Thank you!

fifi

Thank you to everyone involved for all your hard work, we had a fantastic time.

Star of the weekend for me was the girl who was accompanying David Hewlett at the gold drinks reception, as she made sure everybody was involved and could hear what was being said. She went around the table checking with everyone individually that they were ok, so nobody was left out. Absolutely essential for shy people like me who may be too scared or intimidated to speak up in front of everyone!

She was also doing a great job of ushering the crowd during the group photo shoot, very funny.

She came across as a professional, and I always felt comfortable when I saw her around so thanks very much!

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone evolved for a fantastic weekend:

* The organisers for putting on such a great event.

* The crew who were amazing as always, especially those who helped me to be able to do everything in the most floppy-disabled-person-friendly manner (special thanks to you as I couldn't do it with out you!). And the lady (wo)maning the 8.1 ticket queue (I am sorry, I don't know her name) who goes above and beyond the call of duty!

* The photographers for taking great photos.

* The Sunday quiz organisers, who clearly put a lot of effort into doing the quiz, which was a lot of fun (and also thank you for the other parties, even though I didn't go to them...)

* My fellow attendees for being so friendly and fun and helpful and just generally a fantastic group of people.

* The hotel for putting up with us all (lol!)

And, of course,

* The guests, for being so entertaining and lovely and who just kept going the whole weekend.

Special mention to

* My mum, who is amazing and puts herself through it all just to look after me, and who enables me to be able to attend the event at all. :D

It's been a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining weekend. I have my ticket for 8.1 and I can't wait... Despite currently being exhausted, propped up in bed and barely able to walk ;) I thought I would get this out before I completely crash.

See you all next time!

• Like 1

I had a fantastic weekend and the crew are a huge part of making that happen, so thank you.

Special thanks to the guest liaison with Dan Payne at the cocktail party as he encouraged Dan to change sides of the table halfway through his time with us so everyone got to speak with him. Don't know your name but thank you!

Also thank you to those manning the auto queues Sunday because there were a few unhappy people and you all handled it with professionalism and understanding. The room was hot and tempers were a little frayed for some attendees I think as I heard more than one raised voice!

Thank you to everyone involved for all your hard work, we had a fantastic time.

Star of the weekend for me was the girl who was accompanying David Hewlett at the gold drinks reception, idated to speak up in front of everyone!

She was also doing a great job of ushering the crowd during the group photo shoot, very funny.

She came across as a professional, and I always felt comfortable when I saw her around so thanks very much!

Yunalesca: Thank you for your kind words, a couple of the crew alerted me to this post and I am so glad you had a good time at Chevron. The whole crew at Massive Events do their upmost to make sure that the attendees are having a good time and to make it as enjoyable as possible. I am just happy to be a part of a great team. :thumbup:

I'd like to add my thanks, especially to the lady on the reception desk who ensured I got my autograph from David Hewlett. I'm sorry I didn't get her name, but I'm SO grateful!

Misadites: MIsa! I am so glad you got you autograph as well! It was the one with all the guests having signed it correct and I had to check whether or not there was a smudge on it, right?

Today back to the day job:) It was a grand weekend though!

Pooks x

I too would like to say a big thankyou to all. It was yet again another fantastic weekend with such great guests who were all so friendly, even Paul when I stood on his toe during the photoshoot, lol. Giles and fellow photographer (Sorry, I don't know his name) did an outstanding job as always, and the crew were so helpful throughout the weekend.

A big hug goes out to all attendees, your all becoming like a second family and I look forward to seeing eveyone at 8.1.

This was my 6th con with Massive Events and I have never been let down by them, well done guys for another memorable event.

Want to add my thanks too. Thanks to all the wondeful crew for your hard work. Especially for all those who helped out the disabled attendees, you have no idea how the little things, like having chairs available to sit when we're waiting or inserting us into the queue at an appropriate point etc makes the experience more managable. For me It litereally means less pain and i'm able to enjoy the experience more and not have to miss out certain things in order cope with the weekend. Kudos to you all!

Thanks to all the attendees who also offered help and assistance, Stargate fans really are the best.

The pub quiz was great and the perfect way to wind down the weekend, so great job everyone involved and to those who put their vidoes toghether for the competition.

Finally the guests, whowere brilliant, entertainging, so generous with their time and such fun. it really was a weekend to remember.

Hope that makes sense, like giddygate girl I too am now propped up in bed recovering from the weekend and making sense is taking some effort lol ;)

See you there next year everyone xxx

Edited by Ophelia
  • Like 1

Misadites: MIsa! I am so glad you got you autograph as well! It was the one with all the guests having signed it correct and I had to check whether or not there was a smudge on it, right?

That's the one! Thanks so much, Pooks.

And of course, thanks to all the guests for taking time out and being so awesome - and hysterical! - especially one in particular. He knows exactly who he is. *grins*

I would like to say a HUGE HUGE HUGE THANK YOU for making my first Massive Events Chevron convention a really awesome experience for both my husband and I. Even with all the drama, headaches I'm sure I gave the staff, you all were extremely understanding and kind. Thank you again!!! I know that if we can come in April, we will come to 8.1, it all depends on my spring semester schedule as I'm headed back to graduate school this fall.

• 3 weeks later...

I was unable to attend this year's event due to serious health issue and it sounds like I missed a really great weekend. I'd like to thank Massive Events who, after hearing I was unable to go and why, made sure I received all I would've got as a gold pass holder except photo shoots obviously. The package arrived and cheered me up no end. Thanks again ME and I'm now in the process of booking my gold pass for Chevron 8.1 in 2014.