Hotel Code?

ang.chong

This is what my reservation states - according to the Radisson web site - regarding cancellation. I booked over the phone. I have a print out of the whole thing in case of dispute (so that if things do go wrong, I can write to them to take it up). I'm going by what's on my booking info. If it's different, trust me, the Radisson will be hearing from me big time.

If yours show something different or have been told otherwise, I strongly suggest you contact the hotel directly, and as soon as possible.

http://files.mbd.gd/cancellation.png

Edited by Movielad

MovieLad - I don't know how to say this any other way (I feel like I keep repeating myself): my confirmation *does* say something different. It says: "Please note 100% Cancellation Charge is applicable from the time the reservation is made.". I know that is not what ME has said the cancellation policy is, and that it was not the policy any of three previous times I've stayed at the Radisson for cons, which is why I asked Queen Sindel to look into it for me. :smile: Of course I could contact the hotel about it myself, but I wanted to draw the attention of ME to it, and also get confirmation that it was not ME's intention that this charge be in place.

Anyway, it's not a big issue for me, as only an absolute disaster will prevent me from attending; it just raises some serious concerns about how the hotel is implementing the con code, and I thought ME should look into it in case any attendees get caught out. I had previously just assumed it was a clerical error until they imposed the 100% cancellation clause on my friend (for a different event) even though she had not had *any* confirmation letter nor had it been mentioned to her when she booked. They told her when she tried to cancel that that was their standard policy for group bookings, and it seemed to me that ME (and others) ought to be aware that Radisson staff are doing this, if that is not the agreement they entered into with the hotel.

In fact, I now have two con booking with the Radisson (for this event and for another with someone else) that have the 100% cancellatiuon clause on my confirmation e-mail. And the post from BusyBliz (#64) suggests that I am not alone.

So far you're the only one with that note on the booking. As I said, Mark hadn't heard of it either. It is likely a clerical error as I said earlier. I tried e-mailing the other poster with the issue and she has not replied, so ni idea what is going on with her.

The change is definitely not ME's intention.

I apologise to Arcane for any misunderstanding (blasted flu/cold/whatever).

It's more than likely just a staff training issue that needs to be addressed. Clearly whoever I spoke to knew about the event and booked it accordingly to the agreement that ME has with the Radisson. I now wished I took the name of the person I spoke to - as that would have been useful contact for those with 100% cancellation problems to go to.

And is the agreement between ME and the Radisson uniquely agreed above and beyond these general terms?

http://www.radissonb...tion-Policy.pdf

Edited by Movielad

So far you're the only one with that note on the booking. As I said, Mark hadn't heard of it either. It is likely a clerical error as I said earlier. I tried e-mailing the other poster with the issue and she has not replied, so ni idea what is going on with her.

The change is definitely not ME's intention.

Thank you for that info :smile:

I apologise to Arcane for any misunderstanding (blasted flu/cold/whatever).

It's more than likely just a staff training issue that needs to be addressed. Clearly whoever I spoke to knew about the event and booked it accordingly to the agreement that ME has with the Radisson. I now wished I took the name of the person I spoke to - as that would have been useful contact for those with 100% cancellation problems to go to.

No need to apologise - just felt like we were having two different conversations :smile: Your mention of a name made me think to look at the name on the two bookings I have - and sure enough, they are both signed by the same person, so you could be right about the staff training issue. I may follow that up if I can find the time.

Funny - that was what I was trying to find out from the other poster, the name of the person who had signed her booking. :lol: Then I was going to ask you and check if it's the same one. If you could pass the name on to me I'll be happy to forward it to Mark to include in the investigation. My e-mail is in my profile.

Funny - that was what I was trying to find out from the other poster, the name of the person who had signed her booking. :lol: Then I was going to ask you and check if it's the same one. If you could pass the name on to me I'll be happy to forward it to Mark to include in the investigation. My e-mail is in my profile.

Sorry I have been out of circulation. I have emailed you directly with the name and info, as you suggested to Arcane. looks like we are the only two bookings affected.