Sellers of protective sleeves in dealers hall.

_Lee_

Hey guys,

I forgot to pick myself up some 8x10 and larger toploader sleeves last weekend.There were a few people selling them in the dealers hall,but i had so many things to get signed i forgot to pick them up.Im talking about the semi rigid sleeves that many use for photo protection.

If someone could please let me know which dealers were selling them id be grateful.If you can help with anyone UK based it would help.I know they are made by both Ultra pro and BCW and i need some of the larger ones too.

Thanks

Lee

I they are the top loaders I'm thinking of DO NOT use them for permanent storage. They will ruin the autograph over time an can even stick

They should be used for storage while at events etc but then you should think about getting Polysetster or conservation all storage solutions as top loaders can be bad over time

• Like 1

Your best bed for storing your 8x10s would be to use an ITOYA archival art portfolio, i use them for my 8x10s, 11x14s, and A3 photos! Each folder holds 48 photos and they're designed specifically not to 'ruin' your autographs, they're a bugger to find on the internet but with a bit of searching it's soon found! (depends on where you are too, i'm in the UK and i think ITOYA are an american company so finding a UK stockist is difficult)

I totally agree i used to display my photos on the wall in the rigid plastic wallets and over time the signatures start to stick to the plastic. I ruined a couple of signed photos this way.

I started using the one from " Franks Autographs" a year or so ago as they are the ones the museums use for their storage and wont ruin your photos & autographs. You can put them in one of the boxes but the wallets themselves are still only £1 each so just as cheap as the other but wont ruin your photos. Will never buy the other plastic ones again thats for sure.

• Like 1

I was looking at Franks but after a hunt around I have just plced an order with these people.

Got 50x 2 pocket polyester pages for my aigned photoshoots for £24+p&p and they have a wider range of pockets and binders/boxes too. Will let you know what they are like when they arrive.

I've used the semi rigid toploader ones to store things for a few years, and I've not noticed any damage, but I do plan on getting some proper storage folders.

I get the toploaders from Incognito Comics, who are at all the LFCC and EMS shows. Lovely guys :)

When I went to LFCC12, it was the first con i'd gone to` to get autographs, i'd got about 15 8x10s signed, so thought i'd buy 15 toploaders, i kept them in there for a while, I had them piled up in my room, one day i spilt a can of coke over them! I quickly managed to get them all out, but for some reason, the coke got between the sig and the plastic, as i pulled the picture, it made the sig stick to the plastic, i now have a clean Ian glenn 8x10 and a toplloader signed by ian glenn ;)

• Like 1

When I went to LFCC12, it was the first con i'd gone to` to get autographs, i'd got about 15 8x10s signed, so thought i'd buy 15 toploaders, i kept them in there for a while, I had them piled up in my room, one day i spilt a can of coke over them! I quickly managed to get them all out, but for some reason, the coke got between the sig and the plastic, as i pulled the picture, it made the sig stick to the plastic, i now have a clean Ian glenn 8x10 and a toplloader signed by ian glenn ;)

I wish dealers would sell signed toploaders :P

I was looking at Franks but after a hunt around I have just plced an order with these people.

Got 50x 2 pocket polyester pages for my aigned photoshoots for £24+p&p and they have a wider range of pockets and binders/boxes too. Will let you know what they are like when they arrive.

Let me know how they go, i see they have 30x40 inch plastic sleeves, i'd be interested in getting some of them if you think your ones do a good job!!

Let me know how they go, i see they have 30x40 inch plastic sleeves, i'd be interested in getting some of them if you think your ones do a good job!!

Will do - will add photos too so you can see

Edited by Zahariel

Ok... So my Secol order arrived today, delivered by next day pre 16:00 courier. It was placed on Monday in the Morning so a 7 day turn around for me.

I had ordered 1x Grey boxboard binder &

I had ordered 1x 50 A-S Album pages (2 Pocket)

Their website doesn't accept payment details so they will contact you by phone to take payment - Bear in mind that they are a 'Royal Warranted' manufacturer and not just a shop that sells archival materials. Anyway their price including delivery was £57 (£29 for the pages, £17 for the binder and £11 for P&P).

The package was really well protected, the boxboard was sealed inside 2 further cardboard sheaths and a plastic wrapper whilst the pages were also bound in rigid cardboard and a plastic wrapper. They were then wrapped in packing paper and sealed with the usual courier jiffy bag - everything arrived in mint condition and there was no sign of damage to the jiffy bag.

[media=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/16009736@N07/sets/72157634047056884/[/media]

The pages are crystal clear and perfect for my photos - the 6x9s fit snuggly and the pages come with a lttle fold over flap at the insertion end to keep them in place and safe. At just under 60p per page (not including P&P) I think they are great value compared to Frank's autographs at £1 each and Preservation equipment Ltd at over £2 each. Secol do a whole range of A-S pages with both horizontal and vertical insertion.

The boxbinder is rigid, durable and looks good. I plan to cover the front with my entry tickets or maybe something else. It also comes with an optional contents pocket with can be stuck on anywhere - I put it on the spine. The pages sit perfectly in the binder and there is even room for seperators too, It folds out flat and can be stored horizontally or vetrically. The binder is also a decent price compared to other sources (Frank is selling the exact same box for £20 and PEL's (although slightly different) is £14.5). Secol do offer different types of binder if you find the grey too bland or want something else.

I just wanted to put this information out there as I know a few people (as I was) are unsure what the best way to store their images and autos - After doing some hunting around and checking out a lot of sites Secol seems the cheapest I can find and as a 'Royal Warrented' manufactuer, you know they are good quality. So if you're looking to store them in polyester I would recommend them.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Great thanks for the info i will check them out,

I need quite a a few so if i can save a few pounds that would be great, although will still buy from Franks when i see them as they are really nice people too and always helpful and I can never afford to buy in bulk so its just as easy to get £10 at a time until they're all done as your paying on the postage from Secol whereas you can just pick up the sleeves at the shows and the cost is probably the same your doing it like that. Either way these sleeves and boxes are a lot safer than that cheap plastic stuff that will ruin your photos eventually.

Edited by buffy2k