not meeting guests you should of and regretting it.

Just wish I went to these shows years ago missed a lot of actors from movies I love

brad dourif

Peter weller

nancy allen

michael biehn

robert patrick

michael ironside

marc singer

jason mewes

Edited by malky

Robert Pattinson - like you I thought he would be back again.

My biggest regret though has to be Pat Morita. I've heard that he was a lovely guy but at the time I wasn't going to events and never asked my friend to get me one. Another actor I regret missing was Peter Graves.

Pete Postlethwaite for me too.

To this day I don't know why I didn't get him, I was there, he was sat in front of me but for some reason I didn't take the item I wanted to get signed (probably because I was laden down with too much other stuff).

To a lesser extent Richard Chaves (of Predator), he was the only person at Milton Keynes that I wanted to meet that year and I have a two person rule. Hopefully he'll be back sometime soon.

I personally keep beating myself up about not being able to clear out my schedule for this year's CMMK. But given the show (Doctor Who)'s popularity, that regret will soon be corrected: I will meet Jenna-Louise Coleman, someday o/

Other than that, I'd say Elisabeth Sladen. I didn't know Doctor Who then, nor the Sarah Jane Adventures, and now that I do I really wish I could've met her at least once.

And Claudia Black... Wish I was in conventions/signing events back then. Had I known.....

Irvin Kershner - literally saw the guy and did nothing. He passed a few years later :(

For the events not attended - Chris Lloyd, Nathan Fillion, Danny Trejo, Lance Henriksen, Peter Weller.

Honestly will be planning my money very carefully from now on and not missing anything!

stan lee :( imagine if lfcc got stan the man theyd be packed out!

That's the thing, you can't limit yourself to one venue without missing some people you'll regret. You can't win them all. Nor can you be in two places at once. There's plenty of guests I'd have love to have met who've only done Milton Keynes events, but on Bank Holidays its often more trouble than its worth getting there from where I am.

ye thats true but these shows are my release lol i enjoy them alot

Karl Urban at LFCC last year. I was only there on the Saturday and he finished early. I literally saw him stand up and walk away as I reached his area.

I bet you felt sick when you saw him leave

Karl Urban at LFCC last year. I was only there on the Saturday and he finished early. I literally saw him stand up and walk away as I reached his area.

I bet you felt sick when you saw him leave

Yes, and I was severely jetlagged at the time, having come straight to Olympia after getting off a flight from Vancouver, so I could have cried. If anything, I feel worse about it now than I did at the time.

Thankfully, I have a wonderful friend who got his autograph for me on the Sunday, but it would have been nice to have met him.

I don't really have regrets as such. There are those I would love to have met, who died before I started properly going to signings. You can't regret that sort of thing though - I hadn't reached the point in my life where conventions were appealing to me. That's just the way I was at that point in my life. For the ones I really want to meet nowadays, or ones I know will be unlikely to do another, I make extra effort and even dip into my savings to ensure I don't miss out. Like Stan Lee - I am not a massive fan of comics in general and wasn't interested in the convention he attended in UK recently, but I love all of his work and realised how rare an oppurtunity it was meeting him.

Can I also correct the majority of people here, and say that her name is Elisabeth Sladen, or Lis, with an "S." I know it's an easy mistake to make, but if you're really a fan of hers, please pay tribute by knowing how to spell her name.

• Like 1

If I've gone to an event I've generally met the people that I wanted to, although I did have to get Elijah Wood second time around as made the mistake of arriving just a little too late at Collectormania 4.

I suppose the other name that springs to mind is Peter Weller, if I remember he was at a Collectormania I think ages ago but left early and didn't come back !

Erika Eleniak, Vanessa Angel, Charisma Carpenter, Amber Benson, Ernest Borgnine, Leslie Nielsen, Terry Farrell, Denise Crosby. I'm sure there's probably more but those are off the top of my head... oh and I think Torrie Wilson might have been to one event.... oh and an ultimate one of mine, Jenette Goldstein aka Vasqueze from Aliens!!!

okay I edited this and thought of two more, Alexander Siddig and Roxann Dawson.

Edited by SilvaNemesis
  • Like 1

Three years I saw Nicholas Courtney 2010 on LFCC, the same year on sunday Elisabeth Sladen visited, I had a ticket to go on sunday, but thought that I didnt need to go the day after cause I was only gonna see her and I thought that Ive had my good time for this year. Well as many of you know she passed away less than a year after that. Ill never get that chance back...

Excellent topic and although i regret not going to any events before my first which was LFCC last year ,primarily to meet Gillian Anderson i do regret not getting Karl Urban's as i thought he was too expensive

and i had spent way too much already on Gillian and he seemed not to be personalizing whenever i walked past ,it just comes down to money i guess

actually i do regret not getting Roger Moore's when i met him back in the early 80's although i had no interest in collecting autographs back then