1ST SILENT AUCTION rare collectables updated July 4th

Quick question, will this be a proxy style bidding like on eBay or is the amount you bid the amount you will pay?

Need to make sure as I want to bit on a lot of them

Thanks

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. If for example I won with a bid of £100 and the next highest bidder bid £50, would I pay the £100 or would I pay £51?

I'm thinking that all the stuff I'm interested in will go for huge money because they're going to be hugely popular (Star Trek/Doctor Who stuff). Saying that, I might get lucky because people will be thinking the same and therefore not bothering to bid? >.> Fingers crossed, because, darn it I need Spock in my life!

Bloody hell I need and want so many of these things no idea how I'm going to afford it!

42) STAR WARS - Synopsis signed by 24( ENDING SATURDAY )

58) EWAN MACGREGOR - signed 10 x 8 from Star Wars( ENDING SATURDAY )

74) HARRISON FORD signed and framed 8 x 10 Star Wars and Indiana Jones( ENDING SATURDAY )

Specifically these three!

Edited by Gmorris2504

Bloody hell I need and want so many of these things no idea how I'm going to afford it!

74) HARRISON FORD signed and framed 8 x 10 Star Wars and Indiana Jones( ENDING SATURDAY )

We might end up bidding against each other then coz those are a few that I might be interested in.

We might end up bidding against each other then coz those are a few that I might be interested in.

Don't know how much I'll have left so might not be able to afford most of these but ill try my best. I can do with out the ewan mcgreggor one and depending who the 24 signers on the synopsis I could avoid that but Harrison ford is a MUST HAVE for me. One of my favourite actors of all time!!

Edited by Gmorris2504

if we're outbid will we be alerted so we can rebid? Or do we just have to check the paper?!

How will that work? Also, is the price you bid the price you pay? Or is it like eBay?!

Thanks!!

Oh and any info on the GOT Canvas ;)

I doubt they'll be texting you and everyone else constantly throughout the day with updates... You';; have to keep checking back if you really want an item.

As for how it works - it's an auction, silent like ebay. You bid £1,000,000 but everyone else bids £34.57 - you pay £35 or something close to that.

But what would stop people doing that to prevent any more bids

?? how is that preventing more bids... the total amount bid is hidden and only known to showmasters and the bidder... it is the current bid level that is displayed....

I bid £30 so £1 is displayed as the lowest winning bid - Dave bids £5 so I'm still winning but no one knows and now £6 is displayed as the lowest winning bid, Jim bids £25 so £26 is displayed.... You bid £41 so you have the lowest winning bid at that time and the £41 is displayed. If someone does come then along and bids £1M the bid displayed is still gonna be just £42 and will remain £1 (£5 or whatever increment they decide on) above the next lowest bid until the end or someone outbids you... They would never display the £1M as no one would then bid and would defeat the whole auction idea.

Edited by Zahariel

Anyone looking to bid might want to check on the rules. I always understood a Silent Auction to be whoever places the highest bid pays the full amount of their bid. Not like eBay's proxy bidding system. Just something to think about for anyone looking to bid £1m!

• Like 1

Anyone looking to bid might want to check on the rules. I always understood a Silent Auction to be whoever places the highest bid pays the full amount of their bid. Not like eBay's proxy bidding system. Just something to think about for anyone looking to bid £1m!

Yes i believe so too..

Waste of time really, I bid on a lot if things ( some of them £50 more than the bid before and didn't win any, should have turned up before 3pm and bid would have had more chance of winning, silent auction should not be showing the highest bid if all you have to do is bid a pound more at the last min.