunion not so long ago so this is probably unlikely.

- House M.D., not sure if it's worth it without Hugh Laurie (who's probably way too expensive, if he even does cons)

- Stargate (movie)

- Saw

- Troy (perhaps not a fantastic movie, but a great cast)

- Van Helsing (same as above, I'd love to meet Elena Anaya, Shuler Hensley and Kevin J. O'Connor)

- Shaun of the Dead (Nick Frost and SImon Pegg!)

- Conan the Destroyer (not sure myself, some of the cast have already passed away and Schwarzenegger is too big. I'd love to meet Tracey Walter or Olivia d'Abo, not sure if Grace Jones is at all possible)

- Farscape, though I've already met a couple of the cast I'd like to meet Simcoe, Hey and Tupu :)

Edited by dogsoldierspoon
  • Like 5

As dogsoliderspoon said 2014 is the 15 year anniversary of Angel (also the 10th anniversary of the shows finale). The are so many possible Angel guests given it ran for five years and had a huge ensemble cast. Plus many of the guest stars had memorable roles on other shows and films. For example Gina Torres in Serenity, Daniel Dae Kim in Lost, David Denman in The Office and Alexa Davalos in Clash of the Titans and Chronicles of Riddick to name a few showmasters haven't had before. Plus loads of Angel case were also in Buffy.

• Like 5

I know this is very similar to the guest suggestion thread, so I hope I'm not breaking some forum rules over here. But anyway, seeing the amazing DS9 reunion this year I started thinking on what great reunions they could have next year. So well, you can find my suggestions a little down below but I'd love to hear yours as well.

Lost (10 year anniversary)

One of my all time TV shows, can't believe it's been 10 years since it started! If you'd have a reunion you can certainly count on my presence and I'd spend a lot of money. There are dozens of actors to choose from, so I'm really hoping this might be a possibility.

Angel (15 year anniversary)

I know you've got a Hallowhedon every year (with Denisof and Acker attending next edition), so perhaps this is somewhat unlikely. But I'd love it if this could happen. I don't know if David Boreanaz does many conventions (and if he does, he's probably quite expensive with Bones being so popular) but I'd say he'd attract many visitors. Other than Charisma Carpenter and Keith Szarabajka I haven't met any of the Angel guests, so that'd be awesome!

Sopranos/Deadwood (15 and 10 year anniversary)

I guess it's not really convention material as it's not science fiction, fantasy or horror but no harm in suggesting. Deadwood has some actors that would certainly attract people who don't know the show (Brad Dourif, Jim Beaver, Paula Malcomson, ...).

Hellboy (10 year anniversary)

There's already a topic about that, support it! :D

A Nightmare on Elm Street (30 year anniversary)

I know that these actors do many conventions (Robert Englund is even doing 3 Showmaster events this year, if I'm not mistaken) and that it might seem not worth it to have a reunion. But as I have yet to meet Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Jsu Garcia/Nick Corri and John Saxon It'd be great :D

Ghostbusters (30 year anniversary)

Need I say more? I've wanted to meet Ernie Hudson for quite some years. Not sure how many of the others do conventions, but it might be possible :)

The Crow (20 year anniversary)

I love this film and it's got such a great cast. Another reunion Ernie Hudson could be a part of.

Clerks (20 year anniversary)

What can I say, I'm a fan. Not sure if this would attract many visitors but I'd be great to meet Jeff Anderson, Brian O'Halloran and Jason Mewes.

Other movies/series

- Pulp Fiction, but considering how famous most of the actors in this are...

- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (30 year anniversary), I know you did a Indiana Jones reunion not so long ago so this is probably unlikely.

- House M.D., not sure if it's worth it without Hugh Laurie (who's probably way too expensive, if he even does cons)

- Stargate (movie)

- Saw

- Troy (perhaps not a fantastic movie, but a great cast)

- Van Helsing (same as above, I'd love to meet Elena Anaya, Shuler Hensley and Kevin J. O'Connor)

- Shaun of the Dead (Nick Frost and SImon Pegg!)

- Conan the Destroyer (not sure myself, some of the cast have already passed away and Schwarzenegger is too big. I'd love to meet Tracey Walter or Olivia d'Abo, not sure if Grace Jones is at all possible)

- Farscape, though I've already met a couple of the cast I'd like to meet Simcoe, Hey and Tupu :)

agree nightmare on elm street and the crow cast and also original V 30th anniversary so come on showmasters and clerks cast kevin smith jason mewes will be awesome Edited by malky

• 2 weeks later...

If you are thinking reunions.

Police Academy (30th Anniversary)

One of the biggest comedies of the 80's that spawned soem ropey sequels.

Dynasty (25th Anniversay of the show ending)

The Cosplayers will have a field day with the shoulder pad dresses lol

Tiswas (40th Anniversay)

This is what they want!

If you really went for it you could get people to bring buckets and create a world record for the most people performing "The Bucket of Water Song" in one place. If that odesn't get you on local TV news I don't know what will.

The Tomorrow People (35th Anniversary of the original show ending)

As there is a US version being made, it may get some interest in the past the same way Doctor Who did.

The Dukes of Hazzard (35th Anniversary)

Sadly Boss Hogg is no longer with us but The Duke brothers and of course the lovely Daisy are.

Quantum Leap (25th Anniversary)

"Oh boy!"

• Like 1

Totally agree with the 30th anniversary of A Nightmare On Elm Street for 2014, with as many cast members from as many of the films in that series as possible! The usual suspects - Englund, Langenkamp, Wyss, Patton, Myers, Rusler, Wilcox, etc - would be terrific, and newbies who haven't done UK cons yet like Tuesday Knight and Ken Sagoes.

• Like 1

Police Academy would be pretty cool! My two favorite characters already passed away, but I'd love to meet Steve Guttenberg, Leslie Easterbrook, Michael Winslow, Bobcat Goldthwait or Marion Ramsey. Or Kim Cattrall, she'd be a big guest I guess (though I don't like Sex and the City, but she's awesome in Big Trouble in Little China!).

• Like 2

You could make everyones dream/nightmare come true with a NOES theme with just one (not totally unrealistic) name.......

........Wes Craven....... :whistling:

And I would be :dance::clap::YAHOO::stretcher:

Im not even going to ask for Johnny Depp...!

But, yes 30 years of NOES deserves a nod. Robert Englund gets busier year on year I think? I met hiim in 2005 and I honestly cannot remember how many times since, but he just seems to get busier and busier. So other NOES guests have got to be worth it, Id have thought?

A full Blake's 7 cast please, Sadly no Gan as the lovely David Jackson passed away, but all available cast members and both Travis actors.

I know that they have appeared in separate shows, but to have them all together in one place at the same time would be fantastic.

Edited by SlippDigby

• Showmasters Admin

Firefly/Serenity - It's not an anniversary of either the TV program or the film but I don't care!

I have more love for that half session and the film than pretty much anything that's come since.

*goes off to think of more evil causes of demise for the TV execs that cancelled it*

• Like 3

I would die a happy man if you had a Due South reunion (20th anniversary of the start) Paul Gross and David Marciano have cross series appeal and even though I hated him for the role he took over at the time Callum Keith Rennie would be great as well