Hotel Code?

ang.chong

Try calling the Uk reservations line or the hotel direct

Both of those options would be an extremely expensive phone calls for me since I am in the US - I'm not even sure if my cell phone would let me. Hopefully the code will work online or I will have a friend in the UK make reservations for me.

You could try emailing them to place a hold on a room for you or asking the American call center to put you through to the hotel direct.

Tried emailing - no response, plus they state on their website they won't do reservations via email. The US call center has no way of putting me through to the UK. Just a little frustrated. Hopefully my friend will come through.

In the past the code has never worked on the website and you always had to phone to book. I prefer booking online for a number of reasons (I've never had proper confirmation when booking via phone although never had a problem with the booking to be fair) but this is the one event/hotel where you don't seem to be able to do that.

In the past the code has never worked on the website and you always had to phone to book. I prefer booking online for a number of reasons (I've never had proper confirmation when booking via phone although never had a problem with the booking to be fair) but this is the one event/hotel where you don't seem to be able to do that.

I will have to see if my friend in the UK is able to book it for us then. Personally that seems silly to me it is as if they just assume no one from abroad is going to book at the hotel. Thank you for your answer!

Court

I will have to see if my friend in the UK is able to book it for us then. Personally that seems silly to me it is as if they just assume no one from abroad is going to book at the hotel. Thank you for your answer!

Court

It may be different this time but someone else will have to answer that. For some reason the code for these events has never been accepted online. No idea why, would make things so much easier. I've booked other hotels for other (non-ME) events online using special event codes without any problems. I prefer to do it online and it clearly has an impact for international bookings that I wasn't aware of.

Not sure if it matters but when I called I was put though to events booking - Standard hotel room bookings seem to go througha seperate number. Maybe the website is similar and is only tied into the Standard centralised room system...

On a brighter note - I got a confirmation email from them within seconds of hanging up... its practically all done now, just need to sit back and enjoy the guests as they are added :whistling:

Booked over the phone with no problem, but slightly concerned that the confirmation e-mail I got says '100% cancellation charge'. I've never known this on an ME con hotel booking before. Not that I'm planning to cancel the booking!

Let me check on this. The only hotel that had implemented this before was the Park Inn in Northampton.

I was told and on e-mail too that you can cancel 7 days before your arrival date

Please note, this reservation is guaranteed for a late arrival after 4:00pm. In order to avoid any charges relating to this booking, we

would respectfully ask you to advise us of any amendments or cancellation no later than 4.00pm on the day of arrival, otherwise a

charge of 100% for the first night will apply.

Edited by Helen26

I was told and on e-mail too that you can cancel 7 days before your arrival date

Please note, this reservation is guaranteed for a late arrival after 4:00pm. In order to avoid any charges relating to this booking, we

would respectfully ask you to advise us of any amendments or cancellation no later than 4.00pm on the day of arrival, otherwise a

i got the same.

i got the same.

Same here too - which if you think about it is fine. You've left it so late that they will probably not be able to re-sell the room so they need to be compensated for that 1 night.

i got the same.

Same here too - which if you think about it is fine. You've left it so late that they will probably not be able to re-sell the room so they need to be compensated for that 1 night.

I agree that is perfectly reasonable, and that is what I was expecting. However, what my e-mail said is this:

"Please note 100% Cancellation Charge is applicable from the time the reservation is made"

which seems to me to imply that cancellation at any time will result in 100% charge.

Edited by Arcane