Latest Guest Announcement - Martin Wood

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce that Martin Wood, one of the producer/directors of Stargate/Atlantis, will be joining us for the event.

Martin was unable to make the last event, so we are delighted that he can now join us at Chevron 8.1!

martin-wood.jpg

• Like 1

Lol! I am right there with you Ophelia! I always love his directing, particularly his long walk-and-talks-in-one-take which involve long circles around one corridor whilst looking like several corridors, and the walking into a lift and out of lift which doesn't actually move but still looks like different floors... And his commentaries are so interesting and funny... Yep totally going to fangirl too ;)

• Like 1

Lol! I am right there with you Ophelia! I always love his directing, particularly his long walk-and-talks-in-one-take which involve long circles around one corridor whilst looking like several corridors, and the walking into a lift and out of lift which doesn't actually move but still looks like different floors... And his commentaries are so interesting and funny... Yep totally going to fangirl too ;)

Omg! I love that continuous panning shot that introduces Evan's office in Primeval: New World, the one that tracks them through the lab then sweeps up and around as they change levels. I won't admit to how many times i watched it.

Omg! I love that continuous panning shot that introduces Evan's office in Primeval: New World, the one that tracks them through the lab then sweeps up and around as they change levels. I won't admit to how many times i watched it.

How have I not seen this?!? I am going to have to go and watch Primeval: New World now!

The one that jumps to my mind is the opening to Stargate Continuum, a minute and 21 secs long (yes, i did just sit and time it) with so many things going on: starts off with a shot from a crane thingy, goes to a walking steady cam, follows a ton of people around, goes up and down stairs, catching various pieces of dialogue, hitting the lift doors as they open, then picking up and walking with SG1 towards the end... Don't like to think how long it took to set it up and film it!