not meeting guests you should of and regretting it.

just a lil topic too keep the furom going lol, are there any guests who you have wanted too but didnt i.e wrong days or just not enough money? i have plenty my main ones are prob nick frost and simon pegg yearsss ago they came too lfcc when shaun of the dead was realeased should of met them but had no money oh and nathan fillion i must get that mans auto next time he's over this way!

Okay, completely editing my post as I'm not allowed to mention events.

Richard Dean Anderson and Joe Flanigan at one event. I was there, but out of money.

And I didn't attend a certain convention despite being aware of it's existence and I missed out on John Rhys-Davies, Jean Claude Van Damme, Robert Englund, ...

Edited by dogsoldierspoon
Please do not mention non-Showmasters events on the forum. This is against the forum rules.

I regret nothing. ;)

Although I do occasionally kick myself for not meeting/getting a photoshoot with James Marsters (and his then-peroxide blond hair!) at GMEX Manchester (and I didn't go to the first Hallowhedon so missed another shot there too). And although I met Ron Perlman when he came to LFCC several years back, I didn't get a photoshoot with him - arghh...

• Like 1

oh ye deff christopher lloyd really gutted i didnt get his auto i didnt have enough money really gutter about that one tbh love back to the furture! i met ron perlman when he was at lfcc but i wanna meet him again because i love soa!

oh also for me would be not going too chevron when richard dean anderson was there im a big sg-1 fan it was like my first sort of sci fi show i really got into when i was a kid and especially with meeting amanda tapping this year i have too get his soon :D

stan lee :( imagine if lfcc got stan the man theyd be packed out!

That's the thing, you can't limit yourself to one venue without missing some people you'll regret. You can't win them all. Nor can you be in two places at once. There's plenty of guests I'd have love to have met who've only done Milton Keynes events, but on Bank Holidays its often more trouble than its worth getting there from where I am.

This is a great question.

Because of lack of funds, I didn't get to meet all Indy guests at LFCC 2008. I also missed out on Wolf Kahler due to the fact that I kept saying to myself "I'll meet him later". When I showed up, he was gone for the day.

Easy one.....Leonard Nimoy. I'm deeply upset that I missed him not once but twice. Unless SM can coax him out of retirement (which I'm BEGGING them to do) I have missed this opportunity forever! :crying:

• Like 1

Guests I wanted to meet at this year's Collectormania, but couldn't: Torri Higginson, Spice Williams, Dennis Lawson, Gillian Anderson and Julian Sands. Met John Rhys-Davies, Kenny Baker, Ariana Richards and Christopher Judge, though! :)

I must force myself to not regret meeting guests that attended before I started going to Cons. There are some amazing people from the years before I began but if I were to play that game I would be here forever.

But I can regret not meeting guests at Cons I was at and just didn't have the money to meet them. And top of that list would have to be Scott Bakula. How I passed up the opportunity to meet Sam Beckett himself, I'll never know. :no: