1ST SILENT AUCTION rare collectables updated July 4th

I would just like to thank the staff who well staffed the Auction especially SJ ( if thats right ? ).

Personally I thought it worked very well indeed and I even won 2 lots Yippee lol Although it was a bit nail bitting for the last 5 mins hovering around the lot that I really wanted thinking that it might have been a free for all at 2:59pm but it wasn't which was good. In fact I needn't have bothered as my first and only bid on one item won it for me :) Damn may be I should have bid a lower amount lol

I just hope I get the COA's that where promised.

Many thanks Guys :)

I have too add my thanks too! I was lucky enough to win the Alien Nation appliance/head. Your help at the auction area was much appreciated!

Was a really awesome idea and worked well, my friends gone back today to (hopefully) win the signed Firefly script! Small bit of confusion when we checked mid afternoon and his number had been used on various items...not sure if number given out twice or someone being a but mischievous....

Edited by giantjames
  • Like 1

I bid on several items, but alas have not won any :( Was a bit confused that you could see the previous bids as I thought a silent auction was were you couldn't see the last bid. Think I lost out of one item by a pound, if my bid had been hidden this probably wouldn't have happened. Ah well...

I agree, the auction worked great. I prefer the old way of all sitting down and bidding for items with an auctioneer but I understand why this was changed as in previous years some items were sold very cheap. Good for attendees but not healthy for business. I was outbid on a few items I wanted but I managed to win the Tom Cruise mounted autograph. It was impulse rather than desire but I'm happy I got it. Just waiting for the COA.

I agree, the auction worked great. I prefer the old way of all sitting down and bidding for items with an auctioneer but I understand why this was changed as in previous years some items were sold very cheap. Good for attendees but not healthy for business. I was outbid on a few items I wanted but I managed to win the Tom Cruise mounted autograph. It was impulse rather than desire but I'm happy I got it. Just waiting for the COA.

I didn't realise that the items came with COA's?...

I agree; this is a far better method. You could see everything that was on offer and not have to sit and wait around to find out if tere was anything you were interested in.

I didn't realise that the items came with COA's?...

I asked about getting one and they said they'd send one out to me as they already had my details for the auction. If you won something and you want a COA I recommend posting a question on the forum. I wouldn't know who to ask.

I'd like know how much the GoT canvas went for. Think it was 220 last I saw. Bargain with number signatures on it!

Hey, I was guy helping to run the auction yesterday. I believe the GoT canvas from Saturday went for around £365 in the end. Somewhat of a bidding war i was told.

I'd like know how much the GoT canvas went for. Think it was 220 last I saw. Bargain with number signatures on it!

Hey, I was guy helping to run the auction yesterday. I believe the GoT canvas from Saturday went for around £365 in the end. Somewhat of a bidding war i was told.

Cheers for that. Still bit of a bargain really.