Poss up to 20 guests for 20th anniversary!

ang.chong

Hi, Mark+Jason advised yesterday as next year is the 20th anniversary their big plan was the possibility of getting up to 20 guests for the big event.

They said for every 100 tickets sold will try to get an extra guest.

Wow........ :thumbup:

• Like 1

wow really? ive never done a chevron con but id be going alone id really like too go umm :S

No worries about going alone as many people do including myself! You end up getting to know alot of lovely other people (crew and attendees) so never really feel 'alone!'.... :smile:

wow really? ive never done a chevron con but id be going alone id really like too go umm :S

Come! I promise you, you will love it, not regret it in anyway, meet some great people and it will be a fantastic weekend! Just give it a go and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I would deffo agree with previous posters - if you are alone when you arrive you will have loads of friends by the time you leave......these are the friendliest cons ever and I have made friends for life at Chevrons!

As exciting as this news sounded at first, this means they need 2,000 attendees which is never going to happen.

Come! I promise you, you will love it, not regret it in anyway, meet some great people and it will be a fantastic weekend! Just give it a go and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

it is very tempting i regret not going when richard dean anderson went

I would love to have that many guest but just really don't see how we would be able to get all those autographs and photos, i think it would have to be a pick and chose type of set up where you miss one thing to see another.

Edited by Ophelia

Buy your ticket, if you dont enjoy it you can slap me on the day - Hard! lol (Ill be the one stalking Joe all weekend so you wont miss me!)

• Like 1

20 guests over a full weekend whilst a nice idea in theory will never happen - at least not in the form we know and love for the Chevron events. It is just not possible or plausible from an organisation or monetarial standpoint. :(

Buy your ticket, if you dont enjoy it you can slap me on the day - Hard! lol (Ill be the one stalking Joe all weekend so you wont miss me!)

Just don't get him mixed up with the real Joe Flanigan.....that could turn out reeeeeeaaallly bad ;)

• Like 1

i come alone mostly to these. but realy you are never alone. everyone is so friendly you will make loads of friends and ever year you come you make more new friends.everyone is happy to talk to you and for you to join in with their conversations.

Don't worry about being alone! As everyone else has said you really do make so many friends! Especially after the party on Friday night - the next day everyone knows each other more and chats more and then you get to the Saturday party and its just so much fun - always a crazy one! So you should definitely come along! :)

There's usually a Facebook page for it too so you can chat to people before you get there and it makes it less daunting! :)

Slap you?..... well if thats wat floats your boat lol im jokin im not violent :) i may go would be very cool i go too lfcc etc but thats with my dad lol

Thanks for the comments guys still unsure atm :)

This will be my first chevron event and only my second year with SM - Went to DSTL last year and going to LFCC next month but I'll be coming alone too so I understand your trepidation.

Looking forward to it now and all - just don't ask me to dance or you'll end up with bandaged feet...

Ive never been to a con of any discription before.... yet i was lucky enough to discover chevron 8.0 and i went there alone.... people are so friendly, you honestly wouldnt spend all weekend on your tod. Just do it......You only live once

Only way I can see a successful 20 guest Chevron would work would be to do it over an easter weekend, starting signing\Phot Shoots PM on the Friday and running all the way through till Monday PM.

or even starting slightly earlier e.g 5pm or 6pm on the fri running through till 7pm or 8pm mon. wouldnt need to be nescecerily a easter weekend could be any weekend with a bank hol monday. Edited by stargate geek emily

• Showmasters Admin

20 guests over a full weekend whilst a nice idea in theory will never happen - at least not in the form we know and love for the Chevron events. It is just not possible or plausible from an organisation or monetarial standpoint. :(

i said it and i will prove it.

For every 100 fans that book tickets massive events will get 1 guest fact

If we sell 1000 tickets i will book 10 guests fact

If there is 2000 fan book tickets i will book 20 guests fact

i

Iam a fan of Stargate and for all the people that know me well will know i do not lie on things like this its 20 years of gate so why not just go for it :-)

So come on everyone we can do this lets make this happen and make this the biggest Stargate event the UK has had for many years we have months to get the word out to everyone we know , we will need everyone from Europe and the US and Canada to try to get here so everyone please lets do this , we together can make this happen.

jason

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Only way I can see a successful 20 guest Chevron would work would be to do it over an easter weekend, starting signing\Phot Shoots PM on the Friday and running all the way through till Monday PM.

mate we are good :-) we can do this , friday would be a good day to get some of you through the lines early , there is no reason to not start early for the people that are there on friday .

and we could also go latter on in the evening a hour say between 6 and 7 would also get people thought also the hotel is big and we have the space do not worry , if we heave the support we will make it happen and it will work and be a great fun event one to remember .

jason

• Like 1

showmasters are fully capable of running a weekend con with 20 guests, have no worries about that guys,

this sounds great, though i cant see how 2000 ppl will blindly book for an event next year with no guests esp when the 20 or even 10 isnt guaranteed. or is this 8.1 event the one in question?

how many were at the RDA chevron jason? was a lot i think, close to a thousand? get RDA to tent pole it and im sure many would book straight up esp with the poss of 20 guests along him, i know a lot of ppl who couldnt make that chevron who would deff want to meet him, he is still rare over here. i think something like that as an early tent pole would really kick start a lot of fans booking early which would help push the numbers and in turn help push the possibility of more guests.

with no tent pole or guests up, it could easily turn into a warp or just run with the same numbers as the last few chevrons have.

ive been to a couple, i think my last was with RDA chevron wise, and ive enjoyed them very much. id deff consider a 20th anny stargate event with ME/SM even though ive cut back on the ME style weekend cons.

Edited by timelord81r